Cobalt mining in Congo exposed, EV batteries are the new blood diamonds

They are called "economic slaves"
And they are essential to the development of $billionaires and corporations the world over.
China uses economic slavery every single day by the millions. They built whole cities where every single citizen in it, is an economic slave.
And we all love to buy the shit they make.

They are called "economic slaves"
And they are essential to the development of $billionaires and corporations the world over.
China uses economic slavery every single day by the millions. They built whole cities where every single citizen in it, is an economic slave.
And we all love to buy the shit they make.

I read my lables. If it says "Made in China", "Alternatively sourced", or some bullshit like that, I don't buy it.
I might have to spend a bit of time and a few cents more to buy what I'm looking for that made here in the USA or another country, but I do it.

I've noticed that Dollar Tree is swtiching from "Made in China" to sourcing from other countries.

I read my lables. If it says "Made in China", "Alternatively sourced", or some bullshit like that, I don't buy it.
I might have to spend a bit of time and a few cents more to buy what I'm looking for that made here in the USA or another country, but I do it.

I've noticed that Dollar Tree is swtiching from "Made in China" to sourcing from other countries.
I do the same as much as I possibly can.
I research every purchase I make to find a brand that is not made by the CCP and their slaves.
Anyone not doing so, sorry to say, is just as guilty as the Chinese government. Even moreso, because you have a choice to support slavery or not. They don't.

They are not "slaves" in the pure sense of the word since they supposedly get a paid a dollar a day. Maybe that's good money there. :dunno:

It's SO LUDICROUS that people like this think they are the first to discover child labor and labor abuse. ROFLMFFAO!!!!

It's been going on for as long as the industrial revolution kicked into gear back when!!!

There are THOUSANDS of books on this, as well as THOUSANDS of videos, which THOUSANDS of people have travelled the world to witness for themselves and write books and make documentaries.

I find it LUDICROUS that this guy thinks he is the first to discover something thats been going on for HUNDREDS of years.

A dollar a day is better pay than they usually get. To them, this is a job, not slave labor.
The so-called "civilized" countries call it "slave labor" because we're all brainwashed from birth into "needing this", and "must have that", and "spend, spend, spend".
So "civilized" people need "civilized" wages to live in a "civilized" society.

These people live in basic homes, with the basics of life, and only need basic pay to buy the things they require to live.
Unlike the USA, most of these other countries have free government assistance for thier people, so they don't need to make a large wage in order to pay for a doctor or medication.

The term "slave labor" is wrong anyway. If they were slaves, they'd be living in dorms, all wearing the same clothes day after day, literally be chained to their work, and be beaten if they didn't perform adequately.

If he wants to talk about workforce abuse, he needs to focus on AMERICAN businesses abusing their employees and the government allowing them to get away with it!!!

It's SO LUDICROUS that people like this think they are the first to discover child labor and labor abuse. ROFLMFFAO!!!!

It's been going on for as long as the industrial revolution kicked into gear back when!!!

There are THOUSANDS of books on this, as well as THOUSANDS of videos, which THOUSANDS of people have travelled the world to witness for themselves and write books and make documentaries.

I find it LUDICROUS that this guy thinks he is the first to discover something thats been going on for HUNDREDS of years.

A dollar a day is better pay than they usually get. To them, this is a job, not slave labor.
The so-called "civilized" countries call it "slave labor" because we're all brainwashed from birth into "needing this", and "must have that", and "spend, spend, spend".

These people live in basic homes, with the basics of life, and only need basic pay to buy the things they require to live.
Unlike the USA, most of these other countries have free government assistance for thier people, so they don't need to make a large wage in order to pay for a doctor or medication.

The term "slave labor" is wrong anyway. If they were slaves, they'd be living in dorms, all wearing the same clothes day after day, literally be chained to their work, and be beaten if they didn't perform adequately.

If he wants to talk about workforce abuse, he needs to focus on AMERICAN businesses abusing their employees and the government allowing them to get away with it!!!
Holy hell.
Yu could not be more wrong.
There is no "free government programs" helping the poor in nations using slavery.
None. That is an absurd lie.
In the United States there are 3 hospital beds per 1000 people. This does not count how many there can be in a crises, such as Covid, but how many there are normally.
In the Rep of Congo there is less than one. HOWEVER... almost all of those are hospital beds that are not anything like hospitals in the U.S. - not even close.
This counts for a hospital bed in the Congo:

cg8jeffrey-B40336.jpg

That is the kind of healthcare you count as "Government Provided"

Fair points.

Holy hell.
Yu could not be more wrong.
There is no "free government programs" helping the poor in nations using slavery.
None. That is an absurd lie.
In the United States there are 3 hospital beds per 1000 people. This does not count how many there can be in a crises, such as Covid, but how many there are normally.
In the Rep of Congo there is less than one. HOWEVER... almost all of those are hospital beds that are not anything like hospitals in the U.S. - not even close.
This counts for a hospital bed in the Congo:

View attachment 741652

That is the kind of healthcare you count as "Government Provided"
Shit cultures will always produce shit results. Dont go blaming their issues on the rest of the world.

Shit cultures will always produce shit results. Dont go blaming their issues on the rest of the world.
Not blaming at all. Capitalizing on it - hell yes. The CCP would not be able to enslave so many people if the world would even casually see value beyond price.

Not blaming at all. Capitalizing on it - hell yes. The CCP would not be able to enslave so many people if the world would even casually see value beyond price.
Making most of those products here would increase the costs of them. However American workers would earn a better wage. This would affect the size of government also. Perhaps smaller as a product would take more from citizens. Trade deals are good and beneficial in the beginning for nations like us. However, as the years pass, it may be better for the nation producing the goods. China is becoming a juggernaut.

What are you talking about this website was Made in China.

Making most of those products here would increase the costs of them. However American workers would earn a better wage. This would affect the size of government also. Perhaps smaller as a product would take more from citizens. Trade deals are good and beneficial in the beginning for nations like us. However, as the years pass, it may be better for the nation producing the goods. China is becoming a juggernaut.
And that is one of the two primary reasons wages were relatively stagnate for 30 years.
Exactly what Ross Perot said was going to happen 30 years ago.

They are not "slaves" in the pure sense of the word since they supposedly get a paid a dollar a day. Maybe that's good money there. :dunno:

Digging Cobalt by hand? :dunno:

Cobalt isn't just used in EV batteries, it's also used for laptop and smartphone batteries as well. If you guys want to truly be virtuous about cobalt, get rid of your cell phones, laptops and tablets in addition to bitching about EV batteries.

I do the same as much as I possibly can.
I research every purchase I make to find a brand that is not made by the CCP and their slaves.
Anyone not doing so, sorry to say, is just as guilty as the Chinese government. Even moreso, because you have a choice to support slavery or not. They don't.

Anyone not doing so is just as guilty as the Chinese government?

So.......................how do you feel about Trump having his suits and ties, as well as his daughter having her clothing lines made in China? How about the people who buy Trump and his daughters stuff that is made in China?

Anyone not doing so is just as guilty as the Chinese government?

So.......................how do you feel about Trump having his suits and ties, as well as his daughter having her clothing lines made in China? How about the people who buy Trump and his daughters stuff that is made in China?
So yeah... I literally said Chinese labor is how $billionaires became $billionaires.
Trump is no less guilty of it.
Why would you think I would think otherwise?

Forum List

Back