Clinton and Sanders full of shit when it comes to Marijuana and prisons

Oh so people are ONLY being arrested and going to jail. That's all!?

From the OP: he strayed from the facts, repeating a long-debunked myth about prisons overflowing with marijuana offenders.

Well yeah, thats been debunked because no one on that stage or anywhere ever claimed prison was OVER FLOWING with weed offenders.

Thats how you take a fact and turn it into a lie. Just put words in that arent there

As constituents wake up to the benefits of marijuana, more and more state politicians are going to be emptying out their prison populations of non-violent marijuana (ehem!) "abusers".

Marijuana May Help Treat Opioid Addiction By Reducing Severity Of Withdrawal Symptoms

Jul 28, 2015
By Ali Venosa
New evidence has emerged supporting the idea that marijuana may help rehab patients recover from and kick their addictions to painkillers. The study, published by researchers at Columbia University earlier this month, showed that patients given a form of THC during their recovery experienced less severe withdrawal symptoms and were more likely to complete their treatment course.

<snip>

This study is not the first to explore the idea of medical marijuana as a treatment for painkiller addiction. Previous studies have highlighted the benefits of moderate marijuana use on retention during treatment, and states with medical marijuana laws see fewer deaths from opioid overdose.

<snip>

IOWs, while weed may be fun, relaxing... etc. for some, weed is a lifesaver, painkiller and medical wonder drug for others. Only people that like for people to suffer torturous pain would be in favor of not legalizing marijuana. The proof is in the pudding -so to speak-

Just how deadly a killer is marijuana?
Here's a GIF
showing all of the people who have died after overdosing on pot:
panda.gif

Yeah, not a single person has ever died from a weed overdose.
We don't have numbers on pandas, but we're guessing it's about the same.​

Yeah yeah, this last couple years we've had one drug pushing articles after another. Any day now someone is going to come out with a study that claims pot is the secret to the universe.
I don't think there is a question when it comes to marijuana having some fairly decent use in the medical world, the question becomes, should it be legalized and regulated like alcohol currently is, or should it be regulated like other drugs.
which of the 5 classes would it best fit into?
right now its in schedule 1, I think that's a bit high, same category as LSD, Cocain and heroine.
a bit excessive and the reason for the steep legal repercussions if you are caught with it.
The classes are defined by the governments perspective of potential abuse.
Not sure why alcohol gets a free ride on this one, based on the criteria, alcohol should be a schedule 1 drug.
so should nicotine.....

We have 2.4 million imprisoned up from 500k in prison before the war on drugs

From the OP: he strayed from the facts, repeating a long-debunked myth about prisons overflowing with marijuana offenders.

Well yeah, thats been debunked because no one on that stage or anywhere ever claimed prison was OVER FLOWING with weed offenders.

Thats how you take a fact and turn it into a lie. Just put words in that arent there

As constituents wake up to the benefits of marijuana, more and more state politicians are going to be emptying out their prison populations of non-violent marijuana (ehem!) "abusers".

Marijuana May Help Treat Opioid Addiction By Reducing Severity Of Withdrawal Symptoms

Jul 28, 2015
By Ali Venosa
New evidence has emerged supporting the idea that marijuana may help rehab patients recover from and kick their addictions to painkillers. The study, published by researchers at Columbia University earlier this month, showed that patients given a form of THC during their recovery experienced less severe withdrawal symptoms and were more likely to complete their treatment course.

<snip>

This study is not the first to explore the idea of medical marijuana as a treatment for painkiller addiction. Previous studies have highlighted the benefits of moderate marijuana use on retention during treatment, and states with medical marijuana laws see fewer deaths from opioid overdose.

<snip>

IOWs, while weed may be fun, relaxing... etc. for some, weed is a lifesaver, painkiller and medical wonder drug for others. Only people that like for people to suffer torturous pain would be in favor of not legalizing marijuana. The proof is in the pudding -so to speak-

Here's a GIF
panda.gif

Yeah yeah, this last couple years we've had one drug pushing articles after another. Any day now someone is going to come out with a study that claims pot is the secret to the universe.
I don't think there is a question when it comes to marijuana having some fairly decent use in the medical world, the question becomes, should it be legalized and regulated like alcohol currently is, or should it be regulated like other drugs.
right now its in schedule 1, I think that's a bit high, same category as LSD, Cocain and heroine.
a bit excessive and the reason for the steep legal repercussions if you are caught with it.
Not sure why alcohol gets a free ride on this one, based on the criteria, alcohol should be a schedule 1 drug.
so should nicotine.....
I smoke, therefore I must disagree with you.

