Compare and Contrast: BO's versus GW's Fear Mongering

Bush Fear Mongering
The smoking gun will be a mushroom cloud

Obama Fear Mongering
If you don't elect me, the republicans will continue to run the country

Can't forget Obama, and his "crisis, crisis, crisis" speeches, or his..."if we don't get this 750 billion dollar stimulus bill passed in 3 days, we will be in the deepest depression since the Great Deprssion." Still....very little money has been doled out for this recession, and by most accounts we are coming out of it, hmmm go figure.

Yeah, funny how a majority of that stim money isn't even going to hit until next year. Why gooollly Sarge and that just happens to be . . . . an election year! But, but, but ... what happened to the urgency, to the crisis, to the NOW?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRf8VV_iIwo]YouTube - Foreigner - Urgent with lyrics[/ame]

you guys obviously have no clue what "playing the race card" means.

well mr smarty pants educate us then...explain it.

Claiming Racism is the cause for something when in fact it is not = playing the race card

Using Race and acusations of racism to get what you want by scaring those who dont want to be called racist = playing race card.

god am i super smart today or did everyone take a dumb pill this morning?

must be everyone else

but you have defined the race card good enough for me anyway. But applying that definition to what I posted "did the mean ol' black man scare you." is not claiming racism as a source. It is claiming cowardice as a source.

Last edited:
you guys obviously have no clue what "playing the race card" means.

well mr smarty pants educate us then...explain it.

Claiming Racism is the cause for something when in fact it is not = playing the race card

Using Race and acusations of racism to get what you want by scaring those who dont want to be called racist = playing race card.

god am i super smart today or did everyone take a dumb pill this morning?

must be everyone else

but you have defined the race card good enough for me anyway. But applying that definition to what I posted "did the mean ol' black man scare you." is not claiming racism as a source. It is claiming cowardice as a source.

I dont think "did the mean ol' black man scare you" is using the race card. Who said that :slap:

:)

It would appear after 8 months in office that despite his campaign rhetoric to the contrary, Obama is just as willing as his predecessor to peddle fear to help him advance his agenda.

So who's fear mongering is/was worse?

Compare and contrast the fear mongering being perpetrated by Obama with that of Bush.

Go.

PASS THE PATRIOT ACT OR WE WILL ALL DIE -bush

PASS THE GOVT HEALTH CARE BILL OR YOU WILL ALL DIE -obama

Ok there is one for you mani i'll post another after someone else does

Let see--
Bailout the Banks or it is Hoover time---Both!!

It would appear after 8 months in office that despite his campaign rhetoric to the contrary, Obama is just as willing as his predecessor to peddle fear to help him advance his agenda.

So who's fear mongering is/was worse?

Compare and contrast the fear mongering being perpetrated by Obama with that of Bush.

Go.

PASS THE PATRIOT ACT OR WE WILL ALL DIE -bush

PASS THE GOVT HEALTH CARE BILL OR YOU WILL ALL DIE -obama

Ok there is one for you mani i'll post another after someone else does

Let see--
Bailout the Banks or it is Hoover time---Both!!

DAMN IT you didn't...yup you did.....i can't believe I didn't think of that one.

I'm so anti-bailout my blood pressure goes up at the sight of the word :lol:

Good one.

The boy who cried wolf...eh i mean racist....;).

Do you even know what you yourself are writing, much less anyone else?

Seriously you dont really need me to explain that statement do you?

Here is a link for you to read Story Arts | Aesop's ABC | The Boy Who Cried Wolf

:slap:
OK, identify the post that was the boy crying wolf.
Anyway, I have yet to see one quotation by Bush that amounts to fear mongering. A lot of statements people now wish he made though.

Hey Rabbi,

Anyone that doesn't think the Bush administration was guilty of fear mongering is either brain dead or wholly intellectually dishonest. No offense.

Bush Fear Mongering

Obama Fear Mongering

Bush Fear Mongering
Saddam Hussein is directly involved in terrorism

Obama Fear Mongering
I want every American to have affordable healthcare

Bush Fear Mongering

Obama Fear Mongering

Bush Fear Mongering
Saddam Hussein is directly involved in terrorism

Obama Fear Mongering
I want every American to have affordable healthcare

That is sooo weak on your part Rightwinger. There have been a lot of examples with both parties on this thread.

Forum List

Back