Companies boycotting NRA

I'm sure some of you will support these companies, some may not. Pretty sure I will not be doing business with any of these companies anytime soon.

Alamo Rent a Car
Avis
Allied Van Lines
Best western
Budget
Chubb Insurance
Delta Air Lines
Enterprise Rent-a-Car
First National Bank of Omaha
Hertz
MetLife
North American Van Lines
Paramount Rx
SimpliSafe
Symantec
TrueCar

The full list of companies who have boycotted the NRA over the Florida shooting

Who is stupid enough to make a business decision based upon such dumb shit?

I go with who gives me the best bang for my buck, I couldn't care less about the politics of the company.

Then eventually businesses will control the politics of our country. Is that what you want?

Actually, just the opposite. If everyone was like me and did not give a shit about this sort of thing, then companies would not waste their time doing it. It is people like you that make going shopping a political experience that gives them their power.

No, by patronizing them, it sets the stage for all companies to be politically involved. If we boycotted such companies, other companies would stay out of politics and just concentrate on running their business the way it should be.

I don't care if a company is right or left, but just stay the hell out of policy and politics. Why empower the Democrats? Because that's all you're really doing. Democrats are control freaks. They always were and always will be. It's time to show them they can't control businesses and the country in general.

That was LGBT people...That doesn't make them liberals...

LGBT is liberal.
Not really since their is no liberal in their acronym....And there are republican LGBT members. One is called the Log Cabin GOP and is recognized by the RNC....

I know there are conservative gay people. But I'm talking as a whole here. You know, demanding special rights and considerations, things like that. It's leftist supported and against the conservative creed. So yes, I do consider them leftists.
So marriage is a special right? No it's not it's just a contractual agreement..

Of course it's a special right because our founders never mentioned marriage. You won't find the word anywhere in the US Constitution. Until recently, marriage in the United States was a legal and/or religious rite between one man and one woman.
No it wasn't....You could get married anytime you liked by other people than an ordained religious fellow...even sea captains could do it, a justice of the peace...Common law marriage also superseded contractual marriage licenses in 49 states. The only one that held out is Arkanass....

LGBT is liberal.
Not really since their is no liberal in their acronym....And there are republican LGBT members. One is called the Log Cabin GOP and is recognized by the RNC....

I know there are conservative gay people. But I'm talking as a whole here. You know, demanding special rights and considerations, things like that. It's leftist supported and against the conservative creed. So yes, I do consider them leftists.

Of course it's a special right because our founders never mentioned marriage. You won't find the word anywhere in the US Constitution. Until recently, marriage in the United States was a legal and/or religious rite between one man and one woman.
No it wasn't....You could get married anytime you liked by other people than an ordained religious fellow...even sea captains could do it, a justice of the peace...Common law marriage also superseded contractual marriage licenses in 49 states. The only one that held out is Arkanass....

Correct, but it wasn't recognized by the state. That's what they sued for. They wanted to force people to accept their perverted relationships and they won unfortunately.

Prior to that, two of any people could get married by religion. If you found a religion that would marry you, then you were married under that religion, but it was only recognized by that religion.

I'm sure some of you will support these companies, some may not. Pretty sure I will not be doing business with any of these companies anytime soon.

Alamo Rent a Car
Avis
Allied Van Lines
Best western
Budget
Chubb Insurance
Delta Air Lines
Enterprise Rent-a-Car
Hertz
MetLife
North American Van Lines
Paramount Rx
SimpliSafe
Symantec
TrueCar

I go with who gives me the best bang for my buck, I couldn't care less about the politics of the company.

Then eventually businesses will control the politics of our country. Is that what you want?

Actually, just the opposite. If everyone was like me and did not give a shit about this sort of thing, then companies would not waste their time doing it. It is people like you that make going shopping a political experience that gives them their power.

No, by patronizing them, it sets the stage for all companies to be politically involved. If we boycotted such companies, other companies would stay out of politics and just concentrate on running their business the way it should be.

I don't care if a company is right or left, but just stay the hell out of policy and politics. Why empower the Democrats? Because that's all you're really doing. Democrats are control freaks. They always were and always will be. It's time to show them they can't control businesses and the country in general.

I wonder if you can see the irony in a guy that is part of a group people that wants to tell people who they can and cannot marry complaining about another group being control freaks?

