Comunity Organizing In Action.

Feb 22, 2011
Texas
SAN FRANCISCO -- A raucous crowd of demonstrators protesting the fatal police shooting of a man on a BART platform stormed into the Civic Center Station in San Francisco Monday afternoon and caused major service delays as they tussled with police and shouted racial epithets at transit officials.

Riot police eventually drove them out of the station, but the unruly mob reconvened at the 16th Street Mission Station. Service was disrupted at the Civic Center, 16th Street and Powell Street stations.

Read more: BART protest causes major delays in service

BART protest causes major delays in service

• Banned
I know, I have used BART, and it would just suck to not be able to get home after work. Not much from the cops on it.

The protesters gathered at the Civic Center Station at around 4:30 p.m. to protest the July 3 killing of Charles Blair Hill, a 45-year-old transient who allegedly threw a bottle at two BART officers and pulled a knife before one officer shot him to death on the Civic Center Station platform.

There is some history of cover-ups by BART cops so I can understand the suspicion, but don't inconvenience everyone else.

SAN FRANCISCO -- A raucous crowd of demonstrators protesting the fatal police shooting of a man on a BART platform stormed into the Civic Center Station in San Francisco Monday afternoon and caused major service delays as they tussled with police and shouted racial epithets at transit officials.

Riot police eventually drove them out of the station, but the unruly mob reconvened at the 16th Street Mission Station. Service was disrupted at the Civic Center, 16th Street and Powell Street stations.

Read more: BART protest causes major delays in service

BART protest causes major delays in service
Jeeeze!

MORONS OF THE WORLD! CONGEAL!

• Banned
velcompt to das police state.

The cops were not holding BART up. It was a community organized protest. Notice no one is posting video of this shooting ? That leads me to believe the cops shot a belligerent drunk with a knife. Being a Cop in Oakland California is not an easy job, and definitely not a safe one. In this case, I am on the cops side.

• Banned
cops are crooks with badges and guns.

And apparently good shots. I guess you think the thugs fucking with innocent by standers are hero's then ? There is also the fact they were protesting in Spanish. Wonder if "The Race was present".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back