CNN: OBAMA cabinet member will be president if Trump and Pence are killed at the inauguration

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Absolutely the most disgusting story yet. Can you imagine if Fox News did the same?

CNN says Trump's death would lead to Democrat president | Daily Mail Online

CNN has been accused of inciting violence against Donald Trump after the network said an Obama appointee would take over if the president-elect was killed at his inauguration.

Wednesday's startling report, titled 'Disaster could put Obama appointee in Oval Office,' speculated on what might happen if Trump, Mike Pence and the Congressional leaders were all killed during the ceremony.

During the segment they also used scenes from ABC show 'Designated Survivor', which depicts what would happen if the Capitol building - the venue for Trump's swearing in - was bombed and the Commander-in-chief killed.

The report concluded that a Democrat would take the vice-president's place in the White House in the event of such an attack, worrying some that venomous anti-Trump protesters might attempt a treasonous attack on the event.

Read more: CNN says Trump's death would lead to Democrat president | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
Ahhh the Daily Heil.......How I've missed it's mixture of fascism, lies and outrage.

That's why I did a google search to confirm. The "report" certainly happened, multiple news sources are showing the story, I added just a couple of others below. Some of the more contentious, rabble rouser news sources also reported it, but that's not the point.

This isn't about hysteria, this is at best, a lack of respect for the families of these men. This is the kind of story you might report in the case of an emergency or if the inauguration goes off the rails etc. Why would this be covered at all? Here is the question to ask. Did they also make such a statement in 2008 or 2012 when Obama won? Did they even do the same in 2004 when Bush won?

CNN Slammed for Report on Who Would Take Power If Trump Were Assassinated

CNN slammed for suggesting Trump assassination scenario

Ahhh the Daily Heil.......How I've missed it's mixture of fascism, lies and outrage.

That's why I did a google search to confirm. The "report" certainly happened, multiple news sources are showing the story, I added just a couple of others below. Some of the more contentious, rabble rouser news sources also reported it, but that's not the point.

This isn't about hysteria, this is at best, a lack of respect for the families of these men. This is the kind of story you might report in the case of an emergency or if the inauguration goes off the rails etc. Why would this be covered at all? Here is the question to ask. Did they also make such a statement in 2008 or 2012 when Obama won? Did they even do the same in 2004 when Bush won?

CNN Slammed for Report on Who Would Take Power If Trump Were Assassinated

CNN slammed for suggesting Trump assassination scenario
Deflection certainly is a common tactic, isn't it?

:rolleyes-41:

I don't understand why there is cause to be annoyed about CNN's having shared how the law of succession works in the U.S? It's not as though it's fiction. It's not as though people lack the right to know. It's even mildly interesting to find out how it works.

I don't understand why there is cause to be annoyed about CNN's having shared how the law of succession works in the U.S? It's not as though it's fiction. It's not as though people lack the right to know. It's even mildly interesting to find out how it works.

That's a stretch, disingenuous. So, can you show a similar story in 2004, 2008? If they did it then it would be wrong, it's certainly wrong now when there are people protesting and radical groups talking about preventing the "peaceful transfer of power". If they are against this, what is the alternative they propose?

The left is going nuts, even Trump suggested it. Watch talk tv, they are going bananas, it's completely true. With all this going on, 30,000 police agents required to ensure the inauguration goes off without harm to people. CNN reports such a story. "Hey, here is what happens in the case of murder. As a bonus, the replacement is one of your guys, a Democrat!"

It's not a story that needed to be covered at all especially at this point with all going on. There are 1000's of "informative" stories that news networks could cover on a daily basis in the event of tragedy, but because they hypothesise violence and criminal activities, they aren't covered.

Gee. I wonder why a link to the actual program has yet to be posted in this thread. I wonder why the only news outlets covering this are The Daily Caller, Breitbart,, WND and weird websites in the RW echo chamber? I wonder why you idiots never fucking learn.

Gee. I wonder why a link to the actual program has yet to be posted in this thread. I wonder why the only news outlets covering this are The Daily Caller, Breitbart,, WND and weird websites in the RW echo chamber? I wonder why you idiots never fucking learn.

First, I posted that I didn't search some of the more controversial sites for this information, they aren't my cup of tea and I purposely don't look for sites that are ideologically rigid (not that all news doesn't have a particular slant)

Secondly, you didn't read the first link. If you did, it provided a screenshot of the actual program, here is the headline: "Developing Now: Disaster Could Put Obama Cabinet Member In Oval Office".

If that screenshot is legitimate and not photoshopped by DailyNews, than there is a problem with it, especially in the current political climate. Wouldn't you agree?

I know they run out of subjects to talk about, but this to me is absurd to cover. Regardless of it being factual or not. It's in bad taste, on the same day the inauguration begins. Don't the police and security have a difficult enough job without this type of "news"?

Last edited:

That's a stretch, disingenuous. So, can you show a similar story in 2004, 2008? If they did it then it would be wrong, it's certainly wrong now when there are people protesting and radical groups talking about preventing the "peaceful transfer of power". If they are against this, what is the alternative they propose?

