Cloud computing risks to privacy

DennyO

Dec 31, 2013
I keep getting encouragements on my iPad about the use of their cloud storage. A couple of friends have used this to back up their laptops. I even read that some companies are using it as a database holder.

I see risks in this. For sure, I do not want to end up with sensitive personal info on it, such as tax records. Wouldn't it be pretty easy for governments or companies to gain access and pry where they do not belong? So, for now I am sticking with a back up hard drive.

How do we know that cloud storage ensures privacy and security?

I don't think you can know.
I think employees have the keys to the kingdom.
Did you ever read the legal on each cloud you join?
Don't expect your operating system to be any more secure.
Computer security has always been a cat and mouse game except the owners have the keys to their own cloud.
If you want security, take it off the internet.

I keep getting encouragements on my iPad about the use of their cloud storage. A couple of friends have used this to back up their laptops. I even read that some companies are using it as a database holder.

I see risks in this. For sure, I do not want to end up with sensitive personal info on it, such as tax records. Wouldn't it be pretty easy for governments or companies to gain access and pry where they do not belong? So, for now I am sticking with a back up hard drive.

How do we know that cloud storage ensures privacy and security?

Hell someone can break into your house and steal your sensitive personal documents if they want. There are no guarantees in life, be it security or life itself, we take a risk getting out of bed in the morning and getting back in at night. Such is the nature of life.

Forum List

Back