Comments about killing the President = "free speech" to 9th Circus

As to the first point: of those who run their mouths in that ignorant fashion, few happen to be simultaneously in possession of 50 cal rifles. Such "minor" differences make a big difference in the analysis.

The fact that Candidate Obama (a fact I already noted) was not yet President Obama makes no difference to the "rule." The law being applied addresses a threat against the President OR against a candidate for very good, sound, legitimate reasons.

I didn't know that second part.

Your first point I still disagree with. People say vile and stupid things all the time without meaning them seriously.

As to the "law" in question, I quote from the decision itself:

The federal statute under which Bagdasarian was indicted, 18 U.S.C. § 879(a)(3), makes it a crime to "knowingly and willfully threaten[ ] to kill, kidnap, or inflict bodily harm upon . . . a major candidate for the office of President or Vice President, or a member of the immediate family of such candidate."

People say vile and stupid shit all the time and often DO mean them. But when it comes to talking smack about violence, those who talk specifically about 50 cal ammo to the head are NOT always in possession of a 50 cal rifle.

Again, the Court's decision spells out the facts (as determined by the trial record):

A month after the two statements for which Bagdasarian was indicted were posted on the AIG message board, two agents visited and interviewed him and he admitted to posting the statements from his home computer. When asked, he also told the agents that he had weapons in his home. The agents found one weapon on a nearby shelf; Bagdasarian said he had other weapons in addition. Four days later, agents executed a federal search warrant at Bagdasarian's home and found six firearms, including a Remington model 700ML .50 caliber muzzle-loading rifle, as well as .50 caliber ammunition. The agents also searched the hard drive of Bagdasarian's home computer and recovered an email sent on Election Day with the subject, "Re: And so it begins." The email's text stated, "Pistol??? Dude, Josh needs to get us one of these, just shoot the nigga's car and POOF!" The email provided a link to a webpage advertising a large caliber rifle. Another email that Bagdasarian sent the same day with the same subject

heading stated, "Pistol . . . plink plink plink Now when you use a 50 cal on a nigga car you get this." It included a link to a video of a propane tank, a pile of debris, and two junked cars being blown up. These email messages would appear to confirm the malevolent nature of the previous statements as well as Bagdasarian's own malignant nature. Unlike in the case of his first two message board statements two weeks earlier, this time he did not attempt to excuse his inexcusable conduct on the ground that he was intoxicated. After the Secret Service filed a criminal complaint against Bagdasarian for the posting the "shoot the nig" and "Obama fk the niggar" statements, the Government filed the superseding indictment at issue here, charging Bagdasarian in two counts under 18 U.S.C. § 879(a)(3) with threatening to kill and inflict bodily harm upon a major candidate for the office of president of the United States. Bagdasarian waived his right to a jury trial. His case was tried before a district judge upon the foregoing stipulated facts. The district court found Bagdasarian guilty on both counts. He appeals. * * * *
-- Call for Obama’s assassination ruled free speech - Los Angeles Times
I just can't get worked up about it. It seems to me he was hoping someone else would do it, not saying he was going to do it himself. That he named a weapon that he owned as a weapon to do it just means that he had that weapon in mind because it was familiar.

Not saying the guy isn't a vile shithead, but I have a hard time seeing where he meant to carry out the threat.

Yeah, that's why this guy is in jail.

Vikram Buddhi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And link to posters on here that have called for Bush's death. Can you? Can you link any that have called for Obama's death?

The fact that you think it's funny that someone calls for the assassination of anyone says a lot of how you think.
i didn't see any humour in what he posted and nor do I think he wrote it with a grin on his face chuckling.

He was pointing out the disparity. Heck they made movies about getting RID of Bush...or did YOU forget that?

Sure it was British...but how many here applauded it? Good memory for you...but too short.

Your stance is indefensible.

Oh killing DA BOOOOOSH was all the rage with the Left/Progressive wankers. They wont admit it but they know it's true. Now they're all feigning such outrage over this. I think it's ridiculous and hilarious. The 9th Circuit is made up of their own fellow Left/Progressive wankers. They should be applauding this ruling no?
See, the partisan hack thinks it's hilarious!

And of course he doesn't mention the man in jail for posting stuff about wanting to kill Bush, because then he can't claim his lies.

Grow up.

I didn't know that second part.

Your first point I still disagree with. People say vile and stupid things all the time without meaning them seriously.

As to the "law" in question, I quote from the decision itself:

People say vile and stupid shit all the time and often DO mean them. But when it comes to talking smack about violence, those who talk specifically about 50 cal ammo to the head are NOT always in possession of a 50 cal rifle.

Again, the Court's decision spells out the facts (as determined by the trial record):

A month after the two statements for which Bagdasarian was indicted were posted on the AIG message board, two agents visited and interviewed him and he admitted to posting the statements from his home computer. When asked, he also told the agents that he had weapons in his home. The agents found one weapon on a nearby shelf; Bagdasarian said he had other weapons in addition. Four days later, agents executed a federal search warrant at Bagdasarian's home and found six firearms, including a Remington model 700ML .50 caliber muzzle-loading rifle, as well as .50 caliber ammunition. The agents also searched the hard drive of Bagdasarian's home computer and recovered an email sent on Election Day with the subject, "Re: And so it begins." The email's text stated, "Pistol??? Dude, Josh needs to get us one of these, just shoot the nigga's car and POOF!" The email provided a link to a webpage advertising a large caliber rifle. Another email that Bagdasarian sent the same day with the same subject

