CNN Host Accuses Conservative Radio Host of White Privilege

A Trumpeteer having the unmitigated gall to speak of others being "entirely dissociated from the emotions of shame and embarrassment?"
Mocking the sheer stupidity of tin hat wearing rubes like you doesn't make anyone a "Trumpeteer".

I wondered if there could be any more of a delusional and thick-headed bunch on Earth than the birfers, then you RUSSIA! freaks said "hold my beer".

Please. keep the comedy coming.
you really are full of yourself

and it used to be amusing

a about a decade ago

So you mean everybody at CNN lined up, interviewed this guy, and pulled the same boner one after another?
Oh Did I Say That?...oh no I didn't....CNN's house is made of glass....you don't have to look too hard to see that they are just like this interviewer in every way shape and form.....

Oh I see. CNN is one person who constantly changes costumes and makeup. Thanks for that.

Oh I see. CNN is one person who constantly changes costumes and makeup. Thanks for that.
Are you really going to argue that CNN's reporting on Trump is fair and balanced?.....if so I instantly lose respect for your opinion on anything else....

Are you really going to argue that CNN's reporting on Trump is fair and balanced?.....if so I instantly lose respect for your opinion on anything else....

I don't even own a TV dood. I'm just asking the OP how one guy ("Martin" something) becomes the entire body of CNN. I may not have a TV but I do know what it looks like.

I smell a burgeoning ignorance of the difference between "individual" and "collective" around here.

OP seems unable to answer.

I don't even own a TV dood. I'm just asking the OP how one guy ("Martin" something) becomes the entire body of CNN. I may not have a TV but I do know what it looks like.

I smell a burgeoning ignorance of the difference between "individual" and "collective" around here.

Well ask your neighbor if you can catch and hour or two of CNN each night on his TV for a week and get back to me.....

Well ask your neighbor if you can catch and hour or two of CNN each night on his TV for a week and get back to me.....

Don't need to. It's not relevant here.
All I need is a clarification on the distinction between "CNN" and.... "Martin".

Don't need to. It's not relevant here.
All I need is a clarification on the distinction between "CNN" and.... "Martin".
both are biased left.

What Is White Privilege, Really?
Recognizing white privilege begins with truly understanding the term itself.

Today, white privilege is often described through the lens of Peggy McIntosh’s groundbreaking essay “White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack.” Originally published in 1988, the essay helps readers recognize white privilege by making its effects personal and tangible. For many, white privilege was an invisible force that white people needed to recognize. It was being able to walk into a store and find that the main displays of shampoo and panty hose were catered toward your hair type and skin tone. It was being able to turn on the television and see people of your race widely represented. It was being able to move through life without being racially profiled or unfairly stereotyped. All true.

Those interpretations overshadow the origins of white privilege, as well as its present-day ability to influence systemic decisions. They overshadow the fact that white privilege is both a legacy and a cause of racism. And they overshadow the words of many people of color, who for decades recognized white privilege as the result of conscious acts and refused to separate it from historic inequities.

Racism vs. White Privilege
Having white privilege and recognizing it is not racist. But white privilege exists because of historic, enduring racism and biases. Therefore, defining white privilege also requires finding working definitions of racism and bias.

So, what is racism? One helpful definition comes from Matthew Clair and Jeffrey S. Denis’s “Sociology on Racism.” They define racism as “individual- and group-level processes and structures that are implicated in the reproduction of racial inequality.” Systemic racism happens when these structures or processes are carried out by groups with power, such as governments, businesses or schools. Racism differs from bias, which is a conscious or unconscious prejudice against an individual or group based on their identity.

Basically, racial bias is a belief. Racism is what happens when that belief translates into action.

White privilege is—perhaps most notably in this era of uncivil discourse—a concept that has fallen victim to its own connotations. The two-word term packs a double whammy that inspires pushback. 1) The word white creates discomfort among those who are not used to being defined or described by their race. And 2) the word privilege, especially for poor and rural white people, sounds like a word that doesn’t belong to them—like a word that suggests they have never struggled.

Francis E. Kendall, author of Diversity in the Classroom and Understanding White Privilege: Creating Pathways to Authentic Relationships Across Race, comes close to giving us an encompassing definition: “having greater access to power and resources than people of color [in the same situation] do.”

Today, white privilege is often described through the lens of Peggy McIntosh’s groundbreaking essay “White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack.” Originally published in 1988, the essay helps readers recognize white privilege by making its effects personal and tangible. For many, white privilege was an invisible force that white people needed to recognize. It was being able to walk into a store and find that the main displays of shampoo and panty hose were catered toward your hair type and skin tone. It was being able to turn on the television and see people of your race widely represented. It was being able to move through life without being racially profiled or unfairly stereotyped. All true.

