Zone1 Common Figure of Speech?

rstrats

Jul 1, 2011
There are some folks who think that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week with the resurrection taking place on the 1st day of the week. The Messiah said that He would be in the "heart of the earth" for 3 days and 3 nights (Matthew 12:40). Of those who think that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week, there are some who think that the "heart of the earth" mentioned in the verse is referring to the tomb. However, a 6th day of the week crucifixion/1st day of the week resurrection allows for only 2 nights to be involved with the Messiah's time in the tomb. To account for the lack of a 3rd night, there may be some of those mentioned above who try to explain the lack of a 3rd night by saying that the Messiah was using common figure of speech/colloquial language. And that is the only issue of this topic, i.e., the commonality of saying that a daytime or a night time was forecast or said to be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could have occurred. I wonder if anyone who may fall in the above group of believers might provide actual examples/instances to support the belief of commonality.

There are some folks who think that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week with the resurrection taking place on the 1st day of the week. The Messiah said that He would be in the "heart of the earth" for 3 days and 3 nights (Matthew 12:40). Of those who think that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week, there are some who think that the "heart of the earth" mentioned in the verse is referring to the tomb. However, a 6th day of the week crucifixion/1st day of the week resurrection allows for only 2 nights to be involved with the Messiah's time in the tomb. To account for the lack of a 3rd night, there may be some of those mentioned above who try to explain the lack of a 3rd night by saying that the Messiah was using common figure of speech/colloquial language. And that is the only issue of this topic, i.e., the commonality of saying that a daytime or a night time was forecast or said to be involved with an event when no part of a daytime or no part of a night time could have occurred. I wonder if anyone who may fall in the above group of believers might provide actual examples/instances to support the belief of commonality.
You're so far out of touch with what's important.

The Golden Rule​

12 “Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.

Jesus was crucified at mid-day Wednesday, entombed by late afternoon and resurrected on Saturday evening.

I try not to let atrocities that took place 2000 plus years ago determine how I live my life. I may be wrong but that's the way I feel.

I try not to let atrocities that took place 2000 plus years ago determine how I live my life. I may be wrong but that's the way I feel.
I don't see how that is applicable to the topic. I wonder if you might explain why you think that it is?

I don't see how that is applicable to the topic. I wonder if you might explain why you think that it is?

It's applicable to the topic because who cares about some person being crucified 2000 years ago? It's a non-starter for me - sorry 'bout that.

it just seems like petty bickering like how many angels on the head of a pin types stuff...

when the importance is how it conditions us to treat each other.
Hey, I simply asked a question. Where do you see any "bickering"?

BTW, are you saying that every post on these boards have to explain how the post conditions us to treat each other?

It's applicable to the topic because who cares about some person being crucified 2000 years ago? It's a non-starter for me - sorry 'bout that.
Do you believe that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week?

Hey, I simply asked a question. Where do you see any "bickering"?

BTW, are you saying that every post on these boards have to explain how the post conditions us to treat each other?
no.
im saying the importance of religion is the moral code it imparts, or how it advises us to treat each other.

I don't see the difference.
you don't see the difference between what and what?

lets' be clear here. i don't do word games.

Im saying the value of a religion is in its moral teaching and not facts of the days of the week of the alleged resurrection.

Do you believe that the crucifixion took place on the 6th day of the week?
I note you have been beating this drum for over ten years now all over the Internet. I--and others--have given you clear concise answers to your question. You did not listen then, you are not listening still. I, for one, am sure you never will.

I note you have been beating this drum for over ten years now all over the Internet. I--and others--have given you clear concise answers to your question.
It's been longer than that, and so far, only one possible example has been given. One doesn't make it common.

Forum List

Back