Coming Soon: Republicans Cut Your SS/Medicare!

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Y'all are soooo going to regret the new Congress! At least it will be the last Republican-led one for centuries if this succeeds.

Where's all the teabaggers crying "Don't take my Medicare!"

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) is pushing back hard against a Paul Ryan inspired Republican idea to cut both Social Security and Medicare next year.

In a statement Sen. Sanders (I-VT) responded to House Republicans who are already pushing for cuts in Medicare and Social Security, “At a time when poverty among seniors is increasing, and millions of elderly Americans lack sufficient income to buy the medicine or food they need, it would be a moral outrage for Congress to cut Social Security. In fact, instead of cutting Social Security benefits, we should be expanding them….I will also fight the Republican effort to end Medicare as we know it and convert it into a voucher program.”

Sanders was responding to comments by incoming House Budget Committee Chairman Rep. Tom Price (R-GA) that he will pursue cuts to Social Security and Medicare. Price’s blueprint is the Ryan budget which calls for $129 billion in cuts to Medicare.

Y'all are soooo going to regret the new Congress! At least it will be the last Republican-led one for centuries if this succeeds.

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) is pushing back hard against a Paul Ryan inspired Republican idea to cut both Social Security and Medicare next year.

In a statement Sen. Sanders (I-VT) responded to House Republicans who are already pushing for cuts in Medicare and Social Security, “At a time when poverty among seniors is increasing, and millions of elderly Americans lack sufficient income to buy the medicine or food they need, it would be a moral outrage for Congress to cut Social Security. In fact, instead of cutting Social Security benefits, we should be expanding them….I will also fight the Republican effort to end Medicare as we know it and convert it into a voucher program.”

Sanders was responding to comments by incoming House Budget Committee Chairman Rep. Tom Price (R-GA) that he will pursue cuts to Social Security and Medicare. Price’s blueprint is the Ryan budget which calls for $129 billion in cuts to Medicare.

In a statement Sen. Sanders (I-VT) responded to House Republicans who are already pushing for cuts in Medicare and Social Security,

Outrageous! Just because they're tens of trillions out of balance, we must never reform them.

“At a time when poverty among seniors is increasing, and millions of elderly Americans lack sufficient income to buy the medicine or food they need, it would be a moral outrage for Congress to cut Social Security.

Our elderly, as a group, are wealthier than any other cohort in this country.
So obviously, we must tax more heavily, younger poorer Americans, to shovel more at our richer older folks.

I'm sure the homosexuals are just as whiney about their Medicare as they are about everything else.
Many are drama queens, after all.

In a statement Sen. Sanders (I-VT) responded to House Republicans who are already pushing for cuts in Medicare and Social Security,

Outrageous! Just because they're tens of trillions out of balance, we must never reform them.

“At a time when poverty among seniors is increasing, and millions of elderly Americans lack sufficient income to buy the medicine or food they need, it would be a moral outrage for Congress to cut Social Security.

So obviously, we must tax more heavily, younger poorer Americans, to shovel more at our richer older folks.

I'm sure the homosexuals are just as whiney about their Medicare as they are about everything else.

Good lord. You're a millenial teabagger libertarian?

Do you have all your body parts?

Medicare and SS are already paid for by the recipients.

One, cut the DOD by 10 % year for five years.

Two, raise the cap on taxable SS income to 1 million.

Three, freeze all other spending.

Problem solved.

Good lord. You're a millenial teabagger libertarian?

Do you have all your body parts?

I'll leave the teabagging on this thread to you.

Problem solved.

The proof of your claim is their long-term shortfall in the tens of trillions.

Or we could cut social spending to the level it was under Bush.
Obama fixed the economy 5 years ago, why is welfare/food stamp spending still higher than 2008, by huge amounts?

If you multiply the tax collected from the rich, you have to multiply their benefits.

Freeze it? Why not reduce it?

Last edited:
My wife just looked at the Toddster's rampage, smiled, and said, "He is emoting, not thinking." So right.

But let's do it my way and add a 1% annual reduction in other spending and a 25% surcharge tax on adjusted incomes of 5 million a year.

My wife just looked at the Toddster's rampage, smiled, and said, "He is emoting, not thinking." So right.

But let's do it my way and add a 1% annual reduction in other spending and a 25% surcharge tax on adjusted incomes of 5 million a year.

Isn't that sweet, when 2 confused people find love?

:lol: Sorry you lost out in love, but she is brilliant and you are a simple whiner.

Sux to be you.

:lol: Sorry you lost out in love, but she is brilliant and you are a simple whiner.

Sux to be you.

Based on her comment, she's your intellectual equal in every way.:lol:

"I will also fight the Republican effort to end Medicare as we know it and convert it into a voucher program.”

And he'll be successful because this is not what the American people want.

Forum List

Back