Those interpretations overshadow the origins of white privilege, as well as its present-day ability to influence systemic decisions. They overshadow the fact that white privilege is both a legacy and a cause of racism. And they overshadow the words of many people of color, who for decades recognized white privilege as the result of conscious acts and refused to separate it from historic inequities.

Having white privilege and recognizing it is not racist. But white privilege exists because of historic, enduring racism and biases. Therefore, defining white privilege also requires finding working definitions of racism and bias.

So, what is racism? One helpful definition comes from Matthew Clair and Jeffrey S. Denis’s “Sociology on Racism.” They define racism as “individual- and group-level processes and structures that are implicated in the reproduction of racial inequality.” Systemic racism happens when these structures or processes are carried out by groups with power, such as governments, businesses or schools. Racism differs from bias, which is a conscious or unconscious prejudice against an individual or group based on their identity.

Basically, racial bias is a belief. Racism is what happens when that belief translates into action.

White privilege is—perhaps most notably in this era of uncivil discourse—a concept that has fallen victim to its own connotations. The two-word term packs a double whammy that inspires pushback. 1) The word white creates discomfort among those who are not used to being defined or described by their race. And 2) the word privilege, especially for poor and rural white people, sounds like a word that doesn’t belong to them—like a word that suggests they have never struggled.

Francis E. Kendall, author of Diversity in the Classroom and Understanding White Privilege: Creating Pathways to Authentic Relationships Across Race, comes close to giving us an encompassing definition: “having greater access to power and resources than people of color [in the same situation] do.”

So I guess people in Nigeria have 'Black Privilege'?

That is a load of horse shit that reduces everyone to a status of privileged based on whether they are part of the racial majority wherever they live.

White Homeless people do not have the same privilege as successful black entertainers simply because the homeless person is white. This is elevating race above all other factors of a persons economic situation, background, education and parental upbringing.

This notion of racial privilege is just another irrational spin off of an Identity Politics perspective of society.

They can watch CNN on the internet and most likely do!

GOP Sen. Tim Scott: "Stop bringing candidates with questionable track records on race before the full Senate"

Republicans have a bad reputation on race, attacking Tim Scott for opposing Thomas Farr only makes it worse

Read Senator Tim Scott’s Candid Account of Getting Stopped by Police

Only black Republican senator clobbers Iowa congressman Steve King over white-supremacy row

• South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott blasted fellow Republican Steve King, an Iowa congressman, in a Washington Post op-ed on Friday
  • King mused in a New York Times article about how terms such as 'white supremacist' and 'white nationalist' came to be considered offensive
  • Scott fired back, urging Republicans to condemn King lest they be accused of racism by association
  • 'Some in our party wonder why Republicans are constantly accused of racism – it is because of our silence when things like this are said,' Scott wrote
Hilarious. Tim Scott is the only black Republican member of the senate.

Black Republicans Are the Only GOP Officials Who Seem Bothered by Racism

What we see here, and what we’ve seen since Shelby County v. Holder unleashed modern voter suppression techniques, is a complete lack of Republican opposition to the ongoing drive to discourage and disenfranchise Democratic constituencies, and black Americans in particular. Moderate Republicans are just as indifferent as their most conservative colleagues. Even supporters of criminal justice reform like Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul or Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley have little to say about dedicated efforts from co-partisans across the country to keep black people from voting.

------------------

Cracks me up that the only black Republican in the Senate is bothered that Republicans disrespect him and other African Americans simply because they are black.

1547243916160.jpg

Poor Scott. Scared when he is stopped again and again by the police.

Upset that the GOP engages in voter suppression against other African Americans.

He feels he is laughed at and disrespected by Racist Republicans and called a Tom by other African Americans because he belongs to a party that wants blacks destroyed.

He's having a terrible time.

And he's right, Republicans do disrespect him. King has been in congress for 16 years saying the same racist crap. And Republicans are trying to tell Scott it's "new" and he's not having it.
I see you can't bring yourself to admit that CNN is as big a hack as you are so you post off topic lol

Stupid ass typical black asshole

The stupid ass cnn negro racist ignorant bitch does not even know what to apologize for.

She is apologizing for not knowing his race. That, is where she made the typical black fool of her stupid self.

Her apology should be for pushing the false racist narrative of sucking white privilege.

They should all apologize for everyone in their fucking race that perpetuates the GRIEVANCE INDUSTRY for political and monetary gain.

Fucking stupid ass ignorant black bitch.

CNN sure fucks up a lot.

I wonder how many actually watch it??

One?? Two??
These narratives being spewed for ominous reasons is getting old in this country, and I mean fast. No one is this dumb anymore, but it's hilarious how people continue these narratives up against so much progress in America, and up against so much generational changes these days. Good grief.

Not talking against your post Claudette, but I am agreeing with you. Sorry if my post are sometimes confusing.. lol

Last edited:

Forum List

Back