Commerce Secty in hit and run

He's a democrat, rules dont apply. He can do what he wants and the drones will still back him.

I highly doubt that's what he is arguing for his justification. It may be the way some see things, but that reasoning wont hold up in court.

no the point is, rules dont apply to democrats. They love to make them, but they dont actually follow them. Sure he wouldnt say that in court, he'd hope the judge was a democrat and let him go.

Im really not seeing where partisan politics has anything to do with this situation.

John Bryson Hit-And-Run: Obama Commerce Secretary Cited For Felony

Get ready for the screeching and pointing ... somehow, the rw's will make this Obama's fault. Impossible of course because, clearly, its Bush's fault.

Hope everyone involved is okay.
Asswipe.

Onto the subject: I don't know how it works in California, but here in Virginia, one seizure without any explanation as to why (accident, toxins, etc.) and the doctor is required to notify the DMV. The DMV then yanks your license for a temporary time until the physician is sure that the seizure was just an anomaly or under control.

Seems like that should have been done for this guy.

My (inexpert) understanding of California law is that felony hit and run requires that the person know that an accident occurred and that someone was injured. So if Bryson was suffering from a seizure that left him blacked out (as Politico's story says a previous seizure did) then he did not commit a crime.

It may be enough for a jury. But then there is likely reasonable doubt depending on the experts testimony.

I would be very surprised if this case ever came before a jury.

It won't. He will pay a fine and repay the victims for damages and receive a diversion.

As it should be.

My (inexpert) understanding of California law is that felony hit and run requires that the person know that an accident occurred and that someone was injured. So if Bryson was suffering from a seizure that left him blacked out (as Politico's story says a previous seizure did) then he did not commit a crime.

It may be enough for a jury. But then there is likely reasonable doubt depending on the experts testimony.

Well, chances are if charges arae brought they would reach a settlement. But I wouldn tbe surprised if charges were brought. Ive seen them brought for things far more superfulous than this. He left the scene. Even if the seizure caused the accident, he left. That's enough for charging in most cases.

Now he could put on a defense that he was blacked out and didnt intentionally do it. But thats a question for the jury.

Luddie Nuttie is trying so hard to make this a partisan issue. Such a pathetic hack.

yeah right.

I was making a joke relative to the idiotic statement in the article that somehow, President Obama would be blamed for this.

In point of fact, rw's work very hard to deny that ReaganBushBush trashed this country AND that you are all preparing to vote for a jerk who has said he will continue to TRASH this country.

THAT is fact and every one of you tools know it.

Dudley....which tool chest do you report too?....is it the one on the left?....

LOLOL, I love this, always a reason or excuse why a democrat can break or bend the law, but noone else can.

I agree but he certainly shouldn't be allowed behind the wheel any longer.

i am pretty sure he has to be seen by a Doctor first Gramps.....then his License will be pulled until the Docs say he is OK....but he should not drive until then....

Obama is not at fault; but this does show that he picked total sleeze balls to be in his cabinet. And why is Bryson not already fired, or at least suspended? You think Obama gets a pass for that?

Obama is not at fault; but this does show that he picked total sleeze balls to be in his cabinet. And why is Bryson not already fired, or at least suspended? You think Obama gets a pass for that?
Because he did nothing wrong ... Rove apologized for his nasty tweet.

It won't. He will pay a fine and repay the victims for damages and receive a diversion.

As it should be.

Seems like a fair deal to me. Id recommend it if I was his Attorney

I'm not an attorney, but I wouldn't recommend that at all. Bryson has only been cited, he hasn't even been formally charged. I'd send the authorities Bryson's medical records and perhaps sworn statements from his doctors. I'd argue that Bryson had suffered a seizure and didn't know what he was doing and that therefore he should not be charged. I would offer to repay the victims though, since Bryson is a former CEO who can presumably easily afford it.

Get ready for the screeching and pointing ... somehow, the rw's will make this Obama's fault. Impossible of course because, clearly, its Bush's fault.

Asswipe.

Onto the subject: I don't know how it works in California, but here in Virginia, one seizure without any explanation as to why (accident, toxins, etc.) and the doctor is required to notify the DMV. The DMV then yanks your license for a temporary time until the physician is sure that the seizure was just an anomaly or under control.

From the Link.

Under California law, a doctor has to report a patient who complains of lapses of consciousness or whose epileptic seizures pose an impairment to driving. In those cases, a person can't drive unless he's been seizure-free for three months.

If it does turn out that he was drug and alcohol free, he needs some serious medical evaluation. The first car he rear ended was stopped at a railroad crossing waiting on a passing train. I think they were all very lucky.

Asswipe.

From the Link.

Under California law, a doctor has to report a patient who complains of lapses of consciousness or whose epileptic seizures pose an impairment to driving. In those cases, a person can't drive unless he's been seizure-free for three months.

If it does turn out that he was drug and alcohol free, he needs some serious medical evaluation. The first car he rear ended was stopped at a railroad crossing waiting on a passing train. I think they were all very lucky.
Thanks.

Wow, they WERE very lucky.

It would be interesting if his physician did not take action to yank his license because of his 'status' - if there was any sort of influence on the physician.

I read the piece this morning and I can't recall if his physician DID know.

Asswipe.

From the Link.

Thanks.

It would be interesting if his physician did not take action to yank his license because of his 'status' - if there was any sort of influence on the physician.

Really? You can't help yourself from creating a conspiracy theory even when it's shown that it was probably just a tragic set of circumstances?

Gross.

From the Link.

Thanks.

Really? You can't help yourself from creating a conspiracy theory even when it's shown that it was probably just a tragic set of circumstances?

Gross.
Climb back under your rock.

Forum List

Back