Comical!

Mine were Holly and Ivy. They were only a few days old and the first day I got them, I had them in one of the stalls in the barn and Ivy jumped on some hay bales and launched herself between the barn wall and the stall wall. My neighbor had to come and tear down part of the stall to get her out.

Mine were Holly and Ivy. They were only a few days old and the first day I got them, I had them in one of the stalls in the barn and Ivy jumped on some hay bales and launched herself between the barn wall and the stall wall. My neighbor had to come and tear down part of the stall to get her out.
Holly & Ivy what complementary names for such wonderful creatures! I spend a fair amount of time on the web checking out goats & deer reminiscing about what I once had & no longer have(really smarts inside). I have a couple fawn rescue vids(something like Ivy's predicament) in my goat & deer file that I will share with you.

Momma takes a few seconds near the end of the vid to admire her baby's rescuers!

PANICED momma gets aggressive with rescuers! I never heard the screeching bark this momma makes from our Black-Tailed deer herd we had down in Redland Oregon. Notice the dark brown 'ridgeback' on these deer, something like the Japanese NARA deer!

BONUS;

Precious! I used to grab Pandy #1 & #2's tails & lift their quarters up until their rear hooves cleared the deck. When I let go of their tails they would run forwards about ten feet or so then face me while standing erect of their rear hooves. Both would walk towards me(I called it the stalk of death!) then drop down on all fours & charge me head down. I'd garb their horns, lean over & tell them "Ohh you're such a tough lil doesie!" Both Pandy #1 & #2 would get this silly looking mischievous SMILE upon their face(s). These were the ONLY animals I ever owned that had the capability to smile(I have no explanation for this) but both Pandora's came out of the same momma & seeded by the same buck, but well over two years apart from one another. I see other folks play with their goats somewhat like I did!

A PIEBALD fawn!!!

I knew there were piebald horses & piebald goats but in all my life I have NEVER heard of a piebald fawn/deer. So I typed in piebald deer & sure enough there are some but apparently VERY rare. I like the pink schnoszzola like trying to muscle out Rudolph!

The conformation of the buck in the image above shows it to be of White-Tailed heritage.

The absolute love of my life regarding four legged creatures! Below is what we found came with the acreage that my oldest sis & her husband purchased back in '66. In short order I found something that gave me enjoyment @ a time in my life that I needed a game changer for the well being of my psych.

I mean to tell you just before the little guy folded his legs & then laid flat on the deck I felt like I had just swallowed an apple whole as I stared into that sculptured perfect lil face & eyes of his. If I can get a new shop up I'll then drop employment & anchor another Neuman(#2) & another Pandy(#3) as kids & bottle feed them just like I did with the original Neuman & the two Pandy's. I can never anchor another Black-Tailed deer herd(200 miles away), @ least in this current existence, but I do have White-Tailed deer on my current acreage & like the old saying goes; "Any deer is better than no deer."

They all look like Neuman!!!

Crystal(she does it right!) & her world class Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats.

My Neuman & both of my Pandora's were just run of the mill non graded/non papered back woods Idaho ranch/farm goats for meat but my Pandy duo were 100% pure Nigerian Dwarf goats & Neuman also 100% of the Savanna breed.

Like I have said so many times before; "To know them is to love them!"

Holly & Ivy what complementary names for such wonderful creatures! I spend a fair amount of time on the web checking out goats & deer reminiscing about what I once had & no longer have(really smarts inside). I have a couple fawn rescue vids(something like Ivy's predicament) in my goat & deer file that I will share with you.

Momma takes a few seconds near the end of the vid to admire her baby's rescuers!

PANICED momma gets aggressive with rescuers! I never heard the screeching bark this momma makes from our Black-Tailed deer herd we had down in Redland Oregon. Notice the dark brown 'ridgeback' on these deer, something like the Japanese NARA deer!

BONUS;

Precious! I used to grab Pandy #1 & #2's tails & lift their quarters up until their rear hooves cleared the deck. When I let go of their tails they would run forwards about ten feet or so then face me while standing erect of their rear hooves. Both would walk towards me(I called it the stalk of death!) then drop down on all fours & charge me head down. I'd garb their horns, lean over & tell them "Ohh you're such a tough lil doesie!" Both Pandy #1 & #2 would get this silly looking mischievous SMILE upon their face(s). These were the ONLY animals I ever owned that had the capability to smile(I have no explanation for this) but both Pandora's came out of the same momma & seeded by the same buck, but well over two years apart from one another. I see other folks play with their goats somewhat like I did!

