Comrade Darwin

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
For some time now I've been posting about the weakness of Darwin's theory. Although its devotees deny it, none have been able to either provide proof from the fossil record to evidence that one species evolves into a new one.
I've also provided numerous quotes from recognized paleontologists and evolutionary biologists admitting exactly what I've states.

1. " Because the claims of Darwinism are presented to the public as "science" most people are under the impression that they are supported by direct evidence such as experiments and fossil record studies This impression is seriously misleading. Scientists cannot observe complex biological structures being created by random mutations and selection in a laboratory or elsewhere."
Johnson P.E. "Evolution as Dogma: The Establishment of Naturalism," Foundation for Thought and Ethics: Richardson, Texas, 1990, pp1-17

How can it be that so many seemingly educated folks refuse to come to terms with the weaknesses of Darwin's theory?

2. “Scientists committed to philosophical naturalism do not claim to have found the precise answer to every problem, but they characteristically insist that they have the important problems sufficiently well in hand that they can narrow the field of possibilities to a set of naturalistic alternatives.

Absent that insistence, they would have to concede that their commitment to naturalism is based upon faith rather than proof.

Such a concession could be exploited by promoters of rival sources of knowledge, such as philosophy and religion, who would be quick to point out that faith in naturalism is no more "scientific" (i.e. empirically based) than any other kind of faith.”
Philip Johnson, Professor of Law, Berkeley, Evolution as Dogma: The Establishment of Naturalism. Johnson, Phillip

3. Now the denouement!
de•noue•ment
noun
the final part of a play, movie, or narrative in which the strands of the plot are drawn together and matters are explained or resolved.

Answer: they've been 'educated' in government schools that have an investment in the secular, i.e., in attitudes, activities, or other things that have no religious or spiritual basis.

Here are the dots that need be connected:

4. One of the first readers of 'On the Origin of Species' was Friedrich Engels, then living in Manchester. He wrote to Karl Marx: "Darwin, by the way, whom I’m reading just now, is absolutely splendid. There was one aspect of teleology that had yet to be demolished, and that has now been done. Never before has so grandiose an attempt been made to demonstrate historical evolution in Nature, and certainly never to such good effect."
Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels, "Marx-Engels Collected Works" , vol. 40, p. 441.

a. Teleology is the idea that nature, or history, actually has a purpose, a design. Most theology presupposes a teleology

It also covers the idea that each of us has a purpose, a meaning in living.
It is the very opposite of nihilism, secularism.

5. What did Marx see in Darwin that he found entrancing?
The ability to claim that science 'demolished' the idea of a purpose in nature....an idea which is echoed in first paragraph of the Declaration of Independence, ‘Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God,’ and, in fact, consistent with many religions.

6. "Darwin's was/ is an entirely materialist theory—at a time when materialism wasn’t just unpopular in respectable circles, it was considered subversive and politically dangerous. Between 1838 and 1848, while he was first working out his ideas, England was swept by an unprecedented wave of mass actions, political protests and strikes. Radical ideas—materialist, atheistic ideas—were infecting the working class, leading many to expect (or fear) revolutionary change."
Charles Darwin: Reluctant Revolutionary

7. Although the aversion to all things relating to religion are regularly seen in communism, consider the reason: From Marx on, the Left has fought against religion because they understood how difficult it is to get religious people to engage in revolution for the purpose of bettering their material lives. Such folks often relegate the material world to lower priority than the spiritual, moral and intellectual world.

Left-wing ideas are predicated on Marx’s materialist view: only material things are real. Therefore, emotions, such as love, are no more than chemistry. And it suggests that it is only genes and environment that determine our actions, and free will plays no role. And, of course, God and religious beliefs are nonsense. Prager, “Still The Best Hope.”

So...you're a believer in Darwin's thesis?
Then you've been subtly sucked into Marxism as well.

Karl Marx.

Secularism.

Atheism.

And Comrade Darwin....and the pseudo-science, Darwinian evolution....

So let me get this right....because Marx cherry picked stuff out of Darwin and applied it to his political thinking, that makes Darwin a communist.

Do you ever have moments of clarity where you look at what you wrote and realize you're out where the buses don't run?

So let me get this right....because Marx cherry picked stuff out of Darwin and applied it to his political thinking, that makes Darwin a communist.

Do you ever have moments of clarity where you look at what you wrote and realize you're out where the buses don't run?

Don't worry, Stevey......more education is on the way.

Unfortunately, for some, the indoctrination you've received may be indelible.

If you have a wide and deep education, including the study of history, philosophy, and psychology, as well as the sciences.....there may be an opportunity for you to see the light.

I'm going to try to help you.

Stay tuned.

Most scientific theories have spots you can pick out and exploit.

The Theory of Evolution is, by far, the best scientific answer to the questions involving speciation and the huge variety of species on earth.

Is it perfect? Not even close. But then, since we are dealing with events that happened millions of years ago, it is hard to experiment.

If you would like to suggest a better scientific answer, please feel free.

Most scientific theories have spots you can pick out and exploit.

The Theory of Evolution is, by far, the best scientific answer to the questions involving speciation and the huge variety of species on earth.

Is it perfect? Not even close. But then, since we are dealing with events that happened millions of years ago, it is hard to experiment.

If you would like to suggest a better scientific answer, please feel free.

"The Theory of Evolution is, by far, the best scientific answer to the questions involving speciation and the huge variety of species on earth."