The left is going nuts, even Trump suggested it. Watch talk tv, they are going bananas, it's completely true. With all this going on, 30,000 police agents required to ensure the inauguration goes off without harm to people. CNN reports such a story. "Hey, here is what happens in the case of murder. As a bonus, the replacement is one of your guys, a Democrat!"

It's not a story that needed to be covered at all especially at this point with all going on. There are 1000's of "informative" stories that news networks could cover on a daily basis in the event of tragedy, but because they hypothesise violence and criminal activities, they aren't covered.

I just watched the infamous segment. They actually discussed What would happen in the event that Obama and Biden and Ryan were killed to start that piece.

There was no opining about how great it would be if tragedy struck Trump.

Mother fucking dishonest hacks. You simply must play the victim. It's like you need to be outraged in order to breathe.

First, I posted that I didn't search some of the more controversial sites for this information, they aren't my cup of tea and I purposely don't look for sites that are ideologically rigid (not that all news doesn't have a particular slant)

Secondly, you didn't read the first link. If you did, it provided a screenshot of the actual program, here is the headline: "Developing Now: Disaster Could Put Obama Cabinet Member In Oval Office".

If that screenshot is legitimate and not photoshopped by DailyNews, than there is a problem with it, especially in the current political climate. Wouldn't you agree?

I know they run out of subjects to talk about, but this to me is absurd to cover. Regardless of it being factual or not. It's in bad taste, on the same day the inauguration begins. Don't the police and security have a difficult enough job without this type of "news"?

The reason that you can't find any coverage of this anywhere but RW nutjob sites is because the fucking headline doesn't match the content of the segment.

It wasn't an exploration of how to keep Dems in the WH. You were duped. Again.

You didn't even see the segment yourself, did you?

Last edited:

I know a guy who is a journalist for them... He is a nice guy actually...

He starts every conversation with an apology and says his mother wishes he would get a real job in human trafficking...

He does admit that they sometimes just sit in the office making up what if crap...

But the wierd thing is:
The Horoscope is taken kind of serious and is 'done properly'.
They also use fairtrade tea and coffee at work.

I just watched the infamous segment. They actually discussed What would happen in the event that Obama and Biden and Ryan were killed to start that piece.

Mother fucking dishonest hacks. You simply must play the victim. It's like you need to be outraged in order to breathe.

Now you put words in my mouth. I didn't suggest that CNN thought it would be "great" if it happened. I am suggesting it is not newsworthy, nor the type of information that is at all relevant, unless some sort of horrible tragedy struck.

There are radicals who are openly stating they are protesting and "against the peaceful transfer of power". This has been covered, it's not theory, such anti-democratic nutjobs exist. You have seen how millionaire celebrities are acting and reacting, and they have the world at their fingertips. What do you think some down and out angry alt-left person might do?

Look at it this way. If someone actually commits a crime and says "I was motivated to do this a story on CNN that a Democrat would become president" would you feel differently?

It's a disgusting segment. Let me say, I don't get Fox in Canada, I have watched CNN for years. I used to respect them and many of their journalists. The last two years or so they have become far less interested in news and much more interested in influencing. They aren't the only ones, especially when it's a quiet news day, but a story like this is just classless, I don't care how you defend it.

The reason that it can't find any coverage of this anywhere but RW nutjob sites is because the fucking headline doesn't match the content of the segment.

It wasn't an exploration of how to keep Dems in the WH. You wee duped. Again.

That's because Democrats only read headlines and not the story. It was introduced to be suggestive to a nut case(s) out there.

Now you put words in my mouth. I didn't suggest that CNN thought it would be "great" if it happened. I am suggesting it is not newsworthy, nor the type of information that is at all relevant, unless some sort of horrible tragedy struck.

There are radicals who are openly stating they are protesting and "against the peaceful transfer of power". This has been covered, it's not theory, such anti-democratic nutjobs exist. You have seen how millionaire celebrities are acting and reacting, and they have the world at their fingertips. What do you think some down and out angry alt-left person might do?

Look at it this way. If someone actually commits a crime and says "I was motivated to do this a story on CNN that a Democrat would become president" would you feel differently?

It's a disgusting segment. Let me say, I don't get Fox in Canada, I have watched CNN for years. I used to respect them and many of their journalists. The last two years or so they have become far less interested in news and much more interested in influencing. They aren't the only ones, especially when it's a quiet news day, but a story like this is just classless, I don't care how you defend it.

You are a dupe and a concern troll. You never watched the segment before posting about it. Weird.

The reason that it can't find any coverage of this anywhere but RW nutjob sites is because the fucking headline doesn't match the content of the segment.

It wasn't an exploration of how to keep Dems in the WH. You wee duped. Again.

That's because Democrats only read headlines and not the story. It was introduced to be suggestive to a nut case(s) out there.

You're an idiot.

You mean you don't get Fox FREE in Canada?

The same kooks that made a case that Sarah Palin was responsible for the shooting of Congress woman Gifford's.

CNN is not led by ideology but ratings. Jon Stewart was showing that for years.

Fox plays to its base for ratings.

All the media are at it and balanced coverage has gone out the window to allow for News for Profit.

It usen't to be this way, equal time was got rid of in the 80s. So this is what you get...

The BBC still is bound by it back in the UK and thus does it internationally.

This is just Tabloid News on TV.

Forum List

Back