Comcast fires 10 year employee for being in Proud Boys

Proud Boy

Nov 18, 2018
I think the NAACP is a hate group and so is the democrat party since both hate white people and support affirmative action - denying jobs to whites just for being white. Can i fire employees for being in those groups?

nov 14 2018 Comcast on Wednesday fired Andrew Kovalic, a 10-year employee who earlier this week became the target of a viral petition alleging that he is a member of a hate group.

The petition that called for Kovalic’s termination, which had garnered 373 signatures by Wednesday morning, was created and sponsored by the Philadelphia-based nonprofit Media Mobilizing Project, which often scrutinizes media and telecommunications companies like Comcast.

The now-former Comcast employee, the petition alleges, is a member of the Harrisburg Proud Boys chapter. The petition also alleges that Kovalic will work as a member of security at Saturday’s rally — which, the petition argues, is sufficient grounds for firing him.

In a statement to Philadelphia magazine, Comcast said, “There’s no place for disrespectful, offensive behavior in our culture. The individual is no longer employed by Comcast.”

When asked how Comcast made its determination to fire Kovalic and what specific behavior led to the company’s decision, a spokesperson said they could not comment on the situation beyond the statement.

They are setting up precedent for firing employees who are members of the NRA.

And then the shit will hit the fan.

I think the NAACP is a hate group and so is the democrat party since both hate white people and support affirmative action - denying jobs to whites just for being white. Can i fire employees for being in those groups?

nov 14 2018 Comcast on Wednesday fired Andrew Kovalic, a 10-year employee who earlier this week became the target of a viral petition alleging that he is a member of a hate group.

The petition that called for Kovalic’s termination, which had garnered 373 signatures by Wednesday morning, was created and sponsored by the Philadelphia-based nonprofit Media Mobilizing Project, which often scrutinizes media and telecommunications companies like Comcast.

The now-former Comcast employee, the petition alleges, is a member of the Harrisburg Proud Boys chapter. The petition also alleges that Kovalic will work as a member of security at Saturday’s rally — which, the petition argues, is sufficient grounds for firing him.

In a statement to Philadelphia magazine, Comcast said, “There’s no place for disrespectful, offensive behavior in our culture. The individual is no longer employed by Comcast.”

When asked how Comcast made its determination to fire Kovalic and what specific behavior led to the company’s decision, a spokesperson said they could not comment on the situation beyond the statement.
Good. Hopefully somebody beats his ass, too.

That is Comcasts right in a FREE society. You should be allowed to hire & fire whomever you want whenever you want for any reason you want.

His membership in Proud Boys was never proved. It was established by an online petition with 432 signatures.

so what's up with these "proud boys" anyway?

what are they so proud of...........??

From what I understand this groups makes members swear an oath to accept firing. Its an expected hazard since these big corporations are all run by liberals and democrats.

interestink :eusa_think:

Proud Boys is a far-right organization that admits only men as members and promotes political violence. It has a presence in the United States, Canada, Australia, and the United Kingdom. It was started in 2016 by Vice Media co-founder and former commentator Gavin McInnes. Wikipedia

His membership in Proud Boys was never proved. It was established by an online petition with 432 signatures.
Irrelevant really. Do we support freedom or don't we? No one is entitled to a job at the place of their choice.

Could comcast hire only whites if they chose? And only men?
They should be free to hire whoever they want. The public is capable of sorting out injustices without government mandates

From what I understand this groups makes members swear an oath to accept firing. Its an expected hazard since these big corporations are all run by liberals and democrats.

REALLY!? so why are they so upset about donny's big tax cuts, doyathink? :eusa_think:

Proud Boys dont get their asses beat.
Proud Boys are the ones doing the ass beating.

But if he was teaching a ten year old how to suck cock he would be king of the left.

36088242_602588470106333_130618700024774656_n.jpg

Tell yourself whatever you want, you lost.

Who's ass have YOU beat and for what reason?

Their disavowals of bigotry are belied by their actions: rank-and-file Proud Boys and leaders regularly spout white nationalist memes and maintain affiliations with known extremists. They are known for anti-Muslim and misogynistic rhetoric. Proud Boys have appeared alongside other hate groups at extremist gatherings...

Proud Boys

Forum List

Back