Well, it certainly is elegant.
Unfortunately it lends itself to a destructive worldview, as one can see in the OP.

I like your statement....but to be correct, you'd best replace 'scientific' with 'philosophical.'

Then, we'd agree.

Unfortunately it lends itself to a destructive worldview, as one can see in the OP.

Nope. Science explains how the natural world functions, and that's it. That people have to hang philosophical arguments on it somehow prove or disprove an agenda is not science's job or problem. Sorry if science is saying things you dislike, but that's just the way it goes.

I have no problem with the "Theory of Evolution" being taught in schools as a theory.

But not as a scientific fact. . :cool:

It's as much of a fact as the Gravational Theory, or Cell Theory, or Atomic Theory. Evolutionary Theory explains all those biological facts. A scientific theory is the framework facts hang on.

I have no problem with the "Theory of Evolution" being taught in schools as a theory.

It's as much of a fact as the Gravational Theory, or Cell Theory, or Atomic Theory. Evolutionary Theory explains all those biological facts. A scientific theory is the framework facts hang on.
Incorrect.

Gravitational Theory, or Cell Theory, or Atomic Theory, can be demonstrated in the laboratory and replicated.

But the Theory of Evolution has never been demonstrated or replicated and is still just an unproven theory. . :cool:

'Although Darwin’s theory is often compared favorably to the great theories of mathematical physics on the grounds that evolution is as well established as gravity, very few physicists have been heard observing that gravity is as well established as evolution.'
David Berlinski

Evolution is the secular 'religion' of Marxism/communism and Charles Darwin is the high priest. . :cool:

I'm going to make what I believe is a pretty strong case here, over the rest of the day.

It will be hard to refute.

I believe you're gonna like it.....

Incorrect.

Gravitational Theory, or Cell Theory, or Atomic Theory, can be demonstrated in the laboratory and replicated.

But the Theory of Evolution has never been demonstrated or replicated and is still just an unproven theory. . :cool:

It's been observed both in the lab and in the wild. We're not even talking about the fossil record, but in actual living, breathing, reproducing populations.

'Although Darwin’s theory is often compared favorably to the great theories of mathematical physics on the grounds that evolution is as well established as gravity, very few physicists have been heard observing that gravity is as well established as evolution.'
David Berlinski

You're right. We actually understand what makes Evolution tick. We're still working on Gravity.

Incorrect.

It's been observed both in the lab and in the wild. We're not even talking about the fossil record, but in actual living, breathing, reproducing populations.

"And let us dispose of a common misconception. The complete transmutation of even one animal species into a different species has never been directly observed either in the laboratory or in the field." Dean H. Kenyon (Professor of Biology, San Francisco State University), affidavit presented to the U.S. Supreme Court, No. 85-1513, Brief of Appellants, prepared under the direction of William J. Guste, Jr., Attorney General of the State of Louisiana, October 1985, p. A-16.

Incorrect.

Only environmental inter species 'adaptation' has been observed and replicated.

Which is not evolution. . :cool:

Why don't you fire off an email and ask the Discotute to explain nylonase bacteria and ring species and Professor Lenski's findings.

Why don't you fire off an email and ask the Discotute to explain nylonase bacteria and ring species and Professor Lenski's findings.
If I wanted to believe in a fantasy theory world......I would go to Disneyland with my kids. . :cool:

In other words you know they don't have a cut-&-paste quote to explain those instances of observed evolution.

I've provided numerous statements from recognized paleontologists and evolutionary biologists that there is no physical proof of Darwin's theory....including folks such as Stephen Gould.....stating what I've posted.....

So....let's get back to the bigger picture, and where Darwin fits in.

The provenance of the left and the leftist intellectual can be found beginning at the end of the eighteenth century....the French Revolution's misguided attempt to replace religion with reason...science, if you will. Some of it was amusing....such as applying the decimal system to the calendar.

And the antipathy to religion occurred at the same time.

Without a transcendent God to provide the connection with mankind, the agnostic intellectual found in progressive ideology, characterized by the utopia of a perfectly egalitarian society, a substitute god.

Communism could be seen as the only effective enemy of bourgeois society, and being utopian and egalitarian into the bargain, intellectuals moved to the left. That many of them became not merely sympathizers or fellow travelers but Party members, a few even spies for the Soviet Union, testifies to the enormous pull of the rhetoric and ideals of the left upon intellectuals.”
Robert H. Bork, “Slouching Toward Gomorrah,” p. 94

And, as one can see in the OP, that is why Darwin is so very necessary to this nihilist view of life. Marx could claim that science approved of his motivations.

No God, no purpose in the universe.....then 'we' must take the crusade for Utopia into our own hands.....the proper laws, the proper government....and they can change man's nature: from one species into another.

"The human species, the sluggish Homo sapiens, will once again enter the stage of radical reconstruction and become in his own hands the object of the most complex methods of artificial selection and psychophysical training... Man will make it his goal...to create a higher sociobiological type, a superman, if you will."
Leon Trotsky

Marx was thrilled that he could point to a supposed scientific theory that supported this view....and the result was some 100 million slaughtered by Marxism in one form or another.

Even in the 19th century, as religious conviction waned, the warnings were there. Ivan Karamazov, in “The Brothers Karamazov,” exclaimed ‘if God does not exist, then everything is permitted.’

There is an irreversible bond tying Marxism, atheism, materialism, secularism and "supported" by the unproven theory of Darwin.

Forum List

Back