CNN Anchor: 2nd Amendment Saved My Life...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
Lynne Russell thanks the right to keep and bear arms for keeping her and her husband alive during an armed robbery on June 30th. The former CNN anchor and Chuck de Caro, formerly a CNN reporter, were held at gun point in an Albuquerque Motel 6 room by felon Tomorio Walton.

What ensued was a stand-off that left Walton dead and de Caro shot three times. Russell was not injured in the shootout.

Russell told FOX411 that having a gun “absolutely” saved their lives.

“The discussion over the debate to own a gun is just ridiculous. As Americans we have the right to bear arms and as humans the right to protect ourselves. I’m sure that the man who shot my husband did not have a gun permit. Criminals will always have guns. The rest of us legally obtain our gun permits.”

(Video @ link)

Lynne Russell The second amendment saved my life Fox News
Gunssavelives.net

If she didn't 'get it' before this incident, she certainly does now.
This contrasts sharply with the typical USMB anti-gun loon, who chooses not to 'get it'.

I remember Dan Rather talking about how he owns a shotgun.
Not that he thought he'd ever shoot a person...Just that 'there is not a more terrifying sound, in the dark, than the sound of a cocking shotgun'
:thup:

I'm not an advocate one way or other on gun control issue. I believe in right to bear arms but I'm unsure how far that extends? Only issue I had with story is it didn't tell what types of guns were involved and how many rounds each shot.

Dont really know the chick since I dont make it a habit to watch cnn..
But if she has a history of being a gun control freak I would rather see her with a tag on her toe.
I'm happy to welcome the convert into the fold.
Hell, I'd pay for her NRA membership

Not me...I have no use for the "guns for me but not for thee" crowd.
Now if she happens to be a 2nd amendment supporter from the get go...EXCELLENT!!!!
But considering she worked for cnn I have my doubts.

Now if she happens to be a 2nd amendment supporter from the get go...EXCELLENT!!!!

Believe it or not, long time 2nd Amendment supporters...

Russell and de Caro have been long time advocates for carrying guns legally. The author of “Hell on Heels” explains the decision should be an individual one, and those who do not want to carry should not weigh in on the gun control conversation.

Believe it or not, long time 2nd Amendment supporters...

Russell and de Caro have been long time advocates for carrying guns legally. The author of “Hell on Heels” explains the decision should be an individual one, and those who do not want to carry should not weigh in on the gun control conversation.

Than good shooten and i'm glad they both lived to tell about it.

Forum List

Back