Community organizers pray to Obama?

Funny, I put up a link where Christians were praying to a card board cutout of Bush AND they were doing that "speaking in tongues" nonsense. It was from the "Jesus Camp" movie.

aoweishguqthnrondgf
ofhieoqwpuihnfeiopuwhn

Translation? "You sure are gullible".
Kindly provide the link RD. You seem to do this kind of thing a lot. If your going to say it, back it up...that's all I'm asking for.

thank you for admitting liberals are inserting religion into politics :clap2:
You don't think people who are religious have a right to lobby congress for their causes?

Wow.

If they are lobbying on behalf of their church, no. The church is a non profit organization, and has strict guidelines for non profit status.
Once again, the Gamaliel Foundation and National Clergy Caucus is not a CHURCH.

Pfft.

How are the people in the video inserting religion into government?
They are praying to GOD, not Obama, who had not even been in office when this was shot.

And this is a Clergy Caucus.

What the hell is wrong with some people?

If they are praying to "God", why isn't their response "Hear our cry oh God" instead of "Hear our cry Obama".
They are not saying that. They are saying God.

You have been duped.

You don't think people who are religious have a right to lobby congress for their causes?

Wow.

If they are lobbying on behalf of their church, no. The church is a non profit organization, and has strict guidelines for non profit status.
Once again, the Gamaliel Foundation and National Clergy Caucus is not a CHURCH.
Paperview, that's why I worded it the way I did. If...they aren't a non profit then they can say what they wish. Non profit is the key word.

They are praying to GOD, not Obama, who had not even been in office when this was shot.

If they are praying to "God", why isn't their response "Hear our cry oh God" instead of "Hear our cry Obama".

You have been duped.

I listened, I heard "Hear our cry Obama". Don't know how I could mistake "obama" for "God". one has one syllable, the other has 3. They don't rhyme, they don't sound the same...nope, I heard "Hear our cry Obama". What did everybody else hear?

You have been duped.

I listened, I heard "Hear our cry Obama". Don't know how I could mistake "obama" for "God". one has one syllable, the other has 3. They don't rhyme, they don't sound the same...nope, I heard "Hear our cry Obama". What did everybody else hear?
That's what you heard. It was overlapping sounds of different voices.

Enough people heard the difference to there even be a note from the editor right under the vid:

"Editor's note: We've updated this post with the longer version of the original event. As you'll see in the comments and related links there is a debate over what is actually being said. Does the crowd say, "Hear our cry, Obama" and "Deliver us Obama?" Or are they saying "Oh God?" In the longer version the first two repetitions seem to have a distinct "uh" sound at the end that resonates as "Obama." The later repetitions are a little fuzzier. Did some of the religious leaders present become uneasy? Or was there a mix of what was being said? Read some of the blogger analysis below. What do you think?"

Larry Davis, who is not an Obama supporter, and thinks he's a "puppet" chimes in:

" I am not a supporter of Obama or any politician for that matter. I listened to this video with headphones several times and it is clear to me that the crowd says “Oh God” every time. Some say “God” a few seconds after others so that is why it sounds like “Obama”. Before they all gather inside they are shouting “Everybody In, Nobody Out!” not “Obama”.

Even the title of it with the word "appears" implies a bit of doubt.

You have been duped.

Enough people heard the difference to there even be a note from the editor right under the vid:

"Editor's note: We've updated this post with the longer version of the original event. As you'll see in the comments and related links there is a debate over what is actually being said. Does the crowd say, "Hear our cry, Obama" and "Deliver us Obama?" Or are they saying "Oh God?" In the longer version the first two repetitions seem to have a distinct "uh" sound at the end that resonates as "Obama." The later repetitions are a little fuzzier. Did some of the religious leaders present become uneasy? Or was there a mix of what was being said? Read some of the blogger analysis below. What do you think?"

Larry Davis, who is not an Obama supporter, and thinks he's a "puppet" chimes in:

" I am not a supporter of Obama or any politician for that matter. I listened to this video with headphones several times and it is clear to me that the crowd says “Oh God” every time. Some say “God” a few seconds after others so that is why it sounds like “Obama”. Before they all gather inside they are shouting “Everybody In, Nobody Out!” not “Obama”.

I heard the "everybody in, nobody out" part clear as day....why would I hear that right and then not hear the "hear our cry Obama" part right?

I heard the "everybody in, nobody out" part clear as day....why would I hear that right and then not hear the "hear our cry Obama" part right?
Because you want to.

I went back and listened again and I still here "Hear our cry Obama". I also read some of the comments including the following...which really scares me...

PeteZ September 29th, 2009 - 10:46 am

I don’t know why there are so many hateful comments here. Hate breeds hate, love breeds love. We pray to our saints in church for guidance, what is wrong with this? PRESIDENT Obama is a saint in our time. He has come to heal the sick, feed the poor, and bring peace to the world. What if God were one of us? Jesus said he would come again and people would doubt him. I see a lot of doubters here. He may not be Christ, but what if, just what if? Have faith? No one in our lifetimes has ever come to do so much for so many, all guided by love in his heart. Accept PRESIDENT Obama. Imagine what we could do if we all pooled our faith and had an attitude of love toward him, helping him achieve his goals. The world would live in peace and prosperity. He is the President of Peace.

Because you want to.

I doubt that...but why don't you read all the comments instead of the only one that agrees with you.

I'm not the only one that heard "Hear our cry Obama"...and some of those people seem to think not only is that what they heard, but it's right that they should have heard that.

thank you for admitting liberals are inserting religion into politics :clap2:

Wow.

never said that did i....nice try

go back and read what i said

Forum List

Back