CNN/HuffPost Report New Source Backs Reid's Claim

romney-bastard-card.jpg

The Republican National Committee has accused David Axelrod of being the anonymous source behind Harry Reid's accusation that Mitt Romney didn't pay taxes for 10 years.

There are multiple problems with this. For one, Reid sources his claim about Romney to an anonymous Bain investor. And Axelrod, while many things, is not a Bain investor. Secondly, Axelrod himself denied the accusation in a statement to CNN.

But the most obvious reason Spicer is wrong is that Reid actually made the remarks about Romney's taxes the Thursday prior to Axelrod's visit.

More: RNC Harry Reid Accusation A Complete Misfire

So we have unnamed sources that tell us that the unnamed source is a credible person and we have other unnamed sources backing that unnamed source. We do know the main unnamed source, claims to be a Bain investor. So how did this unnamed source get to see 10 years of Mitt Romney's taxes, even though Romney's released 2010 and soon 2011, where it shows he did pay taxes.

Again, how would this guy know? It sounds pretty strange, no matter how many unnamed sources say the guy is credible.

I think that Romeny ought never to release those tax records.

That'll show 'em.

Romney release two years of forms - same as John McCain did. That's what's required by law.

He complied.

Dingy Harry, CNN and Huffingtoon Pissed can suck an egg.

Romney release two years of forms - same as John McCain did. That's what's required by law.

He complied.

Dingy Harry, CNN and Huffingtoon Pissed can suck an egg.

Actually, the two years aren't even required by law.

That really isn't the point.

Two years was probably just fine for McCain because he's not the kind of guy who has secret Cayman Island bank accounts. We know what he's been doing for the last 50 years in either congress or the military, and we have a good idea where his money comes from.

Romney is a guy who takes a 77K deduction for a Dressage Horse.

Romney is a guy who takes a 77K deduction for a Dressage Horse.

You have a problem with someone spending their own money as they wish?

How fucking Naziesque.

I have a problem with a guy who is that out of touch with what real people go through telling me he's going to manage the economy by cutting rich people's taxes while raising mine.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7_EJLBU400]"Rafalca Romney" -- 30 second TV ad - YouTube[/ame]

Harry Reid Romney Tax Tipster 'Is A Credible Person,' New Source Tells CNN (VIDEO)

There are times [Reid] says things off the cuff that make his aides wince, like talking about smelly tourists in the Capitol -- I'm not making this up. This is not one of those times. This is one of those times he knows exactly what he's doing. He's doing it on purpose, he is doing it for political reasons, because he wants this issue -- Romney's taxes -- talked about on programs like yours, wants it to be headlines in newspapers and wants Mitt Romney to respond on this issue which they think is a negative for Romney, as opposed to issues Romney wants to talk about.

Seriously. Why doesn't Mitt just release the tax forms? It should be fairly clear to them by now that the story isn't going away, and it's picked up some steam since Pelosi has backed Reid. If there's nothing to be ashamed of, he's made a massive error in not releasing them. If there is something to be ashamed of, he's made it a million times worse by not releasing them.

Why doesn't the "source" release them?

I have a problem with a guy who is that out of touch with what real people go through telling me he's going to manage the economy by cutting rich people's taxes while raising mine.

Obama's "in touch" with real people?

Don't tell me you voted for John Kerry and Al Gore too.

Of course you did, asswipe.

A second source, said to be "close to Senator [Harry] Reid," has told CNN's Dana Bash that Reid's original source...is a credible person

oh, well, if the second anonymous source is saying the first anonymous source is "a credible person", i say we hang romney.

:rofl:

The IRS knows, Have they come to put him in cuffs? No, they have not.

Actually, I voted for Bush both times...

Once again- my problem isn't with republicans, it's with Romney personally.

Rich douchebag with a religion I hate.

great, then you can understand why someone would not vote for a candidate whose religion is Black Liberation Theology.

great, then you can understand why someone would not vote for a candidate whose religion is Black Liberation Theology.

Are you saying that the President is not a Christian?

Forum List

Back