Coaching is Challenging Enough

Only a short way into the winter season and we've had to deal with all sorts of peripheral (though not inconsequential) matters aside from the sport itself.

A bunch of students out with Covid

Students who want to participate, but have to work full time to support the family finances

School lockdowns over guns in the classrooms

Weather

Scheduling

It goes on and on.
I’ve heard the same from many people.

I‘m sure it’s a huge challenge that’s unfair to you, but it’s incredible that they have someone like you to do your best with them even under such difficult circumstances.

They probably won’t see it or show you the appreciation for the extra work you’re doing for them. Maybe just making things appear normal-ish for them is the goal here.

I’ve heard the same from many people.

I‘m sure it’s a huge challenge that’s unfair to you, but it’s incredible that they have someone like you to do your best with them even under such difficult circumstances.

They probably won’t see it or show you the appreciation for the extra work you’re doing for them. Maybe just making things appear normal-ish for them is the goal here.

Fair has nothing to do with it. Shit just happens. However, the kids who are still on their feet are really making progress and building confidence; gaining skill and experience. That's what it's all about. A whole lot of shit is piling up all at once, though.

Cut their mamma off foodstamps and force them to work you’d be surprised how many quit wrestling.
Are you saying poor children *should* be forced to quit extracurricular activities to support their families?

Sports is the main way to escape poverty for many poor kids.

"Students who want to participate, but have to work full time to support the family finances"

That used to be common up until WWII.

Where do you live that a lot of students have to quit school to support the family?
Its called the USA and it happens a lot. All 50 States. Be happy if you nor anyone you know is in that catagory.

Are you saying poor children *should* be forced to quit extracurricular activities to support their families?

Sports is the main way to escape poverty for many poor kids.
Working your way into a good job is the best way to escape poverty. Less than 1% of the kids who spend all of their time with sports are able to make a living from it. Its good for the few lucky ones but its a fools pipe dream for most.

Working your way into a good job is the best way to escape poverty. Less than 1% of the kids who spend all of their time with sports is abe to make a living from it. Its good for the few ucky ones but its a fools pipe dream for most.
Maybe they don’t wind up making a living from sports, but athletic scholarships pull many kids out of poverty. I got a nursing degree on a football scholarship

More and more teams being decimated by Covid infections in recent weeks.

More and more teams being decimated by Covid infections in recent weeks.
Hopeful once omicron wears itself out things will return to normal. I feel bad for the kids missing out on their athletic programs these past three years now. High School goes by fast and some of these kids have had their entire high school experience wrecked by it

Forum List

Back