Compare and Contrast: BO's versus GW's Fear Mongering

I guess Obama was "fear-mongering" because some here are obviously just afraid of black people.
Wow!!..The race card played in only 10 posts (not counting the OP) and 13 minutes!!

That's gotta be some kind of record! :lol:

obamaRaceCard.jpg

You might be right. It's usually played by post three and within seconds. :lol:

Are you daft?

If you dont pass the patriot act your friends and family will die -bush

If you dont pass universal health care your friends and family will die -obama

Or the ones you quoted.

I have more but i'm leaving some for others to post.

Please post the exact quotation by Pres Bush where he said just that.
Ditto with Obama.

Are you daft?

If you dont pass the patriot act your friends and family will die -bush

If you dont pass universal health care your friends and family will die -obama

Or the ones you quoted.

I have more but i'm leaving some for others to post.

Please post the exact quotation by Pres Bush where he said just that.
Ditto with Obama.

Mani am i not allowed to paraphrase in this game?

you guys obviously have no clue what "playing the race card" means.

well mr smarty pants educate us then...explain it.

Claiming Racism is the cause for something when in fact it is not = playing the race card

Using Race and acusations of racism to get what you want by scaring those who dont want to be called racist = playing race card.

god am i super smart today or did everyone take a dumb pill this morning?

That is a violation of policy...go edit it before i have it edited for you. (The violation being totally changing what i said in my quote in a way that was meant to alter what I said, and also to try and troll me into fighting you and distract us from the fact that you got PWNED)

Thank you for playing.

EDIT: Thank you Moderators for fixing that post...i deleted my quote so its gone.

Last edited:
It would appear after 8 months in office that despite his campaign rhetoric to the contrary, Obama is just as willing as his predecessor to peddle fear to help him advance his agenda.

So who's fear mongering is/was worse?

Compare and contrast the fear mongering being perpetrated by Obama with that of Bush.

Go.

PASS THE PATRIOT ACT OR WE WILL ALL DIE -bush

PASS THE GOVT HEALTH CARE BILL OR YOU WILL ALL DIE -obama

Ok there is one for you mani i'll post another after someone else does

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to PLYMCO_PILGRIM again.

grumblegrumblegrumblegrumblegrumblegrumblegrumble

I'm not sure at this point. They both excel in this area. Bush seemed to be okay until 9/11 and then everyone was out to get us. I do remember Bush warning us what might happen if Iran ever got nukes. Well, it looks like they've got them. Obama is certainly using the same fear playbook as Bush which is why I often refer to him as Bush-III. They are definitely similar in many ways. We'll see how it all adds up when Obama leaves office in 2012 (unless the Republicans run a 'John Kerry' type politician against him).

Do you think that a brutal attack on the mainland U.S. that killed over 3000 people might make him a little cautious? Hmm.
We don't know that Iran has nukes yet. We don't know what they are going to do when they do. We know Israel is sufficiently concerned (rightly so) to be considering a pre-emptive strike.

No question about it. Nearly the entire world backed the US when we invaded Afghanistan. And then came Iraq. At first it was to find WMDs. Then we were there to liberate the Iraqis. Then we were fighting the war on terrorism. I blame Congress for all of this.

Bush Fear Mongering
The smoking gun will be a mushroom cloud

Obama Fear Mongering
If you don't elect me, the republicans will continue to run the country

It would appear after 8 months in office that despite his campaign rhetoric to the contrary, Obama is just as willing as his predecessor to peddle fear to help him advance his agenda.

So who's fear mongering is/was worse?

Compare and contrast the fear mongering being perpetrated by Obama with that of Bush.

Go.

I thought fear mongering was only done by republicans ? .... :eusa_whistle:

Bush Fear Mongering
The smoking gun will be a mushroom cloud

Obama Fear Mongering
If you don't elect me, the republicans will continue to run the country

Can't forget Obama, and his "crisis, crisis, crisis" speeches, or his..."if we don't get this 750 billion dollar stimulus bill passed in 3 days, we will be in the deepest depression since the Great Deprssion." Still....very little money has been doled out for this recession, and by most accounts we are coming out of it, hmmm go figure.

Forum List

Back