Compare and Contrast: BO's versus GW's Fear Mongering

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
It would appear after 8 months in office that despite his campaign rhetoric to the contrary, Obama is just as willing as his predecessor to peddle fear to help him advance his agenda.

So who's fear mongering is/was worse?

Compare and contrast the fear mongering being perpetrated by Obama with that of Bush.

Go.

Last edited:
I dont recall any fear mongering by Bush. I never heard him say that people who opposed his policies needed to shut up. I don't recall his saying people were fear mongering when they opposed his policies. I never remember him stating that opposition to his appointees Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell was motivated by racism.
No, I don't.
I do see every day Obama and his supporters making these exact claims.
Anyone have some examples of fear mongering by Bush so we can compare? Anyone want to define "fear mongering" as opposed to pointing out potential problems that need addressing?

It would appear after 8 months in office that despite his campaign rhetoric to the contrary, Obama is just as willing as his predecessor to peddle fear to help him advance his agenda.

Compare and contrast the fear mongering being perpetrated by Obama with that of Bush.

Go.

PASS THE PATRIOT ACT OR WE WILL ALL DIE -bush

PASS THE GOVT HEALTH CARE BILL OR YOU WILL ALL DIE -obama

Ok there is one for you mani i'll post another after someone else does

Go.
:lol: Obama was fear mongering during his campaign, doofus.

I dont recall any fear mongering by Bush. I never heard him say that people who opposed his policies needed to shut up. I don't recall his saying people were fear mongering when they opposed his policies. I never remember him stating that opposition to his appointees Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell was motivated by racism.
No, I don't.
Anyone have some examples of fear mongering by Bush so we can compare? Anyone want to define "fear mongering" as opposed to pointing out potential problems that need addressing?

When did Obama tell people to shut up?

IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH MY POLICIES YOU ARE UNAMERICAN -bush's cronies/supporters

IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH MY POLICIES YOU ARE RACIST -obama's cronies/supporters

Notice i didn't attribute either statement to either president directly ;).

I like this game Mani...i wish i didn't waste my rep points on your other thread :lol:

When did Obama tell people to shut up?

When he said that people who created this mess (meaning healthcare) needed to shut up and step aside and let him craft a solution. The soundbite was all over so it won't be hard to find.

IF YOU DONT AGREE WITH MY POLICIES YOU ARE UNAMERICAN -bush's cronies/supporters

I like this game Mani...i wish i didn't waste my rep points on your other thread :lol:

ditto

ditto

Then we STILL have no example of fear monger to contrast and compare then do we????
As I suspected.

Go.

I'm not sure at this point. They both excel in this area. Bush seemed to be okay until 9/11 and then everyone was out to get us. I do remember Bush warning us what might happen if Iran ever got nukes. Well, it looks like they've got them. Obama is certainly using the same fear playbook as Bush which is why I often refer to him as Bush-III. They are definitely similar in many ways. We'll see how it all adds up when Obama leaves office in 2012 (unless the Republicans run a 'John Kerry' type politician against him).

I guess Obama was "fear-mongering" because some here are obviously just afraid of black people.

Yeah, that's a good example of fear mongering. Maybe that's actually race-mongering, a tactic that originated on the Left.
I don't recall Pres Bush playing the race card when his appointees were subject to the most racist caricatures out there. I also don't recall the Left voicing opposition to it.

I'm not sure at this point. They both excel in this area. Bush seemed to be okay until 9/11 and then everyone was out to get us. I do remember Bush warning us what might happen if Iran ever got nukes. Well, it looks like they've got them. Obama is certainly using the same fear playbook as Bush which is why I often refer to him as Bush-III. They are definitely similar in many ways. We'll see how it all adds up when Obama leaves office in 2012 (unless the Republicans run a 'John Kerry' type politician against him).

Do you think that a brutal attack on the mainland U.S. that killed over 3000 people might make him a little cautious? Hmm.
We don't know that Iran has nukes yet. We don't know what they are going to do when they do. We know Israel is sufficiently concerned (rightly so) to be considering a pre-emptive strike.

I guess Obama was "fear-mongering" because some here are obviously just afraid of black people.
Wow!!..The race card played in only 10 posts (not counting the OP) and 13 minutes!!

That's gotta be some kind of record! :lol:

obamaRaceCard.jpg

ditto

Then we STILL have no example of fear monger to contrast and compare then do we????
As I suspected.

Are you daft?

If you dont pass the patriot act your friends and family will die -bush

If you dont pass universal health care your friends and family will die -obama

Or the ones you quoted.

I have more but i'm leaving some for others to post.

Forum List

Back