CNBC Republican Debate Discussion

I almost felt sorry for Perry. He should have had that info right in front of him in his notes though. I'd say stick a fork in him, he's done... mmm b'bye.

Santorum, what the hell is wrong with that guy. He always comes across as some sort of over agitated, whiny little shit. Not presidential. Sorry Rick, pick up your toys and go home.

Cain, I don't give a rats behind about all the fondling allegations, but you can take your BOLD 999 plan and stick it where the sun don't shine. Now STFU!

Bachman... geeez... the woman may be a good conservative, but everything about her seems programed and robotic. There's nothing natural about her. She can go home too.

Paul, still has the potential to be a spoiler. He always says this stuff that I go, "oh hell ya, I agree with that," and then he talks some more and I go, "man, you're fucked up." I just can't warm up to Ron Paul 100%.

Huntsman, not even a factor worth mention.

That leaves Romney and Gingrich. Romney is a slickster. He's good under pressure, but then so is Newt, and either would be better for America than the kenyan by intergalactic margins, but Newt, comparatively, is the more intelligent of the two, and I think has a better handle Americas history, how our country works and what our country needs. I think he should be the clear choice of all conservatives and republicans at this point. In any case, if Romney gets the final nod for nomination, I'll have no problem what so ever voting for him over the kenyan. Hell I'd vote for Buck Wheat the slap happy cold sore before I'd vote for obama.

Yeah the 2nd time cain used 999 as an answer I gave myself a facepalm.

Its feeling more like Newt/Romney Romney/newt now for me too at this point.....we shall see how this thing with cain pans out over the next two weeks.

Your description of santorum made me laugh hard here because I actually said the same thing last night.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I have to agree with those that say that Perry is done. At first, I thought this might be the guy. Then he opened his mouth and a turd rolled out onto the podium. AND he looks like an undertaker did a real shitty job on a corpse that came back to life. He's done good for Texas, but he's not ready for prime time.

Huntsman. A dip stick who does not have a snowball's chance in hell. RINO stamped on forehead.

Paul. Dennis Kusinich in Republican garb. Says some good one-liners, then he goes and ruins it by actually trying to explain his positions.

Santorum. Absolutely correct on this one. Whiny and a little 'fussy'. Go home son, let the grown ups talk.

Bachmann. I like her, but... President? I, don't think so... Make her UN Ambassador. She'd make them people crazy! I'd pay to see that.

Romney. Probably the nominee. Could be more conservative for my tastes. But so far better than Obama that it doesn't even require mentioning. And we need someone who's taken the reins of ANYTHING before. Experience will be good for the country.

Cain. I wish, but I don't see a complete outsider getting the nomination. He's going to be Romney's competition clear up to the convention. The 999 plan is DOA. I don't like the National Sales Tax idea at all. Mainly because it won't be 9% for very long. Congress would bump it to 9-9-18 as soon as they can.

Newt. So smart it hurts. Obama couldn't hold a candle to his intelligence. Too much personal baggage though. Needs to be a part of the next administration in a role that will help. National Security Advisor perhaps? Something...

Vice-President?

when king Obama stutters and stammering during the 3 or 4 debates next fall, it wont be the top story on any of those evening racist news programs on MSNBC.

when king Obama stutters and stammering during the 3 or 4 debates next fall, it wont be the top story on any of those evening racist news programs on MSNBC.
Depending upon who gets the Republican nomination, the boy king may refuse to debate. Newt or Herman would eat his ass alive in a fairly run debate. Romney would make him look like an idiot, too. Perry doesn't know how to debate.

It all depends on the format. If he is on an NBC network outlet the questions and moderators will be VERY obama friendly (as evidenced by CNBC's questions last night) which will help him a lot.

If they do a real debate where each person has a set amount of time and aren't boxed in by agenda laden questions then I think obama will lose the debate.....unless unemployment drops under 8% in the next year and our Debt/GDP ratio comes down and inflation STOPs in its tracks.

and why can't FOX News hold a debate? you know, they should hold one despite Obama will be a no show, and just leave an empty podium there. and Newt ,Cain or Romney will take all the questions while Obama will make a bafoon/(P*****sy) of himself by not showing up.

Newt. So smart it hurts. Obama couldn't hold a candle to his intelligence. Too much personal baggage though. Needs to be a part of the next administration in a role that will help. National Security Advisor perhaps? Something...

All of Newt's personal baggage is so old it's irrelevant. It's all been gone over already, and would be just as ridiculous to bring up again as it is the old garbage about obama being a homo.

All of Newt's personal baggage is so old it's irrelevant. It's all been gone over already, and would be just as ridiculous to bring up again as it is the old garbage about obama being a homo.

