CNBC Republican Debate Discussion

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
If you watched the debates last night and want to talk about it lets do so here.

I liked when Newt asked the liberally biased questioner if her question was serious. "I love the humor disguized as a questoin"

I also liked when he brought up the fact that many don't remember the history of america when they talk about the "1% and 99%"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV8Oziry9iA]CNBC Republican Debate: Newt Gingrich Takes On Occupy Wall Street - YouTube[/ame]

To me the questioners framed their questions with a lot of liberal bias. Not every question but many of them. Who else felt that way?

How about Perry's "Brain Fart"

Or how about Romney's response when they tried to get him to attack Cain on harassment?

Several good moments even if the questioners made it difficult to watch at times with their innacurate claims/statments disguised in their questions.

Oh and for those that will say i'm a "hack" for saying the questions were biased this is the first out of all the debates where I have made that comment about the questions so don't bother going there.

Last edited:
Thank you for the clip :) It was fabulous! I'd pay money to see a debate between Newt and Barry.. Newt is my guy so I'm a bit bias when it comes to him.. however, he continues to show his knowledge of the issues and that he is a very formidable opponent.

I was asleep early due to having to be at work at 3AM to do some maintenance... (you know, work, unlike what the OWSers and the progressives living on mommy's couch in the basement do)... So I missed the debate, and I did not TiVo it... so I will have to read up on it later

I was asleep early due to having to be at work at 3AM to do some maintenance... (you know, work, unlike what the OWSers and the progressives living on mommy's couch in the basement do)... So I missed the debate, and I did not TiVo it... so I will have to read up on it later

That video link i posted above this post of yours...if you click on the person who uploaded it youtube page you can find the whole debate broken down into parts.

I'll start by saying that I did not like the folks who were asking the questions and I hated the stupid tickers at the bottom of my screen. It was a distraction.

Newt I loved ... again.
Romney ... meh. No different than any other debate.
Cain ... if I heard him mention his bold 999 plan again I was going to throw something at my tv.
Perry ... not ready for prime time. He may be good at a state level, but not at a national level.
Santorum and Huntsman are whiners who have no chance in hell at getting the nomination. They need to bow out and go away.
Bachmann ... this was her last chance to get back in the race and she failed to do so. She too needs to bow out and go away.

I didnt watch so I wouldn't mind hearing something other than Perry's mistake.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5DCgLp_DH8]P1 CNBC Republican Presidential Debate 11-9-11 - YouTube[/ame]

there is the first 20 minutes, listen to the way they frame some questions.

The moderators ate them some audience shit didn't they? I love it. Leftwing nincompoops.

Enjoyed the booing of a couple of the moderators' questions.

Also liked Romney making Bartiromo look silly when he reminded her his 59 Point Plan was a jobs plan, not whatever the hell she tried to make it out to be.

Yeah that was pretty good "So what part of your 59 point jobs plan will help homeowners?" "That is a JOBS plan not a housing plan"

:lol:

I didnt watch so I wouldn't mind hearing something other than Perry's mistake.
He didn't make a mistake. He couldn't remember what he said he would do!

No either he's an idiot, or a tool who can't remember what he's told to say by his handlers, or he had a mini-stroke on stage.

Any way you look at it, he's Texas Toast! :lol:

Last edited:
I almost felt sorry for Perry. He should have had that info right in front of him in his notes though. I'd say stick a fork in him, he's done... mmm b'bye.

Santorum, what the hell is wrong with that guy. He always comes across as some sort of over agitated, whiny little shit. Not presidential. Sorry Rick, pick up your toys and go home.

Cain, I don't give a rats behind about all the fondling allegations, but you can take your BOLD 999 plan and stick it where the sun don't shine. Now STFU!

Bachman... geeez... the woman may be a good conservative, but everything about her seems programed and robotic. There's nothing natural about her. She can go home too.

Paul, still has the potential to be a spoiler. He always says this stuff that I go, "oh hell ya, I agree with that," and then he talks some more and I go, "man, you're fucked up." I just can't warm up to Ron Paul 100%.

Huntsman, not even a factor worth mention.

That leaves Romney and Gingrich. Romney is a slickster. He's good under pressure, but then so is Newt, and either would be better for America than the kenyan by intergalactic margins, but Newt, comparatively, is the more intelligent of the two, and I think has a better handle Americas history, how our country works and what our country needs. I think he should be the clear choice of all conservatives and republicans at this point. In any case, if Romney gets the final nod for nomination, I'll have no problem what so ever voting for him over the kenyan. Hell I'd vote for Buck Wheat the slap happy cold sore before I'd vote for obama.

