Coca cola ad

Luddly Neddite

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2011
The Coke Ad That Could Destroy All Other Products, Especially Coke

What do you think of this ad?

(Note that I'm not at all sure its for real.)

banksy_nugget.jpg

It's not real it's a rant by somebody named Banksy. Coke would never shoot themselves in the head like that, they like their cash to much to be honest about advertising. Banksy does however make a good point about how advertising makes us feel. Actually I don't think he went far enough. Should have included the brainwashing of the MSM like CNN. They use sensational advertising as bait to pull you in and it's usually never about anything good. They direct you on what they want you think is important. This country would be better off if it shut down and tuned out of the BS for a whlie and just listened to that which is going on in their own community by actually talking to the people that live around them, IMHO.

Last edited:
Truth, that what that is – no matter what anyone wants to say about the person who created it.

You owe companies nothing; they are our slaves not the other way around. Good rant if you ask me ;)

The Coke Ad That Could Destroy All Other Products, Especially Coke

What do you think of this ad?

(Note that I'm not at all sure its for real.)

banksy_nugget.jpg

Banksy's rant is right about advertisers but not necessarily correct about your rights as to what you can do to them. I suspect that he used that format because he wants Coke to sue him for copyright infringement. Which would be a win for him and a loss for Coke. At most they would get an injunction against him but he would get a whole lot of free publicity for his rant. Essentially he has placed them in a bind. If they don't sue him then every trademark/copyright becomes fair game for anyone to use and they can quote Banksy as the precedent if they are sued.

Forum List

Back