College Should Be Free! (For Americans)

There are other countrues where college is free. France for one. I suppose they think that having highly educated people is good for their society in general. I might have even stayed in school if I thought there was a snowball's chance in hell of my ever being able to afford college.

If you can convince all the leftist professors and administrators to work for free, I'm all for it.

If you mean you want others to pay for you to go to school, fuck off.

Just make college affordable, as it once was. My tuition at a large state university for a full load of classes senior year was $593. I wrote the check and thought nothing of it....in 1982. That same college now would cost about $15k...not many college kids can write that check.

Who is to blame for the huge increase in college tuition?

I have a friend who is a Math professor at the UC Riverside.

He has 3 Corvettes, including a '64 split window Stingray worth a cool million.

College shouldn't be free. It mostly benefits middle and upper classes. And it's benefits accrue to those who complete it. The government shouldn't be subsidizing those who can afford it the most.

But education has to change. It's model is archaic and is pretty much the same as it was 100 years ago.

Eventually, technology will render the model obsolete.

Welcome to the new age;

Khan Academy

Please explain how you plan on paying for free college.

please tell me how you plan to keep costs under control.

Please explain why we should listing to a lazy, whinny college drop out?

I will respond to your last statement first. I'm not a college dropout. I'm a highschool dropout. I dropped out of highschool in my third year with three years of credits to make up for. That is why I can intellectually spank those who debat me.

As for paying for college, money is a farce to begin with. Our country is over 18 trillion dollars in debt and has around 65 trillion dollars worth of unfunded obligations. Just add a few trillion to the 18 trillion. It doesn't matter if our country is 21 trillion dollars in debt or 41 trillion dollars in debt. It's all just numbers on a piece of paper. As for keeping the costs under control, there are many ways. But I have a simple idea. For example, if you want to learn how to dig a ditch, just learn from those who already dig ditches. So if you want to see how to keep costs down in providing free college to students, instead of just free highschool, see how the countries that provide free college to students do so.

Just because it would be free doesn't mean everyone would be able to complete it. It still takes hard work and dedication...

I will respond to your last statement first. I'm not a college dropout. I'm a highschool dropout. I dropped out of highschool in my third year with three years of credits to make up for. That is why I can intellectually spank those who debat me.

As for paying for college, money is a farce to begin with. Our country is over 18 trillion dollars in debt and has around 65 trillion dollars worth of unfunded obligations. Just add a few trillion to the 18 trillion. It doesn't matter if our country is 21 trillion dollars in debt or 41 trillion dollars in debt. It's all just numbers on a piece of paper. As for keeping the costs under control, there are many ways. But I have a simple idea. For example, if you want to learn how to dig a ditch, just learn from those who already dig ditches. So if you want to see how to keep costs down in providing free college to students, instead of just free highschool, see how the countries that provide free college to students do so.

So if you want to see how to keep costs down in providing free college to students, instead of just free highschool, see how the countries that provide free college to students do so.

They only let the good students go to college.
We could do that here, but the liberal whining would increase by orders of magnitude.

There are other countrues where college is free. France for one. I suppose they think that having highly educated people is good for their society in general. I might have even stayed in school if I thought there was a snowball's chance in hell of my ever being able to afford college.

I agree, colleges should stop collecting tuition.

No. The government just should pick up the tab. Just as it does with police or the military.

No. The government just should pick up the tab. Just as it does with police or the military.

No. The government just should pick up the tab.

Why should the government pay for stuff that's free?

Just make college affordable, as it once was. My tuition at a large state university for a full load of classes senior year was $593. I wrote the check and thought nothing of it....in 1982. That same college now would cost about $15k...not many college kids can write that check.

Who is to blame for the huge increase in college tuition?

No. Just make it free.

The government doesn't have to pay for it, that's why you tax the ones that hide their money off shore or the ones on Wall Street who make millions of dollars betting on companies to fail.

The government doesn't have to pay for it, that's why you tax the ones that hide their money off shore or the ones on Wall Street who make millions of dollars betting on companies to fail.

that's why you tax the ones that hide their money off shore

How do you tax hidden money?

or the ones on Wall Street who make millions of dollars betting on companies to fail.

That sounds terrible. Could you explain how you make a bet like that?

Forum List

Back