They might be wrong, but the point is still, prohibition didn't work with alcohol, and that is a far more socially damaging drug, isn't it now?

Probably the single most used cliche in America right now.
Not true. A "cliche" is a phrase or opinion that is over used. This is neither. This is a fact.

I probably come across the "pot-isn't-as-bad-as-alcohol" or a close facsimile argument a half dozen times a week now.
I live in Oregon, we've had medical marijuana for several years, and now recreational pot is legal. The stink is everywhere now, you can't walk down a city street, or into a neighborhood without smelling that rotten stink !!!
Two weeks ago a stoned driver in Portland killed a pedestrian, so now not only do we have drunk drivers, we're going to be seeing stoned drivers as well !
It took decades to finally be free of smokers ruining the air everywhere you went, I feel like I've been transported back in time, only now instead of cigarette smoke everywhere, it's becoming the stink of pot !
I swear I could kick the mother fuckers here in the face that have passed these new laws !!
I know. . . GD, Freedom SUCKS! Those Chicoms sure know how to rock the governments, don't they?

My favorite part of that movie, "Seven years in Tibet," is when the military comes in and wipes out the peaceful folks, isn't that great.? We should just put a bullet into all those peaceful folks heads, shouldn't we? Dirty smelling folks. Enjoying their life, fuck them.

(btw, you do know that folks that aren't high kill pedestrians as well? Just this year some ditzy bitch that was texting broadsided my car. So what of it? Being irresponsible has nothing to do with the drug, it has to do with the person. By your logic, we should ban guns. Wise up and keep your views consistent. Hypocrites are intolerable.)

Then keep your fucking pot stink out of my air !!
You bet. Show me the title and deed to "your air," and I'm sure folks will oblige you. Otherwise, walk away or plug your nose.

I live out in the country, and I don't lobby the politicians around here to eradicate the skunks in this area based on such nonsense.

Jul 28, 2015
By Ali Venosa

<snip>

<snip>

Here's a GIF
panda.gif

so should nicotine.....
and yet you agreed with me above.....its either yes or no....

Jul 28, 2015
By Ali Venosa

<snip>

<snip>

Here's a GIF
panda.gif

so should nicotine.....
I dont drink so alcohol yes
I smoke so nicotine no.
see how that works? just like congress, they dont smoke weed so illegal, they do however drink so, legal.

so should nicotine.....
I smoke so nicotine no.
see how that works? just like congress, they dont smoke weed so illegal, they do however drink so, legal.
ok.....so why did you agree above?....just wonderin...

so should nicotine.....
I smoke so nicotine no.
I think all of my reasons have be covered in a fairly clear manner.
consider this, you seem to be the only one confused about this right now. I am going to give you the benefit of doubt and just assume you failed to read everything I have posted in this thread.

No comments ? I guess the potheads have gotten up yet.

I'll comment on this---I live in Colorado, and I am a conservative

The gold on our Capital building hasn't melted off because of legalization. Nope we don't have people stoned and sleeping on the side walks either. Marijuana related crime is non-existent in this state. This industry has provided a lot of new jobs in our state, and everyone is handling it just fine. Last month's sales grossed over 100 million dollars & our politicians like that. Our state tax revenue increased so much that they actually are debating giving some of our state tax dollars back to us this year.

You see we Coloradoan's thought it would be much better to give this new industry to ourselves instead of the violent Mexican drug Cartels. It's working. The drug cartels have less money--& Colorado is thriving with new revenue coming in. Furthermore, our prisons were built to keep VIOLENT offenders in. No one belongs in prison if they're non-violent. That's a total waste of taxpayer dollars.

Marijuana isn't a party line issue. We had very large Republican stronghold counties in Colorado vote for legalization. Including El Paso County, which is home to Focus on the Family. And as you can see Alaska--a very RED state also voted for legalization also, and Democrats are very hard to find up there.

