Clinton sees opening in Texas and Arizona - buys ads

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2016/10/17/clinton-ramps-pressure-texas-rare-ad-buy

WASHINGTON --Hillary Clinton is pumping money into ads aimed at Texans and stepping up her investment in Arizona - unusual moves that reflect a chance to take advantage of disarray among Republicans.

Democrats have struggled for decades in both states. But pushback against Donald Trump has given them an opening, and Clinton is moving aggressively to expand the battleground in the final three weeks.

In Texas, aides announced a modest ad buy with a spot that features excerpts from The Dallas Morning News' endorsement. Clinton is the first Democrat The News has backed for president since 1936. The Texas buy pales by contrast to the $2 million the campaign added to its bet on Arizona for advertising and get-out-the-vote efforts.

First lady Michelle Obama will stump on Thursday in Phoenix, a week after her forceful broadside against Trump in New Hampshire, where she chastised him for lewdness and disrespect toward women. Democrats view her as Clinton's most effective asset but it doesn't stop there; the campaign is dispatching Sen. Bernie Sanders on Tuesday and Chelsea Clinton on Wednesday.

"Donald Trump is becoming more unhinged by the day, and that is increasing prospects for Democrats further down the ballot," Clinton campaign manager Robbie Mook told reporters in a call focused on the incursions into Arizona and seven established battlegrounds, where the strategy is aimed at shoring up U.S. Senate candidates, too.

Hillary is keeping the pressure on Comrade Trump. He can't spend big on swing states because Clinton is going after red states. Too bad the GOP didn't listen to Demsl that kept begging that they nominate Donnie.
We are very glad that they did! GOOD JOB GUYS!

She's ahead in Arizona, so it"s entirely possible to win that state. Texas is a long shot, but she's only 6,5 down. She could just be trying to rub it in at this point :)

Sort of reminds me of Sugar Ray Leonard who knew he was ahead in the 10th round and started mining style points in the later rounds when he knew it was all but over.

Like I said. Hilary will win in a landslide. Trump has done what the democrats could only dream of. He has single handily destroyed the Republican Party and made red states purple and possibly will turn blue.

I ask Republican friends, almost on a daily basis, if the DNC had been asked to chose one of the 17 candidates vying for the GOP nomination, who would they have chose. After some stammering and some blushed expressions, the friend shuffles his feet and says, "Probably Donald Trump..."

Many of us on the board have been posting words like "GO DONALD!"

I mean, how blatantly transparent can we be? Sooooo, GO DONALD! :woohoo:

"As long as Donald has a tongue, he will lose in November."

JimH52

Forum List

Back