CO2 Follows Temperature

The irony of SSDD's myopia is that he relies on his misinterpretation of the second law as defined by Georgia State U:
The source is the physics department of Georgia State University. You will have to excuse me but I will accept their statement of the 2nd law over any amount of wiki.

Second Law of Thermodynamics

Second Law of Thermodynamics: It is not possible for heat to flow from a colder body to a warmer body without any work having been done to accomplish this flow. Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object.
That very same reference states an equivalent definition further down the page that has nothing to do with his misunderstanding about thermal photons flowing from cold to warm objects.

Second Law of Thermodynamics: In any cyclic process the entropy will either increase or remain the same.​

In short, he claims to accept Georgia State, but that reference also denies his claim about energy flow.
so curious, do you have an experiment that validates cold photons flowing to warm? you know, where something cold makes something warm warmer? Got that one?

what a fucking idiot you are.

no one here has ever claimed that the photons from a cool object will warm a warmer object if that is the only source of energy input.
Who cares again what happens when the photons move? do they collide, or do they hit the other object? You still haven't stated what happens to those cold photons. See, the warm photons will heat the cold object. What does that cold photon do? Heat the warm object? I mean that is the theory in warmersville.

Or perhaps they just miss the object. Ha

Who cares again what happens when the photons move?

Scientists and others who wish to have an intelligent conversation.

do they collide

No.

or do they hit the other object?

Yes.

You still haven't stated what happens to those cold photons

Any photon absorbed by matter adds energy.
So a "cold photon" that hits warmer matter adds energy, just as it would if it hit colder matter.

I mean that is the theory in warmersville.

Basic physics is not only for those who believe in AGW.
Your idiocy hurts the cause of those resisting AGW idiocy.

Yes, SSDD's smart photon idiocy is funny.
IMO yours does. BTW, what happens to the warm object when it receives the cold photons does it increase its heat? What else would it do with it?

Have you every observed that?

BTW, what happens to the warm object when it receives the cold photons does it increase its heat?

Yes. Absolutely.

All the time.
no one here has ever claimed that the photons from a cool object will warm a warmer object
the quote from toddster:

jc--BTW, what happens to the warm object when it receives the cold photons does it increase its heat?

todd-Yes. Absolutely.

Hmm, seems that's what he is saying.

do they collide

No.

Yes.

So a "cold photon" that hits warmer matter adds energy, just as it would if it hit colder matter.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/posts/14545135/

I guess jc feels that a "cold photon" that's absorbed only adds energy to a cooler object, but that the absorption magically adds no energy if it was absorbed by a warmer object.

I'm old fashioned, I don't believe in magic.
All photons that are absorbed add energy.
I don't believe in anything not documented as fact following a test. and to date you have presented no test. Dude,again, just post up the experiment that shows an ice cube makes a hot ember hotter and I'll shut up.

The irony of SSDD's myopia is that he relies on his misinterpretation of the second law as defined by Georgia State U:
The source is the physics department of Georgia State University. You will have to excuse me but I will accept their statement of the 2nd law over any amount of wiki.

Second Law of Thermodynamics

Second Law of Thermodynamics: It is not possible for heat to flow from a colder body to a warmer body without any work having been done to accomplish this flow. Energy will not flow spontaneously from a low temperature object to a higher temperature object.
That very same reference states an equivalent definition further down the page that has nothing to do with his misunderstanding about thermal photons flowing from cold to warm objects.

Second Law of Thermodynamics: In any cyclic process the entropy will either increase or remain the same.​

In short, he claims to accept Georgia State, but that reference also denies his claim about energy flow.
so curious, do you have an experiment that validates cold photons flowing to warm? you know, where something cold makes something warm warmer? Got that one?
Look, idiot child, everything above 0 degrees Kelvin emits energy. So if there are two objects, one much colder than the other, the warm one will be impinged by photons from the cold one, and that will add energy to the warm object. However, the warm object will emit much more energetic photons, which will result in a net energy loss to the warm object. And if those photons hit the cold object, it will experiance a net energy gain. Is this so hard to understand?
merely post up where and ice cube makes a hot ember hotter and I'll shut up.

no one here has ever claimed that the photons from a cool object will warm a warmer object if that is the only source of energy input.

do they collide

No.