heading stated, "Pistol . . . plink plink plink Now when you use a 50 cal on a nigga car you get this." It included a link to a video of a propane tank, a pile of debris, and two junked cars being blown up. These email messages would appear to confirm the malevolent nature of the previous statements as well as Bagdasarian's own malignant nature. Unlike in the case of his first two message board statements two weeks earlier, this time he did not attempt to excuse his inexcusable conduct on the ground that he was intoxicated. After the Secret Service filed a criminal complaint against Bagdasarian for the posting the "shoot the nig" and "Obama fk the niggar" statements, the Government filed the superseding indictment at issue here, charging Bagdasarian in two counts under 18 U.S.C. § 879(a)(3) with threatening to kill and inflict bodily harm upon a major candidate for the office of president of the United States. Bagdasarian waived his right to a jury trial. His case was tried before a district judge upon the foregoing stipulated facts. The district court found Bagdasarian guilty on both counts. He appeals. * * * *
-- Call for Obama’s assassination ruled free speech - Los Angeles Times
I just can't get worked up about it. It seems to me he was hoping someone else would do it, not saying he was going to do it himself. That he named a weapon that he owned as a weapon to do it just means that he had that weapon in mind because it was familiar.

Not saying the guy isn't a vile shithead, but I have a hard time seeing where he meant to carry out the threat.

I can see how your interpretation of what he said (i.e., hoping that somebody else would do it) has some "legs."

I just have difficulty getting past the coincidence of him also happening to HAVE a 50 cal weapon. I was in law enforcement long enough to believe in coincidence pretty much not at all.

He was pointing out the disparity. Heck they made movies about getting RID of Bush...or did YOU forget that?

You're talking about the Brits. And you should read a summary of that movie. Most of the folks missed the entire point of that movie, kinda like that FAUX OUTRAGE! about how Juno "glorified teenage pregnancy." The move in questions was probably the best defense of Bush as President I've ever seen.

You're talking about the Brits. And you should read a summary of that movie. Most of the folks missed the entire point of that movie, kinda like that FAUX OUTRAGE! about how Juno "glorified teenage pregnancy." The move in questions was probably the best defense of Bush as President I've ever seen.

I did not see the movie.

Packaging.

I did not see the movie.

Packaging.

I can understand why not. I'd read up on it after the controversy. It ended up on BBC or something. I wasn't even looking for it but decided since it was on I'd watch.

The underlying message from what I saw was just what a moderating influence Bush was in his own administration.... something since then it's turned out to be true. I recall prior to that thinking he was an empty suit, or at best a moron out of his league. After that film I started looking at him a bit differently.

Still not a Bush fan by any stretch, but I can say I'm a lot more sympathetic to him now that stuff has since come out.

Killing DA BOOOOOSH = Good. Killing the Hopey Changey One = Bad. That pretty much sums up most Left/Progressive turds. I don't see how anyone can trust them on this one.

Killing DA BOOOOOSH = Good. Killing the Hopey Changey One = Bad. That pretty much sums up most Left/Progressive turds. I don't see how anyone can trust them on this one.

So, now everyone knows you agree with this guy:

Vikram Buddhi
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Vikram Buddhi

Charge(s) threatening the life of George W. Bush and Bush's family
Penalty sentenced to 57 months of prison
Status Incarcerated
Occupation Student and Teaching Assistant
Parents Captain Buddhi K Subbarao and Syamala Buddhi

Vikram S. Buddhi (born May 10, 1971) is an Indian Ph.D student and teaching assistant at Purdue University who has been in the custody of the United States authorities since 2006 for writing anti-Bush content, which involved direct death threats via his yahoo account, and publishing them online.

Shame on you libopocnow!
:evil:

I don't see how talking about killing anyone can be legal, aren't death threats against the law?

No.

Talk is cheap.

I'm going to hunt you down, gut you like a fish, skin ya and wear your teeth in a necklace.

Did I threaten you? I do have knives and tranportation [assuming I could find you]. or am I talking trash?

The crime comes if I say that while holding a knife or am standing close enough to throw punches.

Sayin I'd like to shoot the pres is internet tuff guy talk.

I don't see how talking about killing anyone can be legal, aren't death threats against the law?

No.

Talk is cheap.

I'm going to hunt you down, gut you like a fish, skin ya and wear your teeth in a necklace.

Did I threaten you? I do have knives and tranportation [assuming I could find you]. or am I talking trash?

The crime comes if I say that while holding a knife or am standing close enough to throw punches.

Are you sure? I don't think I'd like it too much if some guy was shooting his mouth off on the web about trying to kill me.

Hey jackazz- nobody ever said to kill Boooosh- but being a Foxbot we figure you've been sorely misled and now right off the wall....Is Obama a Muslim Kenyan death panel marxist? Just ask the the stupid question and half the pub dupes believe it...

Vikram Buddhi
Vikram Buddhi

Status Incarcerated

Vikram S. Buddhi (born May 10, 1971) is an Indian Ph.D student and teaching assistant at Purdue University who has been in the custody of the United States authorities since 2006 for writing anti-Bush content, which involved direct death threats via his yahoo account, and publishing them online.

Shame on you libopocnow!

does that mean he's not a citizen?

If so, his rights may be more limited.

Vikram Buddhi
Vikram Buddhi

Status Incarcerated

Shame on you libopoc!

Nice try. You guys wished death on DA BOOOOOSH and his Family 24/7. Obviously you guys will deny this now,but many of us haven't forgotten. You guys have permanent black marks on your souls for that stuff. And that's the truth.

No.

Talk is cheap.

Are you sure? I don't think I'd like it too much if some guy was shooting his mouth off on the web about trying to kill me.

Dr. Drock just linked about a guy in jail for threatening to kill Bush on-line.

But the neo-cons on here tend to ignore that fact.

Forum List

Back