Coal Baron Promises Huge Layoffs, Then Tells Workers To Vote Trump

Coal isn't food...
Coal provides electricity for refrigeration, which makes our modern food infrastructure possible. Without refrigeration, the cost of food would be multiples of what it is today. So, yes, coal is food. It's especially non-spoiled and pathogen free food.

So coal is the only way to power refrigeration?

It powers 40% of our refrigeration. Furthermore, it's a reliable source of power. Refrigeration isn't much good if it shuts down for an entire day. That's what so-called "renewables" do. Relying on wind power means that all your ice-cream and frozen vegetables will turn into puddles every now and then.

Natural gas is plentiful and just as dependable as coal.I guess that's why coal is dying.
It's dying because Obama is killing it. We have enough coal to run this country for 200 years.
Funny thing is where most of the coal, natural gas and oil is, in the northern plains. Nothing to lose by drilling, fracking and mining up here.

Coal provides electricity for refrigeration, which makes our modern food infrastructure possible. Without refrigeration, the cost of food would be multiples of what it is today. So, yes, coal is food. It's especially non-spoiled and pathogen free food.

It powers 40% of our refrigeration. Furthermore, it's a reliable source of power. Refrigeration isn't much good if it shuts down for an entire day. That's what so-called "renewables" do. Relying on wind power means that all your ice-cream and frozen vegetables will turn into puddles every now and then.

Natural gas is plentiful and just as dependable as coal.I guess that's why coal is dying.
Oil, coal and natural gas... It's all good

Not really. Natural gas is a lot cheaper, and a lot cleaner. Coal is far along the same path as the horse and buggy.
Have you ever been in Wyoming? there's hundreds of years of coal there, it's super cheap and easy and safe way to get it - open pit mining…

Not really. Natural gas is a lot cheaper, and a lot cleaner. Coal is far along the same path as the horse and buggy.
Have you ever been in Wyoming? there's hundreds of years of coal there, it's super cheap and easy and safe way to get it - open pit mining…

Not as cheap as gas.

Not as cheap as gas.
It could be if it wasn't for the EPA in their special interest groups

Not as cheap as gas.

I kinda like being able to breathe clean air.

Not as cheap as gas.

I kinda like being able to breathe clean air.
Lol

Problem isn't just their U.S. market for coal companies. Exports took a big hit in 2014-2015, down 23%.

This man bet big and unfortunately for him things didn't roll his way. I feel sorry for the guy, our economy needs these gamblers and they should be appreciated.

main.png

Last edited:
Good idea,a typical big city lib look down on the people that grow their food basically what's needed to survive,cut that off and it wouldn't take long for total pandemonium.
Coal isn't food...

No, but it's cost efficient and abundant, until the panacea of renewables meets those two criteria, coal should be used

It is being used as it dies a slow lingering death. Coal just can't compete with natural gas, and will die even if no renewable sources are utilized.

We would make better use of natural gas by heating our homes with it. Coal isn't good for much other than generating electricity. That's what we should use.

Coal isn't food...

No, but it's cost efficient and abundant, until the panacea of renewables meets those two criteria, coal should be used

It is being used as it dies a slow lingering death. Coal just can't compete with natural gas, and will die even if no renewable sources are utilized.

We would make better use of natural gas by heating our homes with it. Coal isn't good for much other than generating electricity. That's what we should use.

Yet gas can do it all at a competitive price with much less pollution.

We'll use it up twice as fast as we have to if we use it to generate power.

You are getting desperate now.

Except Obama promised to kill the coal industry in 2008. Fact.

Yes, it needs put out of its misery - for the sake of the planet. The coal industry was dying before Obama came into office. Coal is killing itself, with a little help from cheap natural gas and renewables.

I've forgotten more about the coal industry than you'll ever know. All you do is spew crap you find on left loon sites

That's AWFUL! I'm sure you can find books on "coal" at the library or here on the internets to help replace the knowledge you have forgotten. A mind is a terrible thing to waste. I wish you luck.

It's dying because Obama is killing it. We have enough coal to run this country for 200 years.

And we have cheaper and cleaner natural gas to run this country for at least that long.
90% of the coal in the US is used to generate electricity. The bad news for the coal industry is that coal fired power plants are on the decrease. Most new power plants run on natural gas. To make matters worst for the coal industry, the projected need for new power plants in the US is falling due to energy saving measures.

Trump can't save the coal industry and at best only prolong it's demise.