Since only 6 percent of adults are NRA members, certainly they would prefer to keep the business of the other 94 percent of the population.

If they stayed out of politics, they could keep their 100%.

But this is how dictatorships work. It's really no different than when the libs sent the FBI and IRS to attack political opponents. The Democrats are trying to disrupt the cash flow to the NRA because the NRA is their political enemy, and had nothing to do with the shooting. It's called political opportunity.

How is this any different than the Cons calling for a boycott of Target for their made up war on Christmas or the Cons calling for a boycott of Disney because they were nice to gay people?

I don't recall them boycotting anything. They did highlight that Target was catering to the weirdos in dresses, but nobody called for a boycott. But because of their policy, individuals may have.

Alamo Rent a Car
Avis
Allied Van Lines
Best western
Budget
Chubb Insurance
Delta Air Lines
Enterprise Rent-a-Car
Hertz
MetLife
North American Van Lines
Paramount Rx
SimpliSafe
Symantec
TrueCar

I wonder if you can see the irony in a guy that is part of a group people that wants to tell people who they can and cannot marry complaining about another group being control freaks?

I don't consider States Rights to be control freak. I consider States Rights as a constitutional right.

Since only 6 percent of adults are NRA members, certainly they would prefer to keep the business of the other 94 percent of the population.

But this is how dictatorships work. It's really no different than when the libs sent the FBI and IRS to attack political opponents. The Democrats are trying to disrupt the cash flow to the NRA because the NRA is their political enemy, and had nothing to do with the shooting. It's called political opportunity.

How is this any different than the Cons calling for a boycott of Target for their made up war on Christmas or the Cons calling for a boycott of Disney because they were nice to gay people?

I don't recall them boycotting anything. They did highlight that Target was catering to the weirdos in dresses, but nobody called for a boycott. But because of their policy, individuals may have.

Three convincing reasons to boycott Target this Christmas

I don't consider States Rights to be control freak. I consider States Rights as a constitutional right.

I consider anyone who thinks they get to tell people whom to marry and not marry a control freak.

Correct, but it wasn't recognized by the state. That's what they sued for. They wanted to force people to accept their perverted relationships and they won unfortunately.

Prior to that, two of any people could get married by religion. If you found a religion that would marry you, then you were married under that religion, but it was only recognized by that religion.
The states are some of the worst abusers of basic rights...In this nation we lives as equals or we don't like the history of the US is full of hypocritical examples of how rights were abused on certain groups and through the courts received redress to live as others enjoy(ed).. Either that or stop the ideology that is America, freedom, equality and justice....

I consider anyone who thinks they get to tell people whom to marry and not marry a control freak.
I simply warn them of the trap they are insidiously setting themselves up for.

I stopped going to Target thirty years ago...

`
The list is growing. It's the turning of the tide.

What tide? 58 year school ago 60% of Americans wanted guns banned, to day it is 28%, the tide turned and since you need 66% of the House and 66% of the Senate to move a Constitutional change to the states and then require 75% of the states to ratify the change, it seems very unlikely the tide will come in to play. Keep dreaming.

The only place I have stopped going is Sears and K-mart...but they both closed their stores that were close to me.

Other than that I pretty much go where it is convenient.

What tide? 58 year school ago 60% of Americans wanted guns banned, to day it is 28%, the tide turned and since you need 66% of the House and 66% of the Senate to move a Constitutional change to the states and then require 75% of the states to ratify the change, it seems very unlikely the tide will come in to play. Keep dreaming.
`
In case you haven't been keeping up with current events, I'm referring to the backlash against the NRA, such as this; The Teens Are Coming For The NRA, And They Can’t Be Stopped. The days of the NRA's reign are about to change.
`

`
In case you haven't been keeping up with current events, I'm referring to the backlash against the NRA, such as this; The Teens Are Coming For The NRA, And They Can’t Be Stopped. The days of the NRA's reign are about to change.
`

Yeah, I’ll wait and see, teens are focused until the next Tidepod fad comes along.

The only place I have stopped going is Sears and K-mart...but they both closed their stores that were close to me.

Other than that I pretty much go where it is convenient.

I try to stay away from big box stores like Walmart, Target, Home Depot and I support local businesses, it might cost a few pennies more but I like the smaller stores.

Forum List

Back