College Drops SAT / ACT Requirement to Increase Diversity Of Students

I have always thought they should drop the SAT/ACT. Just go with GPA, etc.

Why?

$50-$67 registration fee can be a challenge for some students; taking the test on a Saturday can be an issue for students who have jobs. I guess I like the idea of tearing down barriers for poor people to at least have an opportunity to try to see if they can get into college. If they are the first in their family, they may have no point of reference as to whether taking the test is even worth that money that could be used for something else like rent or food.

Students with financial hardship can take the tests for free. There are programs at schools with significant populations of such students to assist them with this process.

Why?

$50-$67 registration fee can be a challenge for some students; taking the test on a Saturday can be an issue for students who have jobs. I guess I like the idea of tearing down barriers for poor people to at least have an opportunity to try to see if they can get into college. If they are the first in their family, they may have no point of reference as to whether taking the test is even worth that money that could be used for something else like rent or food.

Students with financial hardship can take the tests for free. There are programs at schools with significant populations of such students to assist them with this process.

And for the kids who go to schools where there is no significant population of such people? The fee waiver system uses the schools as the gatekeeper and the the students cannot obtain them directly. The school is only going to know if they are eligible if the parents cooperate. Not all parents are cooperative. It is one of the reasons our school system opted everybody into free lunch--there were too many drug addled parents who wouldn't even do the paperwork to get their malnourished kids free food.

Why?

And for the kids who go to schools where there is no significant population of such people? The fee waiver system uses the schools as the gatekeeper and the the students cannot obtain them directly. The school is only going to know if they are eligible if the parents cooperate. Not all parents are cooperative. It is one of the reasons our school system opted everybody into free lunch--there were too many drug addled parents who wouldn't even do the paperwork to get their malnourished kids free food.

Are those goalposts getting heavy? You sure are moving them around a lot.

Why?

I haven't moved them around at all. I support doing away with the SAT/ACT's. That has not changed. I was responding to your defense of them because some kids can take them for free. I guess since you don't have a response to how the poor kids who can't take them for free are not going to be able to get through the gate, your defense of the tests fails.

I haven't moved them around at all. ......

Bullcrap. That's exactly what you've been doing. You complained that the test is too expensive and I informed you that students of limited means have a way of taking the test for free. You then began to "yeahbut, yeahbut, yeahbut." Find another reason, because that one has been debunked.

aekl'jtr[.png

Bullcrap. That's exactly what you've been doing. You complained that the test is too expensive and I informed you that students of limited means have a way of taking the test for free. You then began to "yeahbut, yeahbut, yeahbut." Find another reason, because that one has been debunked.

No you yourself said that the programs are at "at schools with significant populations of such students" and you have not refuted a thing I have posted. You just like the tests because it made you feel tingly to get your scores. They are stupid tests and are completely pointless since we have a multitude of standardized testing in schools to reveal if these alleged grade padding things happen.

So if a White Student and a Minority Student have equal scores they will use race as a condition for college admissions.
This is an excellent example of the Left Wing's world view.
All white people are rich oppressors and all minorities are poor and the victims of oppression.
The problem is that it's just not true.
They want to punish innocent High School graduates just for their race.
The Left's whole sense of fairness and morality is backwards.
They will be sued and lose, unless they get a left wing bigot judge.

Civil Rights is a core principle of the Left.
But, Liberals betray their claim that they are the guardians of civil rights when they demand racial discrimination in college admissions.
It undermines their whole credibility.

And the Left pushes for hate speech laws which violate Free Speech, and to ban and confiscate legally owned guns which violate our Second Amendment rights.

No you yourself said that the programs are at "at schools with significant populations of such students" .....

That's where most of such students are found, genius. The random impoverished student in an affluent school district can avail himself of such options as well if he cares to and has a guidance officer to help.

... They are stupid tests and are completely pointless since we have a multitude of standardized testing in schools to reveal if these alleged grade padding things happen.

And here you reveal yourself as merely emoting.

No you yourself said that the programs are at "at schools with significant populations of such students" .....

That's where most of such students are found, genius. The random impoverished student in an affluent school district can avail himself of such options as well if he cares to and has a guidance officer to help.

Two big ifs and it doesn't change that the test is pointless in a day of widespread standardized testing throughout public schools. Sure it will blow for the Asian kids who were prepared for the test from birth to have to compete in a world of admissions where jobs and extra-curricular activities matter more but them are the breaks. Other schools will follow suit.

So if a White Student and a Minority Student have equal scores they will use race as a condition for college admissions.
This is an excellent example of the Left Wing's world view.
All white people are rich oppressors and all minorities are poor and the victims of oppression.
The problem is that it's just not true.
They want to punish innocent High School graduates just for their race.
The Left's whole sense of fairness and morality is backwards.
They will be sued and lose, unless they get a left wing bigot judge.

And if you point this out to them, and/or go further and point out that what they just did was racism,

they give the a look like they don't have a brain in their head, at all.

AngelicReflectingKid-small.gif

Two big ifs and it doesn't change that the test is pointless in a day of widespread standardized testing throughout public schools. Sure it will blow for the Asian kids who were prepared for the test from birth to have to compete in a world of admissions where jobs and extra-curricular activities matter more but them are the breaks. Other schools will follow suit.

The move away from SAT is not in order to move to consider other testing, but to STOP considering such testing.

They want to lower standards so they can more easily reach "Diversity".

Forum List

Back