Yes.

IMO yours does. BTW, what happens to the warm object when it receives the cold photons does it increase its heat? What else would it do with it?

BTW, what happens to the warm object when it receives the cold photons does it increase its heat?

Yes. Absolutely.

All the time.
no one here has ever claimed that the photons from a cool object will warm a warmer object
the quote from toddster:

jc--BTW, what happens to the warm object when it receives the cold photons does it increase its heat?

todd-Yes. Absolutely.

do they collide

No.

Yes.

I guess jc feels that a "cold photon" that's absorbed only adds energy to a cooler object, but that the absorption magically adds no energy if it was absorbed by a warmer object.

I don't believe in anything not documented as fact following a test. and to date you have presented no test. Dude,again, just post up the experiment that shows an ice cube makes an ember hotter and I'll shut up.

I don't believe in anything not documented as fact following a test. and to date you have presented no test.

I know, you don't believe in Stefan-Boltzmann.

Yes. Absolutely.

All the time.
the quote from toddster:

todd-Yes. Absolutely.

do they collide

No.

Yes.

I don't believe in anything not documented as fact following a test. and to date you have presented no test. Dude,again, just post up the experiment that shows an ice cube makes an ember hotter and I'll shut up.

I don't believe in anything not documented as fact following a test. and to date you have presented no test.

just show me where an ice cube makes a hot ember hotter and I'll shut up.

Yes. Absolutely.

All the time.
the quote from toddster:

todd-Yes. Absolutely.

do they collide

No.

Yes.

just show me where an ice cube makes a hot ember hotter and I'll shut up.

just show me where an ice cube makes a hot ember hotter makes a hot ember hotter

Hotter than what?

are you referring to cosmic radiation that affects electronics? Causes bit flips in ASIC type chipsets which causes outages to electronic equipment?
Nope. The cosmic microwave background is EM energy from the edge of the universe at 2.7 degrees above absolute zero. Very very cold. It can hit a radio-wave antenna dish on the much warmer earth and be detected. This is an observable, measurable, quantifiable example of energy from very cold source to a much warmer object, and is an example of what SSDD has been seeking from his early youth. His quest has ended and he can now rest and think about other things.

are you referring to cosmic radiation that affects electronics? Causes bit flips in ASIC type chipsets which causes outages to electronic equipment?
Nope. The cosmic microwave background is EM energy from the edge of the universe at 2.7 degrees above absolute zero. Very very cold. It can hit a radio-wave antenna dish on the much warmer earth and be detected. This is an
observable, measurable, quantifiable example of energy from very cold source to a much warmer object, and is an example of what SSDD has been seeking from his early youth. His quest has ended and he can now rest and think about other things.
I haven't found anything on that, got a link?

Nope. The cosmic microwave background is EM energy from the edge of the universe at 2.7 degrees above absolute zero. Very very cold. It can hit a radio-wave antenna dish on the much warmer earth and be detected. This is an
observable, measurable, quantifiable example of energy from very cold source to a much warmer object, and is an example of what SSDD has been seeking from his early youth. His quest has ended and he can now rest and think about other things.

really? you don't know the story of Penzias and Wilson? they got a Nobel prize for trying (and failing) to get rid of a background hiss in their microwave receiver.

Nope. The cosmic microwave background is EM energy from the edge of the universe at 2.7 degrees above absolute zero. Very very cold. It can hit a radio-wave antenna dish on the much warmer earth and be detected. This is an observable, measurable, quantifiable example of energy from very cold source to a much warmer object, and is an example of what SSDD has been seeking from his early youth. His quest has ended and he can now rest and think about other things.
I'm really not sure what it is you think this proves as far as cold to hot energy flow? It isn't emitted radiation from our atmosphere to the surface, it is leftover radiation from when the universe exploded and dark matter was born billions of years ago. I see stars, they aren't there, but they are. I can see them, but they're gone. The CMB comes from further out than what I can see according to the science. Doesn't prove cold objects warm warm objects. Like I said, show me where an ice cube makes a hot ember hotter and I'll shut up.

really? you don't know the story of Penzias and Wilson? they got a Nobel prize for trying (and failing) to get rid of a background hiss in their microwave receiver.
they are electromagnetic signals.

Forum List

Back