CNBC: Joe Biden Addresses the Nation on Infrastructure Plans for the Democratic Party

I see why that would bother some people, but I'm thinking more of the kids; lead causes irreversible brain damage.
Exactly. Justl ook at what it has done to Indeependent.
I didn't know he grew up in Chicago. It explains a lot! I did eventually get out of him what all the grumping and swearing was about, though. Maybe replacing lead pipes is a project most municipalities can manage, but major construction is usually funded by the feds, at least half of it.

Not really, I just got a new 4 lane divided highway near my house and the feds didn't pay for a dime of it.

I see why that would bother some people, but I'm thinking more of the kids; lead causes irreversible brain damage.
I didn't know he grew up in Chicago. It explains a lot! I did eventually get out of him what all the grumping and swearing was about, though. Maybe replacing lead pipes is a project most municipalities can manage, but major construction is usually funded by the feds, at least half of it.

Not really, I just go a new 4 lane divided highway near my house and the feds didn't pay for a dime of it.

Good for you.

BTW, you do realize the nearly all lead pipe has enough lime and calcium scale in them to make the leaching out of lead from the pipe nearly impossible, right?

BTW, you do realize the nearly all lead pipe has enough lime and calcium scale in them to make the leaching out of lead from the pipe nearly impossible, right?
That's why it was outlawed in the 80's, right? Because it's harmless? Like lead paint and gasoline?

That's why it was outlawed in the 80's, right? Because it's harmless? Like lead paint and gasoline?
facepalm.jpeg

View attachment 474922
What? Yannow, repeatedly pretending I'm stupid doesn't really make your case. If all you got is ad homs, I gotta figure you got nothing.

He wants to spent $2 trillion dollars to modernize America. He says the windows are too porous, the roofing is too old, the streets are too rickety, and the nation must help.

What's another 2 trillion ?

He's already gotten that through once.

We liberals like to spend money. You already know that.

Let's be clear.

You left-wingers (not liberals) like to spend other people's money.

And yes....I know that.

Correct. This can never happen again in America:

View attachment 474820

Dem college poor design walkWAY collapsed killing people---and you think taxpayer should bail them out? BTW, was BEING BUILT so it isn't old infrastructure.

I Googled and Liberal Chicago has done nothing to replace their lead pipes.
Bad Liberals.
Well, it's a bad liberal who wants to correct it, too.
You mean a Bullshitting Liberal.
Liberals have been promising pipe replacement for years.
Let's see what happens, if he gets this plan through.
Are you that naive?
About the plan going through or the pipes being replaced? What makes you think either of these can't happen?
Because past money has already been siphoned off to other pork.
I think it's a very sensible idea. What previous administrations and Congresses have done doesn't mean this one will fail. That makes no sense. Nothing new would ever happen under your theory.
The only thing that counts is what CHICAGO does with the money and the Chicago DemonCraps always spend it to get the slum vote.
Really? There's nothing specifying what the funds need to be used for? Then maybe the feds need to contract it out themselves.

You've never been involved in federal contracting, have you. Federal strings increase the costs of a project by factors of 2x-4x.

Dude, quit being ridiculous. Corporate projects are the same way. Ever heard of "Scope creep"?

Bad Liberals.
Are you that naive?
About the plan going through or the pipes being replaced? What makes you think either of these can't happen?
I think it's a very sensible idea. What previous administrations and Congresses have done doesn't mean this one will fail. That makes no sense. Nothing new would ever happen under your theory.
The only thing that counts is what CHICAGO does with the money and the Chicago DemonCraps always spend it to get the slum vote.
Really? There's nothing specifying what the funds need to be used for? Then maybe the feds need to contract it out themselves.

You've never been involved in federal contracting, have you. Federal strings increase the costs of a project by factors of 2x-4x.

Dude, quit being ridiculous. Corporate projects are the same way. Ever heard of "Scope creep"?

Milennial Much?

You are talking apples and oranges.

How far did you go in school?

He wants to spent $2 trillion dollars to modernize America. He says the windows are too porous, the roofing is too old, the streets are too rickety, and the nation must help.

We all know we need to update our infra structure.

Moscow Mitch even admits it. He just doesn't want to PAY for it if it means raising taxes on rich people or corporations...who are his REAL constituents

EDIT: Yes, he has a stutter. We all know this...so please go light on mocking his stutter

Was this CGI too?

Obama is from Chicago too.
He was born in Hawaii, grew up in Thailand, then Kansas.

He was born in Hawaii, moved to Seattle, back to Hawaii, then Indonesia.

He later lived in Chicago for several years.

That explains a few things.

His mother was from Kansas (we suffered through several of his visits), but I don't believe he ever lived there.
Close enough. He didn't grow up drinking Chicago water.

Correct.

But he lived there.

So he drank Chicago water.

Explains a lot.

Moscow Mitch even admits it. He just doesn't want to PAY for it if it means raising taxes on rich people or corporations...who are his REAL constituents

Why can't states pay for their own infrastructure if they need it so baldy.

