Harry Potter books removed from St. Edward Catholic School due to 'curses and spells'

Disir

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2011
"These books present magic as both good and evil, which is not true, but in fact a clever deception. The curses and spells used in the books are actual curses and spells; which when read by a human being risk conjuring evil spirits into the presence of the person reading the text," the email states.

Reehil goes on to say in the email that he consulted several exorcists in the U.S. and Rome who recommended removing the books.
Harry Potter books removed from St. Edward Catholic School due to 'curses and spells'

He consulted several exorcists that have advised him that the spells in the book are real.

That's a bit strange.

Again. Harry Potter is evil redux.

"These books present magic as both good and evil, which is not true, but in fact a clever deception. The curses and spells used in the books are actual curses and spells; which when read by a human being risk conjuring evil spirits into the presence of the person reading the text," the email states.

Reehil goes on to say in the email that he consulted several exorcists in the U.S. and Rome who recommended removing the books.

He consulted several exorcists that have advised him that the spells in the book are real.

That's a bit strange.

It is understandable that people that identify as Catholic could have issues with a book that presents witchs in a sympathetic light.

That's a bit strange.

It is understandable that people that identify as Catholic could have issues with a book that presents witchs in a sympathetic light.

But they don't have a problem with priests molesting their kids. Somehow I don't think witches and warlocks are the problem when it comes to the Catholic church.

That's a bit strange.
Did they remove the Bible also a lot of cursing is written in there.

That's a bit strange.

But they don't have a problem with priests molesting their kids. Somehow I don't think witches and warlocks are the problem when it comes to the Catholic church.

NOt sure if the people involved in this had anything to do with that.

Or are you planning to just smear every Catholic with that, judging people based on a group label, rather than their own actions and character?

That's a bit strange.

Or are you planning to just smear every Catholic with that, judging people based on a group label, rather than their own actions and character?

To be honest, I'll probably continue to judge people that continue to sacrifice their children for a pass into heaven.

Sorry, religion is not my favorite topic. I should never comment on articles that have any connection to religion.

That's a bit strange.

To be honest, I'll probably continue to judge people that continue to sacrifice their children for a pass into heaven.

Sorry, religion is not my favorite topic. I should never comment on articles that have any connection to religion.

Your spin and rationalization for your bigotry is noted.

That's a bit strange.
There are no spells that conjure up evil spirits, however what the fuck would harry pothead be doing in a school anyway?

That's a bit strange.

Yeah, it's a flaw but I'm sure God still loves me for sticking up for the children when their parents continue to send them in harm's way.

Yeah, it's a flaw but I'm sure God still loves me for sticking up for the children when their parents continue to send them in harm's way.

He might love you, but he will judge you harshly for the hate in your heart.

God is going to judge me for calling out people for misusing his name to molest little kids? ........I don't think so. I think he's going to applaud me for not getting caught up in the con of organized religion. He's going to thank me for being brave enough to walk my own path and stand my ground against the pressure of the religious flock.

God is going to judge me for calling out people for misusing his name to molest little kids? ........I don't think so. I think he's going to applaud me for not getting caught up in the con of organized religion. He's going to thank me for being brave enough to walk my own path and stand my ground against the pressure of the religious flock.

That you conflate the act of being Catholic, with the molestation of little kids,

and then judge people based on that shit that you just made up in your head?

Is hate.

It isn't really none of my concern what a private school stocks on its library shelves, but I do think Rev. Dan Reehil is being rather silly and dramatic.

The comment section after the article is exactly what you would expect it to be. :lol:

That's a bit strange.

Children should be taught real literature in school, not popular pulp like Harry Potter or romance novellas.

School is the time to teach Hawthorne and Melville, Shakespeare and Tolstoy.

I agree with this priest, but disagree as to the reason. There is no reason to substitute a Harry Potter book for Silas Marner or House of the 7 Gables.

That's a bit strange.

Children should be taught real literature in school, not popular pulp like Harry Potter or romance novellas.

School is the time to teach Hawthorne and Melville, Shakespeare and Tolstoy.

I agree with this priest, but disagree as to the reason. There is no reason to substitute a Harry Potter book for Silas Marner or House of the 7 Gables.

i think the book was just pulled from the library. I dont' think it was being used in a class.

Forum List

Back