Comcast fires 10 year employee for being in Proud Boys

I think the NAACP is a hate group and so is the democrat party since both hate white people and support affirmative action - denying jobs to whites just for being white. Can i fire employees for being in those groups?

nov 14 2018 Comcast on Wednesday fired Andrew Kovalic, a 10-year employee who earlier this week became the target of a viral petition alleging that he is a member of a hate group.

The petition that called for Kovalic’s termination, which had garnered 373 signatures by Wednesday morning, was created and sponsored by the Philadelphia-based nonprofit Media Mobilizing Project, which often scrutinizes media and telecommunications companies like Comcast.

The now-former Comcast employee, the petition alleges, is a member of the Harrisburg Proud Boys chapter. The petition also alleges that Kovalic will work as a member of security at Saturday’s rally — which, the petition argues, is sufficient grounds for firing him.

In a statement to Philadelphia magazine, Comcast said, “There’s no place for disrespectful, offensive behavior in our culture. The individual is no longer employed by Comcast.”

When asked how Comcast made its determination to fire Kovalic and what specific behavior led to the company’s decision, a spokesperson said they could not comment on the situation beyond the statement.
Good. Hopefully somebody beats his ass, too.
Antifa are easily defeated...

Antifa has already won. The alt-right is dead and buried.

There has never been an alt-right.

There was for a few years. The leaders are all disgraced now. Proud boys are a weak, directionless remnant.

I think the NAACP is a hate group and so is the democrat party since both hate white people and support affirmative action - denying jobs to whites just for being white. Can i fire employees for being in those groups?
Proud Boys dont get their asses beat.
Proud Boys are the ones doing the ass beating.
Tell yourself whatever you want, you lost.
When you fight against fascists, you never loose.
That’s why antifa won then, I guess
ANTIFA has won nothing.
Hate groups never win.

nov 14 2018 Comcast on Wednesday fired Andrew Kovalic, a 10-year employee who earlier this week became the target of a viral petition alleging that he is a member of a hate group.

The petition that called for Kovalic’s termination, which had garnered 373 signatures by Wednesday morning, was created and sponsored by the Philadelphia-based nonprofit Media Mobilizing Project, which often scrutinizes media and telecommunications companies like Comcast.

The now-former Comcast employee, the petition alleges, is a member of the Harrisburg Proud Boys chapter. The petition also alleges that Kovalic will work as a member of security at Saturday’s rally — which, the petition argues, is sufficient grounds for firing him.

In a statement to Philadelphia magazine, Comcast said, “There’s no place for disrespectful, offensive behavior in our culture. The individual is no longer employed by Comcast.”

When asked how Comcast made its determination to fire Kovalic and what specific behavior led to the company’s decision, a spokesperson said they could not comment on the situation beyond the statement.
Oooh, let's see you do it, tough guy.

Calm down, snowflake :itsok:

Last edited:
I was going to ask if the scumbags at Comcast had ever fired someone for being in the hate group Antifa, but then remembered Antifa members are all "anarchists" which means unemployable parasites.

Calm down, snowflake : itsok:
I get it. You're the guy cheering on the fight unless it means you might yourself bleed and have you face beaten in.

I was going to ask if the scumbags at Comcast had ever fired someone for being in the hate group Antifa, but then remembered Antifa members are all "anarchists" which means unemployable parasites.
Lol and here the OP has been arguing the total opposite. You people are too dumb.

I get it. You're the guy cheering on the fight unless it means you might yourself bleed and have you face beaten in.
How many times did you vote to send more soldiers to die for absolutely nothing in Iraq?

Yep, if a company has a moral clause as part of their hiring package, they most certainly can fire someone for being part of a racist group.
This thread has nothing to do with a racist group.
Itś about a Proud Boy getting fired for being a member of a anti hate group.

Lol and here the OP has been arguing the total opposite. You people are too dumb.
Total opposite of what? Or are you too dumb to say? Or cowardly? Or both?
It's certain you have no point at all.

How many times did you vote to send more soldiers to die for absolutely nothing in Iraq?
Is this how you defend a chickenshit call to beat someone's ass as long as someone else does it?
Because, you know...in all likelihood one of the Proud Boys would gut you like a fish.
Your feeble deflection is noted.

Yep, if a company has a moral clause as part of their hiring package, they most certainly can fire someone for being part of a racist group.

Wrong, and as I said, if they have a moral clause in their hiring package, then they can fire anyone who is projecting an image that can negatively affect the reputation of the company. Plus many states have a law that someone can be fired "without cause."

There was for a few years. The leaders are all disgraced now. Proud boys are a weak, directionless remnant.

Thats not what the right wing retards that made up the term say.

"Most" companies? Do you have a link or other evidence?
If I did then those companies would be out of business from being sued.

You are full of shit, thanks for admitting it.
I only admitted you were full of shit. Youre welcome.

You made a stupid statement that you can't back up, I don't what you have to tell yourself to keep your ego from hurting, nor do I care. If you can't back up your talk you can't back up your talk, simple as that.
I made a true statement. You arent anyone I need to back it up to. It stands as truth on its on.
You know I would imagine most companies hire mostly white because that is the demographic that they have to choose from in applicants.
I've put out dozens of help wanted ads over the years and I can't think of a single instance where a black man or woman applied. Add to that your low representation in the population.

I see no merit in your blanket accusation

If I did then those companies would be out of business from being sued.

You are full of shit, thanks for admitting it.
I only admitted you were full of shit. Youre welcome.

You made a stupid statement that you can't back up, I don't what you have to tell yourself to keep your ego from hurting, nor do I care. If you can't back up your talk you can't back up your talk, simple as that.
I made a true statement. You arent anyone I need to back it up to. It stands as truth on its on.
You know I would imagine most companies hire mostly white because that is the demographic that they have to choose from in applicants.
I've put out dozens of help wanted ads over the years and I can't think of a single instance where a black man or woman applied. Add to that your low representation in the population.

I see no merit in your blanket accusation
I didnt make the statement for you to see merit. I was just restating a fact that countless studies have found to be true. From Black applicants not getting even a call back due to their names to Black women being discriminated against for wearing their hair naturally to Black college educated people being in competition with white high school grads instead of college educated ones.

You can fire anyone you like IF it’s your company and said employee is a member of a hate group.
Proud Boys are not a hate group.
Wikipedia says you are and I don’t even like Wikipedia.

Wrong, and as I said, if they have a moral clause in their hiring package, then they can fire anyone who is projecting an image that can negatively affect the reputation of the company. Plus many states have a law that someone can be fired "without cause."
If anything I think it is Comcast itself that ruins it's own image by firing someone for the "crime" of belonging to an organization that opposes the communists and anarchists in Antifa that are known for their violent and often illegal
tactics. They, Antifa, are thugs, cowardly little rodents and provocateurs of the worst sort.

The Proud Boys are the antidote to the lawless criminal punks in Antifa. I wish I had Comcast just so I could cancel
their dubious services.

Forum List

Back