College Football Playoff Predictions

WinterBorn

Diamond Member
Nov 18, 2011
Atlanta
Bama plays Washington and Ohio State Plays Clemson.

Who wins these games?

I think Bama blows Washington out. USC's defense all but stopped the Huskies, and Bama's D is ferocious.

The OSU/Clemson game is a tougher pick. I would like for OSU to win, but I think Clemson will be ready and will play their best game. And win.

I believe Clemson will win...I see they want to expand to an 8 team playoff in the future. That would be better..Alabama can just fax the rest of the season, since they will roll through the championship..

I believe Clemson will win...I see they want to expand to an 8 team playoff in the future. That would be better..Alabama can just fax the rest of the season, since they will roll through the championship..
Eight teams allows a berth for the five power conferences and three at large

Play Christmas weekend, New Years and mid January

I can't believe that out of all the sports, the only one that doesn't have a real playoff for a championship is NCAA football..

Alabama over Washington, Ohio St. over Clemson.

l agree but using the USC game as a reason for Alabama to win is misleading at best. USC is a different team now than they were in that Alabama game. I also don't think the Alabama/Washington will be a blow out.

The defense is essentially the same, with a bit more experience.

And if USC's defense can hold the Huskies, the Alabama defense will destroy them. The Huskies have not faced a defense even close to what Bama will throw at them.

l agree but using the USC game as a reason for Alabama to win is misleading at best. USC is a different team now than they were in that Alabama game. I also don't think the Alabama/Washington will be a blow out.

And if USC's defense can hold the Huskies, the Alabama defense will destroy them. The Huskies have not faced a defense even close to what Bama will throw at them.

Opinion not necessarily fact......Dallas has been rated the top team in the NFL for about 10 weeks and look at what the Giants did to them, twice . So don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

Opinion not necessarily fact......Dallas has been rated the top team in the NFL for about 10 weeks and look at what the Giants did to them, twice . So don't count your chickens before they are hatched.

Now who is comparing pros and college?

I wasn't using the USC game at all. I don't think I have seen a better defense in college football than Alabama and they are best I think I have seen in a few years. Also I think Alabama is better overall than Alabama of last year. The PAC-12, who I am a fan of is the weakest I have seen in a few years.

I think you respect any one loss team and Alabama could overlook Washington, but the better team from what I have seen is Bama.

I wasn't using the USC game at all. I don't think I have seen a better defense in college football than Alabama and they are best I think I have seen in a few years. Also I think Alabama is better overall than Alabama of last year. The PAC-12, who I am a fan of is the weakest I have seen in a few years.

I think you respect any one loss team and Alabama could overlook Washington, but the better team from what I have seen is Bama.

I have always maintained that any team can be beaten. Plenty of times a team beats itself, or overlooks an opponent or whatever.

I think the overlooking doesn't happen much in playoff or championship games. The other team got there. That makes them a serious threat. There are times when players look ahead to the next game. That won't happen to Bama or to Washington. When we play we won't know who our next opponent will be.

I agree that Bama's defense is as good as I have seen in a long time. I've been a fan since i was a kid in the 1960s. This defense is tough. This one might be as good as the '92 and '61 defenses.

Who wins these games?

I think Bama blows Washington out. USC's defense all but stopped the Huskies, and Bama's D is ferocious.

The OSU/Clemson game is a tougher pick. I would like for OSU to win, but I think Clemson will be ready and will play their best game. And win.

I'm with you on Bama over Washington, but OSU beats Clemson in a close game.

Then Bama beats OSU in what will be an extremely close game.

Who wins these games?

I'm with you on Bama over Washington, but OSU beats Clemson in a close game.

Then Bama beats OSU in what will be an extremely close game.

I can see OSU beating Clemson. Depends on which Clemson shows up. The Clemson that played NC State will lose. The one that beat Louisville might be tougher.

Forum List

Back