Let's be clear.

And yes....I know that.

View attachment 474820

Dem college poor design walkWAY collapsed killing people---and you think taxpayer should bail them out? BTW, was BEING BUILT so it isn't old infrastructure.

This bridge was being built ?

Great...we can spend 2 Trillion building more stuff that falls apart.

Let's be clear.

And yes....I know that.

View attachment 474820

Isn't this Florida's bridge ?

Why do they need the feds to rebuild it ?

Let Florida spend their money where they want.

College pedestrian bridge.

Bad Liberals.
Are you that naive?

Are you going to address the fact that this bridge wasn't falling apart ?

It wasn't old.

Seems like a pretty poor example on your part.

Did you see where this wasn't aging infrastructure.

Got any more examples ?

The bridge in MN was just a missed inspection from what I recall.

They are not falling apart all over the place.

This one was a flat out failure from the start.

The roads I drive on are fine.

And Florida can pay for whatever it wants.

Let's be clear.

And yes....I know that.

View attachment 474820

Isn't this Florida's bridge ?

Why do they need the feds to rebuild it ?

Let Florida spend their money where they want.

Its a college building project--that they are now going to make taxpayers pay for.

Let's be clear.

And yes....I know that.

View attachment 474820

This bridge was being built ?

Great...we can spend 2 Trillion building more stuff that falls apart.

The Florida International University pedestrian bridge collapse occurred on March 15, 2018, when a 175-foot-long (53 m) section of the FIU-Sweetwater UniversityCity Pedestrian Bridge collapsed onto the Tamiami Trail (U.S. Route 41), resulting in six deaths (one worker and five motorists), ten injuries (six serious and 4 minor), and eight vehicles being crushed underneath.[1] Of the serious injuries, one employee was permanently disabled.[2]

The initial construction on the pedestrian bridge was located in front of the campus of Florida International University (FIU) in University Park, a suburb west of Miami, Florida, United States, and was reported to be in the process of post-tension rod adjustment when it suddenly failed.[3] At the time of the collapse, the 8-lane road beneath the bridge had remained open to traffic except two westbound lanes blocked off for a crane.[1][4] Of the vehicles involved in the collapse, seven were being operated in the eastbound lanes and one was a contractor's vehicle parked and unoccupied under the bridge's north end.[1] Dashcam video of the collapse was taken by a vehicle in an eastbound lane moving slowly due to traffic congestion, and analysis of its images helped the NTSB investigation that determined the cause of the collapse due to "northward movement of members 11 and 12," detailed below.[1]

An examination carried out by the Federal Highway Administration discovered faults in the design of the bridge, which overestimated the strength of the bridge in the region that failed and underestimated the load it would be expected to carry.[5] The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) issued a "News Release"[6] which said, "load and capacity calculation errors made by FIGG Bridge Engineers, Inc., are the probable cause of the fatal ... bridge collapse in Miami ...". The same day the NTSB released a "synopsis"[note 1] of its final report, which stated

... that the probable cause of the Florida International University (FIU) pedestrian bridge collapse was the load and capacity calculation errors made by FIGG Bridge Engineers, Inc., (FIGG) in its design of the main span truss member 11/12 nodal region and connection to the bridge deck. Contributing to the collapse was the inadequate peer review performed by Louis Berger, which failed to detect the calculation errors in the bridge design. Further contributing to the collapse was the failure of the FIGG engineer of record (EOR) to identify the significance of the structural cracking observed in this node before the collapse and to obtain an independent peer review of the remedial plan to address the cracking. Contributing to the severity of the collapse outcome was the failure of MCM; FIGG; Bolton, Perez and Associates Consulting Engineers; FIU; and the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) to cease bridge work when the structure cracking reached unacceptable levels and to take appropriate action to close SW 8th Street as necessary to protect public safety.[7]

DEm college poor planning, poor design being built pedestrian bridge for foreign students, and they want to make taxpayers pay for it now.

Don't worry folks, Sleepy Joe is gonna fix it!
Just stand back, and stand by.
Yeah...Joe going to make the shallow end of the pool deeper by scooping a bunch of water out of the deep end, and then pouring it back into the shallow end!

Dumb shit.
Basically Biden is doing what China has been doing the past few years.
Trump fucked it up and didn't care about tech so he let the Chinese beat us in tech.
Biden is going to change that and emphasize tech now, after Trump, we need to catch up.

Biden is going to do no such thing. The only thing he'll accomplish as far as tech, is allowing more CHICOM tech companies to set up shop in the US. They own him.

You just watch.

Indeed infrastructure must be addressed, but that was the stupidest, most ennui-inducing pack of lies I've seen given TV time.

That man couldn't inspire a fly to land on shit.

I agree and most of that bill is about green shit. There is some infrastructure work in it but most of it is green shit.

That stuttering fuck will bankrupt this country.

Forum List

Back