Hell even the more recent stuff like reverand wright or being friends with terrorist bomber Bill ayers is not considered relevant by the media.

I almost felt sorry for Perry. He should have had that info right in front of him in his notes though. I'd say stick a fork in him, he's done... mmm b'bye.

Santorum, what the hell is wrong with that guy. He always comes across as some sort of over agitated, whiny little shit. Not presidential. Sorry Rick, pick up your toys and go home.

Cain, I don't give a rats behind about all the fondling allegations, but you can take your BOLD 999 plan and stick it where the sun don't shine. Now STFU!

Bachman... geeez... the woman may be a good conservative, but everything about her seems programed and robotic. There's nothing natural about her. She can go home too.

Paul, still has the potential to be a spoiler. He always says this stuff that I go, "oh hell ya, I agree with that," and then he talks some more and I go, "man, you're fucked up." I just can't warm up to Ron Paul 100%.

That leaves Romney and Gingrich. Romney is a slickster. He's good under pressure, but then so is Newt, and either would be better for America than the kenyan by intergalactic margins, but Newt, comparatively, is the more intelligent of the two, and I think has a better handle Americas history, how our country works and what our country needs. I think he should be the clear choice of all conservatives and republicans at this point. In any case, if Romney gets the final nod for nomination, I'll have no problem what so ever voting for him over the kenyan. Hell I'd vote for Buck Wheat the slap happy cold sore before I'd vote for obama.

Its feeling more like Newt/Romney Romney/newt now for me too at this point.....we shall see how this thing with cain pans out over the next two weeks.

Your description of santorum made me laugh hard here because I actually said the same thing last night.

Cain is a business man. He understands marketing. He knows he annoys people with his 999. Think of all of those crazy local businesses with the annoying ass commercials that you hate. But the next time you need a tire, what's the first thing that comes to your mind......Big Red's Tire Barn. If you say 999, someone will say Cain. If you say 59 point jobs plan, people will look at you with a blank stare.

Cain is a business man. He understands marketing. He knows he annoys people with his 999. Think of all of those crazy local businesses with the annoying ass commercials that you hate. But the next time you need a tire, what's the first thing that comes to your mind......Big Red's Tire Barn. If you say 999, someone will say Cain. If you say 59 point jobs plan, people will look at you with a blank stare.

The context of the question he responded to didn't really fit in with 999 in my opinion which is where my facepalm came from.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBeA08jP0g8]Herman Cain Debate Highlights (CNBC)(11/9/11) - YouTube[/ame]

@ 6:20 seconds in the video that is what made me facepalm when he said 999, i understand why he said it and upon re-watching it doesn't seem as bad but in the flow of the debate last night when i was watching it just didn't come across well.

If you watched the debates last night and want to talk about it lets do so here.

I liked when Newt asked the liberally biased questioner if her question was serious. "I love the humor disguized as a questoin"

I also liked when he brought up the fact that many don't remember the history of america when they talk about the "1% and 99%"

CNBC Republican Debate: Newt Gingrich Takes On Occupy Wall Street - YouTube

To me the questioners framed their questions with a lot of liberal bias. Not every question but many of them. Who else felt that way?

How about Perry's "Brain Fart"

Or how about Romney's response when they tried to get him to attack Cain on harassment?

Several good moments even if the questioners made it difficult to watch at times with their innacurate claims/statments disguised in their questions.

Oh and for those that will say i'm a "hack" for saying the questions were biased this is the first out of all the debates where I have made that comment about the questions so don't bother going there.

Newt is nice, but Cain is better.

Actually, if we could elect a committee for president (and no, I don't think that's a good idea ever, much less in the current situation)...

If we could a create a candidate that was a little of ALL these candidates I saw last night, then maybe I wouldn't worry so much about chances of election, for the GOP candidate. But any one of the individuals that I saw? Wow... my anxiety-meter is off the charts about each one - for different reasons.

Some questions came close to the one I need answered: how trustworthy, how sane, how dependable are YOU, will you be as president? Can you successfuly craft and close a deal, in a reasonable amount of time? I don't care what anyone did in the past; they've never been president before. I want to know how they think they'll handle the pressure, the demands of the schedule, the media scrutiny, the rumor-mills, the conflict of finding a compromise that at least works 80% as advertised. (that's a "B" in old-school grading scales; a better than average evaluation - I don't demand or expect perfection.)

We know going in, that whomever is elected will need to run their "plans" through Congress... and committees... and a lot of people will "touch" and "edit" and "customize" and make exceptions. That's gonna happen to everyone's plan... and some of this is appropriate. Way more, is NOT... and a new prez is gonna have to have the cohones to know what can be compromised on - and what can not - to keep the original intent of the "plan" intact and get it implemented. Without starting another damn flame war between two polarized camps...

Forum List

Back