I've forgotten more about the coal industry than you'll ever know. All you do is spew crap you find on left loon sites

Well, Lassie, I'm 69 and was born and raised in heavy coal country. You are hilarious...

Trading in coal, specifically Patriot Coal (PCX) bought our home....you're an idiot.

How many miners died for your home? Do you think of them often...as you enjoy the home they paid for?

Miserable fuck good grief Tonto ,whats freaking wrong with you?
Trump will repeal all of Obama's oppressive EPA regulations the day he gets into office.

I hope you enjoy sucking on that.
dream on bobby
I'll enjoy watching you cry when Trump issues his executive order to repeal all the EPA regulations created by the Obama regime.

Why do you hate clean air and water? Do you live in a garbage dump?
Our air and water were clean before Obama started his war on coal. I hating paying $1000/mo for utilities because of bogus claims about pollution. Only a moron like you doesn't care about the cost of the services he pays for.

His tee pee is probably off the grid
I think he beats his Tom-tom in his wigwam.

And we have cheaper and cleaner natural gas to run this country for at least that long.
90% of the coal in the US is used to generate electricity. The bad news for the coal industry is that coal fired power plants are on the decrease. Most new power plants run on natural gas. To make matters worst for the coal industry, the projected need for new power plants in the US is falling due to energy saving measures.

Your post is a flop.

You are getting desperate now.

Pointing out the stupidity of your theory is "getting desperate?" You guys just repeat one liners because you think they sound good, don't you?

Coal will always be an economical way to generate electric power. There's enough coal to last 200 years. Whether Trump can stop the natural slow decline of the coal industry is one thing. Whether he can prevent the government from deliberately killing it is another. Americans don't benefit when electric rates are increased artificially because perfectly serviceable coal fired power plants have to be retired long before the end of their useful lives. That's just plain stupid, and only imbeciles like you, Lakhota and bulldog would support it.

Coal will always be an economical way to generate electric power. There's enough coal to last 200 years. Whether Trump can stop the natural slow decline of the coal industry is one thing. Whether he can prevent the government from deliberately killing it is another. Americans don't benefit when electric rates are increased artificially because perfectly serviceable coal fired power plants have to be retired long before the end of their useful lives. That's just plain stupid, and only imbeciles like you, Lakhota and bulldog would support it.
Coal is not an economical way to general electric power and hasn't been for some time. Natural gas is cheaper and cleaner. In 1990, almost 60% of America's power was produced by coal fired generating plants. It has steadily fallen to 32% and there is no sign of that trend reversing. During the same period power generation by natural gas has risen from 10% to 35%. The low price of clean burning natural gas is the reason for the recent coal to natural gas conversions. The last coal fired power plant in the US went into operation 4 years ago. Power plant construction experts believe it will be America's last coal fired power generation plant to be built.

Except Obama promised to kill the coal industry in 2008. Fact.

Obama said the coal industry is dying. There is a difference.

False. You are either ignorant, or lying.

“So if somebody wants to build a coal-powered plant, they can; it’s just that it will bankrupt them, because they’re going to be charged a huge sum for all that greenhouse gas that’s being emitted” -Obama 2008​

He didn't say 'the industry is dying by itself'... he said 'We are going to charge them a huge sum of money, and it will bankrupt them'.

“Under my plan of a cap-and-trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket. Even regardless of what I say about whether coal is good or bad,” Obama said in 2008. “Because I’m capping greenhouse gases, coal power plants, you know, natural gas, you name it — whatever the plants were, whatever the industry was, they would have to, uh, retrofit their operations. That will cost money. They will pass that money on to consumers.”
In a rare example of honesty, this leftwinger openly admitted that the costs of regulations are passed on to consumers.

I wish all you would get this through your thick headed ideology crap. Every single cost that you put on business.... is not paid by business. It's paid by you. YOU. YOU pay for the minimum wage. YOU pay for health care regulations. YOU pay for 'gender equality' laws. YOU pay for EVERYTHING.

And you pay for the rich guy who buys a solar panel, or E85, or bio-fuels, or whatever else the left-wing comes up with.

You pay for all of it. And when cap-and-trade comes into effect (assuming it does), you are the one who is going to pay the bills. Not the Big Business, or International Corporations, or the Big Bankers, or the 1%, or the Super Wealthy, or the "elites" of the world. No no no no no.... YOU ARE. You pay it.

Forum List

Back