CNN Apologizes For Guest Using Term "Crosshairs"

Ha. They thinking maybe - just maybe they um..jumped the gun a bit too soon?? ;)

Perhaps before trying to impose silly PC restrictions on all manner of common-place every day well understood terms, CNN should have given some time and thought to the implications of what they were seeking to do.

But no.

Instead, they shot from the hip.

They shot their mouths off.

They wanted to make a big bang.

But, being the pandering liberal idiots they are, CNN misfired.

It looks like they've managed to shoot themselves in the foot.

I don't know if they shot the bolt or not.

Maybe the should have waited until their powder was dry.

Their silly brand of PC-speak seems to be a bit off target.

Ha. They thinking maybe - just maybe they um..jumped the gun a bit too soon?? ;)

Perhaps before trying to impose silly PC restrictions on all manner of common-place every day well understood terms, CNN should have given some time and thought to the implications of what they were seeking to do.

But no.

:eek: all that violent rhetoric
someone might get the idea to go shoot someone, how will you feel then????

huh?

:lol:

But no.

:eek: all that violent rhetoric
someone might get the idea to go shoot someone, how will you feel then????

huh?

I guess I'm going to have to accept full responsibility for the individual choices of any and all people too feeble-minded to accept simple rhetorical expressions as mere figures of speech.

Or, perhaps not.

and OH MY

the LOGO for the show

Crossfirelogo.JPG

Didn't Jon Stewart go on that show and call both hosts partisan hacks, say that Crossfire and similar types of punditry are hurting the country, and take Tucker Carlson's lunch money?

Shortly thereafter Crossfire went away and so did the bow tie.

One of the greatest moments of cable news history. All of that is correct, except the bow tie is still alive and kicking I believe.

and OH MY

the LOGO for the show

Crossfirelogo.JPG

Didn't Jon Stewart go on that show and call both hosts partisan hacks, say that Crossfire and similar types of punditry are hurting the country, and take Tucker Carlson's lunch money?

Shortly thereafter Crossfire went away and so did the bow tie.

One of the greatest moments of cable news history. All of that is correct, except the bow tie is still alive and kicking I believe.

Nope, Tucker ended the bowties in 2006
April 11, 2006. 'The Situation with Tucker Carlson' for April 11 - msnbc tv - The Ed Show - msnbc.com. "Well, if you watched this show before you may have noticed that I look different tonight. I'm not wearing a bow-tie. This is odd for me. I have worn a bow-tie on television every night for the past six years and for 15 years off air before that, since I was in 10th grade. I like bow-ties, and I certainly spent a lot of time defending them. But from now on I'm going without: no ties at all. I didn't lose a bet. It is not a political statement. I didn't ditch the bow-tie in protest or in solidarity with any oppressed group. It's not a ratings ploy but decided. I just decided I wanted to give my neck a break. A little change is good once in awhile, and I feel better already. So to all three of you who watch this show for the bow-tie I'm sorry. For the rest of you who don't take a position on neckwear one way or the other we now returned to our regularly scheduled programming."

Nope, Tucker ended the bowties in 2006

There is a guy in my office who sports a bow tie. He looks like such a goof.

From the movie State and Main:

The truth is you should never trust anybody who wears a bow tie. A cravat is supposed to point down to accentuate the genitals. Why do you want to trust somebody whose tie points out to accentuate his ears

Clearly "crosshairs" is the new "n-word"..you can't say it....ever!!! Please refer to it as the "C-word" going forward. Next up we have all of these violent words that all have negative connotations with guns and violence- these must be removed from the vernacular immediately.

Up in arms
Shop at Target.
Ride a bullet train.
Change your printer cartridge.
Read a magazine.
Recoil in fear.
Call someone a “slug.”
"reload" the Caulking "gun"

Keep in mind this is only a partial list....:lol::lol:

Clearly "crosshairs" is the new "n-word"..you can't say it....ever!!! Please refer to it as the "C-word" going forward. Next up we have all of these violent words that all have negative connotations with guns and violence- these must be removed from the vernacular immediately.

Up in arms
Shop at Target.
Ride a bullet train.
Read a magazine.
Recoil in fear.
Call someone a “slug.”

We're going to have to change the lexicon for Basketball: no more Shooting the ball.

And no more Bamboo Shoots - I never like those anyway.

I watch O'Riely last night, he played the video of the fool deeply apoligising for saying the C-H word. Miller went classical Miller on the duffus.

How do I tell some one to
Pound sand
Get fucked
piss off
take a long walk off a short peir

now?

What are the chances of implementing a crosshairs to our list of smilies/emoticons? Was that politically incorrect of me to ask?

That suggestion will probably bomb
Someone could get fired
Like shooting fish in a barrel
Of course it might open up a new target market
There is always the possibility your killing some creativity too.

I think this may have already been mentioned but I've repeated stuff before, so here goes.

Shouldn't that French Department Store change it's name now?

Up in arms
Shop at Target.
Ride a bullet train.
Read a magazine.
Recoil in fear.
Call someone a “slug.”

"Top talk radio host Dr. Laura Schlessinger tells Newsmax that the "bullying and scary" tactics of the left are a direct threat to the First Amendment rights of anyone who dares to speak out in defense of traditional American values.

The best-selling author and syndicated Newsmax columnist announced on CNN's Larry King show Tuesday night that she will leave the radio airwaves at year's end. But in an exclusive interview with Newsmax, Schlessinger says that, although the broadside over her neutral use of the N-word on her radio program was "the last straw," it was not the true reason she's decided to leave her long-time syndicated radio program.

Rather, she says those who viciously attack conservative talk hosts in the name of political correctness effectively have taken away her First Amendment rights.

"I've been through this as every talk show has a zillion times before," she tells Newsmax. "But somehow on Friday, after 32 years on radio, 17 syndicated . . . I sat down at my desk and said 'I'm done trying to help people in a situation where my First Amendment rights don't exist, where special interest groups and activists can make a decision to silence you. It's not American, it's not fair play."

Dr. Laura Exclusive: 'Bullying' Attacks on Free Speech Un-American

What are the chances of implementing a crosshairs to our list of smilies/emoticons? Was that politically incorrect of me to ask?

That suggestion will probably bomb
Someone could get fired
Like shooting fish in a barrel
Of course it might open up a new target market
There is always the possibility your killing some creativity too.

A post such as this one is deserving of multiple rep. So watch out now! I've got you in my rep-rifle crosshairs saveliberty!

Forum List

Back