Colleges vs Universities

Rodimus

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2021
If you can afford it, I would recommend going to a private college with small class sizes than a public university with large class sizes.

If you can afford it, I would recommend going to a private college with small class sizes than a public university with large class sizes.

I agree, with one caveat. Some universities are involved in cutting edge research in certain fields. Those provide opportunities that a small college cannot.

I recommend going to a small college for the first 2 years, and then transferring to a bigger school.

I agree, with one caveat. Some universities are involved in cutting edge research in certain fields. Those provide opportunities that a small college cannot.

I recommend going to a small college for the first 2 years, and then transferring to a bigger school.
I went to all private schools from elementary/junior high, high school, and college. the one-on-one attention with your teacher is very valuable. private school education is so much better than public school education.

I went to all private schools from elementary/junior high, high school, and college. the one-on-one attention with your teacher is very valuable. private school education is so much better than public school education.

Not according to everyone, and especially the Education Department, There is no appreciable difference in the two.

I took classes at both. My advice would be the exact opposite of yours. The large classroom thing really only ever applied to some of those dreaded freshmen mandatories and pre-req's. IIRC, I only had 3 of those big auditorium sized 100+ student classes and they all began with "Introduction To....." It is easier to make friends at small private colleges, but that is about the only thing they have going for them.

Both suck because they indoctrinate and breed more idiots who hate their own country , freedom, and rights.
Tearing down statues yeah that really fixes issues that’s how pathetic the left is.

When you don’t know what they are brainwashing the degenerates with.

47DF00FB-CDF2-4A4D-9BE7-81549F108A44.jpeg

Both suck because they indoctrinate and breed more idiots who hate their own country , freedom, and rights.
Tearing down statues yeah that really fixes issues that’s how pathetic the left is.

Have you ever attended either a college or a university? Your post is nonsense. Are there extreme liberals on college campuses? Sure. Is that all there is? Absolutely not.

And I think the majority of those extreme liberals are just kids who are finally allowed to think for themselves and think they have the answers. A year out of college, paying taxes, will change that tune.

I guess we can, at least, be grateful not everyone has your warped view of colleges and universities. Glad there are classes every year. We need them.

I found that class size at major universities is proportionate to the year. First year and general ed classes are the largest. Classes in the major are substantially smaller. Classes in the major at final year level are small indeed.
Grad school classes tend to be another tier smaller.

This did not apply to law school.

My youngest daughter graduated from college in 2016. Her school was about as conservative as you get, as even Michelle Obama came and gave praise to their wonderful support of veterans. Now there is a teaching college, but they are small compared to the other disciplines taught there. She received a degree in biology while attending the Army ROTC program.

My son attended a college in Washington state with a computer engineering program. No indoctrination there.

My oldest daughter is back in college right now getting her paramedic training. No indoctrination there.

When did you attend college? I have a Master' degree in education back in 2003 and my undergraduate degree in history back in the Dark Ages of 1984. Obviously that was long before your so-called indoctrination ever occurred.

Have you ever attended either a college or a university? Your post is nonsense. Are there extreme liberals on college campuses? Sure. Is that all there is? Absolutely not.

And I think the majority of those extreme liberals are just kids who are finally allowed to think for themselves and think they have the answers. A year out of college, paying taxes, will change that tune.

I guess we can, at least, be grateful not everyone has your warped view of colleges and universities. Glad there are classes every year. We need them.

YES I HAVE attended you don’t see it just like the rest of the left don’t see it. This control is so huge you have to give your information intake a chance to know reality from bs lies they taught.
Your given the tools to see it , problem is ppl who have doubt such as you stay on that one track never seeking what their minds keep telling htem isn’t right but you do it anyway.

We can bet you’ve gone or have been Godless too.,

Go read what I posted above you’ll see your STAR NAZI’s , your communist come straight from the gawd dam educaiton system.

you don’t take the time to read ir see it. I provided it millions of others provided and guess what they are on the awkening path.

Sorry you missed hte train leftist want your 4 yr olds to give blow jobs and you missed that train that’s just a conspiracy in your one sided brain.

Open your head you will see what the rest of us do.
OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY
CCAC
and i’ve been to school for Paralegal. ———-I was on to the LIBERAL hate your nation brain game.

Its all free TRY it you might learn something or actually believe it.

“The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America — A Chronological Paper Trail”, will change forever the way you look at your child’s education. Written by whistleblower Charlotte T. Iserbyt, it is the result of what she discovered while working in the US Department of Education and her subsequent research on the subject. First published in 1999, the original edition of the book contains 743 pages replete with documentation of the policies, conversations and events that led up to the way our educational system is run today.

TRY GETTING OFF THE BILL AYRES TEACHING SYSTEM , maybe the title wont’ include you.

09491D6E-9DD5-4B9E-86E5-37160D8C651F.jpeg

HAVE YOU HAVE NO CLUE YOUR TAXES BUY ILLEGALS TRACKING CELL PHONES EITHER.

Which shows how much your colleges teach you your clueless to an invasion going on right now lol

Attachments

• 1A96757C-6638-4874-A4A8-D09E94EA9FA4.jpeg
    1A96757C-6638-4874-A4A8-D09E94EA9FA4.jpeg
    415.1 KB · Views: 18
YES I HAVE attended you don’t see it just like the rest of the left don’t see it. This control is so huge you have to give your information intake a chance to know reality from bs lies they taught.
Your given the tools to see it , problem is ppl who have doubt such as you stay on that one track never seeking what their minds keep telling htem isn’t right but you do it anyway.

We can bet you’ve gone or have been Godless too.,

Go read what I posted above you’ll see your STAR NAZI’s , your communist come straight from the gawd dam educaiton system.

you don’t take the time to read ir see it. I provided it millions of others provided and guess what they are on the awkening path.

Sorry you missed hte train leftist want your 4 yr olds to give blow jobs and you missed that train that’s just a conspiracy in your one sided brain.

Open your head you will see what the rest of us do.
OLD DOMINION UNIVERSITY
CCAC
and i’ve been to school for Paralegal. ———-I was on to the LIBERAL hate your nation brain game.

First of all, I am not a leftist.

Second of all, the control you talk about is minor, at best. I lived off campus. The only control exerted by the university was class schedules and costs. Nothing political whatsoever.

Third of all, the school my children attended never talked about blowjobs. They didn't even have Sex Ed until 6th or 7th grade. And I received a copy of the entire curriculum before the classes started. I had the option of withholding my children from the classes.

I spent my time at the university studying my ass off. I was not involved in any political nonsense, and neither were most of my classmates. I graduated Cum Laude and was well prepared for my field.

One more note about universities & colleges. I am grateful for many of the people who attended universities and gained their knowledge and skills there. The idea that all are indoctrinated is laughable. But I am so glad many went anyway.

One more note about universities & colleges. I am grateful for many of the people who attended universities and gained their knowledge and skills there. The idea that all are indoctrinated is laughable. But I am so glad many went anyway.
i still think a college education is important. if you can afford it, i say go to college. you learn valuable skills, such as doing research, in college. Thank you WinterBorn for your input.

i still think a college education is important. if you can afford it, i say go to college. you learn valuable skills, such as doing research, in college. Thank you WinterBorn for your input.

I have been in a position to hire people in two different industries. The reason college graduates are usually better hires is not necessarily because of the things they know, but because they usually have the self-discipline to complete tasks and will stick with things longer.

I am a big advocate of trade schools too. Not everyone is a good fit for college. But some sort of post-secondary education is a huge boost for life.

Forum List

Back