A PIEBALD fawn!!!

I knew there were piebald horses & piebald goats but in all my life I have NEVER heard of a piebald fawn/deer. So I typed in piebald deer & sure enough there are some but apparently VERY rare. I like the pink schnoszzola like trying to muscle out Rudolph!

The conformation of the buck in the image above shows it to be of White-Tailed heritage.

The absolute love of my life regarding four legged creatures! Below is what we found came with the acreage that my oldest sis & her husband purchased back in '66. In short order I found something that gave me enjoyment @ a time in my life that I needed a game changer for the well being of my psych.

I mean to tell you just before the little guy folded his legs & then laid flat on the deck I felt like I had just swallowed an apple whole as I stared into that sculptured perfect lil face & eyes of his. If I can get a new shop up I'll then drop employment & anchor another Neuman(#2) & another Pandy(#3) as kids & bottle feed them just like I did with the original Neuman & the two Pandy's. I can never anchor another Black-Tailed deer herd(200 miles away), @ least in this current existence, but I do have White-Tailed deer on my current acreage & like the old saying goes; "Any deer is better than no deer."

They all look like Neuman!!!

Crystal(she does it right!) & her world class Nigerian Dwarf dairy goats.ated

My Neuman & both of my Pandora's were just run of the mill non graded/non papered back woods Idaho ranch/farm goats for meat but my Pandy duo were 100% pure Nigerian Dwarf goats & Neuman also 100% of the Savanna breed.

Like I have said so many times before; "To know them is to love them!"

The Wife has become infatuated with baby goats as of late.
I of course asked Her what would you do with the goats once they reached adulthood?
Of course my answer was to eat em or sell em. As you can imagine She wasnt all that big on my solution.

The Wife has become infatuated with baby goats as of late.
I of course asked Her what would you do with the goats once they reached adulthood?
Of course my answer was to eat em or sell em. As you can imagine She wasnt all that big on my solution.

Let her know that she will be getting a little more infatuated when I can finally get her some images of my precious lil Neuman, Pandora #1 & Pandora #2(bless their lil souls!). I am virtually ignorant regarding computers so the cloud app(s?) have my images alright but I cannot figure out how to get them onto my email. I have images of baby Neuman & Pandy#1 where me & my niece are bottle feeding them formula out on the veranda down in Harpster Idaho. After I pulled out as ranch manager I got a couple really good ones of a more adult size Pandy #1 & Neuman back @ my acreage in Washington. The below image is a spitting image of my Neuman save this Savanna is a doe with darker horns. Neuman also had a pink nose & lighter colored lips.

https://www.breedslist.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Savanna-Goat-Image.jpg

To know em is to luv em!

Let her know that she will be getting a little more infatuated when I can finally get her some images of my precious lil Neuman, Pandora #1 & Pandora #2(bless their lil souls!). I am virtually ignorant regarding computers so the cloud app(s?) have my images alright but I cannot figure out how to get them onto my email. I have images of baby Neuman & Pandy#1 where me & my niece are bottle feeding them formula out on the veranda down in Harpster Idaho. After I pulled out as ranch manager I got a couple really good ones of a more adult size Pandy #1 & Neuman back @ my acreage in Washington. The below image is a spitting image of my Neuman save this Savanna is a doe with darker horns. Neuman also had a pink nose & lighter colored lips.

https://www.breedslist.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Savanna-Goat-Image.jpg

To know em is to luv em!

The problem with baby goats like a lot of animal they grow up to be adult animals.

Attachments

• DSCF3092 (1).JPG
    DSCF3092 (1).JPG
    277.1 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCF3090 (2).JPG
    DSCF3090 (2).JPG
    272.9 KB · Views: 11
  • DSCF3028.JPG
    DSCF3028.JPG
    306 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_2540 (1).JPG
    IMG_2540 (1).JPG
    158 KB · Views: 12
  • barn.JPG
    barn.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 12
Sorry but my commentary about the above images failed to load! I'll see if I can find it.

Forum List

Back