Last edited:
I almost felt sorry for Perry. He should have had that info right in front of him in his notes though. I'd say stick a fork in him, he's done... mmm b'bye.

Santorum, what the hell is wrong with that guy. He always comes across as some sort of over agitated, whiny little shit. Not presidential. Sorry Rick, pick up your toys and go home.

Cain, I don't give a rats behind about all the fondling allegations, but you can take your BOLD 999 plan and stick it where the sun don't shine. Now STFU!

Bachman... geeez... the woman may be a good conservative, but everything about her seems programed and robotic. There's nothing natural about her. She can go home too.

Paul, still has the potential to be a spoiler. He always says this stuff that I go, "oh hell ya, I agree with that," and then he talks some more and I go, "man, you're fucked up." I just can't warm up to Ron Paul 100%.

That leaves Romney and Gingrich. Romney is a slickster. He's good under pressure, but then so is Newt, and either would be better for America than the kenyan by intergalactic margins, but Newt, comparatively, is the more intelligent of the two, and I think has a better handle Americas history, how our country works and what our country needs. I think he should be the clear choice of all conservatives and republicans at this point. In any case, if Romney gets the final nod for nomination, I'll have no problem what so ever voting for him over the kenyan. Hell I'd vote for Buck Wheat the slap happy cold sore before I'd vote for obama.

:clap2:

Yes, to all.

I have to agree with those that say that Perry is done. At first, I thought this might be the guy. Then he opened his mouth and a turd rolled out onto the podium. AND he looks like an undertaker did a real shitty job on a corpse that came back to life. He's done good for Texas, but he's not ready for prime time.

Huntsman. A dip stick who does not have a snowball's chance in hell. RINO stamped on forehead.

Paul. Dennis Kusinich in Republican garb. Says some good one-liners, then he goes and ruins it by actually trying to explain his positions.

Santorum. Absolutely correct on this one. Whiny and a little 'fussy'. Go home son, let the grown ups talk.

Bachmann. I like her, but... President? I, don't think so... Make her UN Ambassador. She'd make them people crazy! I'd pay to see that.

Romney. Probably the nominee. Could be more conservative for my tastes. But so far better than Obama that it doesn't even require mentioning. And we need someone who's taken the reins of ANYTHING before. Experience will be good for the country.

Cain. I wish, but I don't see a complete outsider getting the nomination. He's going to be Romney's competition clear up to the convention. The 999 plan is DOA. I don't like the National Sales Tax idea at all. Mainly because it won't be 9% for very long. Congress would bump it to 9-9-18 as soon as they can.

Newt. So smart it hurts. Obama couldn't hold a candle to his intelligence. Too much personal baggage though. Needs to be a part of the next administration in a role that will help. National Security Advisor perhaps? Something...

Santorum is going nowhere. I agree.

Mr. Cain might yet pull it off. His 9-9-9 plan is a whole lot more than most of the other candidates (or the current infestation holding the Office of President) has. And while I agree that his plan is imperfect, I'd take his imperfect plan over our present tax "system" any time. And no. He will not be shutting the fuck up. He's still in the hunt, comfortably at that, thankfully.

Bachmann also got slimed. On the basis of "crazy eyes." Seriously, the transparency of the lib criticism of the GOP candidates is that laughable. She does have some baggage and I believe her candidacy is effectively shot already. But she has enough credible good points in her favor that I don't mind hearing from her some more.

I am not now and I have never been a Paul supporter. He can divide the GOP field to a certain extent and in the end he could become a spoiler serving no comprehensible purpose other than to inflict a second Obama term on us. He is never gonna get the GOP nod, though.

Huntsman? Please. He's barely even a RINO. He might as well just change Party affiliation to Democrat.

Romney is the Hair Apparent*, but he's a joke. He cannot credibly stand as the GOP standard bearer against Obamacare and I consider that to be a very REAL problem when the argument AGAINST Obamacare HAS to be made to convince the electorate to turn out President Obama.

Then there's Newt. He's a very able politician. At the moment, he seems to have gotten back on board the conservative train. But the problem with him is that he also is a bit of a weather vane. The positions he takes today are not the positions he has articulated in the past. And so we have very little reason to believe he will hold firm to those new positions at some crucial juncture down the road. And let's be real. The left wing propagandist media is ready to POUNCE all over Newt, too, for his obvious personal character flaws.

There is a distinct prospect that we are going to be saddled with a Romney vs. Obama choice. And while I would eagerly vote for Romney over the current President, that's not the best campaign position. Vote Romney: he may be a vacillating weasel, but at least he's not President Obama.

I'm sticking with Mr. Cain.

Forum List

Back