So where do all of the Candidates stand on this issue.

GOP I have marked the worst in RED--questionable in BLUE--Black is O.K.
Rand Paul
-- supports legalization
Ted Cruz -- flip-flopped last February now respects States rights & will not intervene. Originally got on Obama for note going into states to break up the retail business of marijuana.
Carly Fiorina--respects states rights and will not intervene.
Ben Carson-- supports medical marijuana--but will not support legalization--believes it's a gateway drug
Mike Huckabee--completely opposed to any use of marijuana
Marco Rubio--supports the CBN of marijuana, but opposed medical marijuana in his state in 2014.
Jeb Bush--opposes both medical and recreational marijuana (even though he smoked it in High School) but says he will respect states rights.
Donald Trump--is against full legalization (no comment on if he respects states rights) Noted though that in 1990 Trump was for the legalization of all drugs.
Chris Christie---"You people in Colorado will smoke your last joint on January 19, 2016 if I am elected"--LOL
Rick Santorum--Will send in the feds to bust up legal marijuana. Doesn't respect States rights.
John Kasich--Totally opposed and considers Marijuana as bad as heroin.

DNC
Hillary Clinton--Clinton wants more research done on Medical Marijuana, doesn't want full legalization considers it a gateway drug. But she'll see do a wait and see on legal states before she sets a drug policy.
Bernie Sanders--wants it legal.

Hopefully this helps.

Last edited:
In fact the entire left has lied for years about this issue, and they have always gotten away with it.

Clinton and Sanders are wrong when it comes to pot and prison

Marijuana had a major moment at the Democratic presidential debate on Tuesday night, with Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders coming close to endorsing legalization, which is something no major candidate has so far been willing to do.

But as he explained his position – which drew multiple rounds of applause – he strayed from the facts, repeating a long-debunked myth about prisons overflowing with marijuana offenders. Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton stayed neutral on legalization, but made the same mistake as Sanders as she tried to connect marijuana legalization to prison reform.

CNN’s Juan Carlos Lopez set up the exchange by referencing the legalization movement in Nevada, one of at least a half dozen states that could follow Colorado, Washington, Oregon and Alaska in creating a regulated marijuana market.

“Sen. Sanders, right here in Nevada, there will be a measure to legalize recreational marijuana on the 2016 ballot,” said Cooper. “If you were a Nevada resident, how would you vote?”

“I suspect I would vote yes,” Sanders said.

Your link says 700,000 in jail for possession of marijuana

It doesn't go into how many for sale of marijuana or for three strikes involving marijuana

Why are we tying up our courts and prisons with this nonsense?

My link doesn't say that. Lie much ?

They found that about 700,000 people are arrested on possession charges every year, a large number to be sure. But virtually none of those folks end up in prison. In fact, fewer than 400 people are serving state or federal sentences for marijuana possession alone, and many of those people plead down to that charge, or have serious histories of violence, the authors concluded.

Probably the single most used cliche in America right now.
Not true. A "cliche" is a phrase or opinion that is over used. This is neither. This is a fact.

I probably come across the "pot-isn't-as-bad-as-alcohol" or a close facsimile argument a half dozen times a week now.
I live in Oregon, we've had medical marijuana for several years, and now recreational pot is legal. The stink is everywhere now, you can't walk down a city street, or into a neighborhood without smelling that rotten stink !!!
Two weeks ago a stoned driver in Portland killed a pedestrian, so now not only do we have drunk drivers, we're going to be seeing stoned drivers as well !
It took decades to finally be free of smokers ruining the air everywhere you went, I feel like I've been transported back in time, only now instead of cigarette smoke everywhere, it's becoming the stink of pot !
I swear I could kick the mother fuckers here in the face that have passed these new laws !!
I know. . . GD, Freedom SUCKS! Those Chicoms sure know how to rock the governments, don't they?

My favorite part of that movie, "Seven years in Tibet," is when the military comes in and wipes out the peaceful folks, isn't that great.? We should just put a bullet into all those peaceful folks heads, shouldn't we? Dirty smelling folks. Enjoying their life, fuck them.

(btw, you do know that folks that aren't high kill pedestrians as well? Just this year some ditzy bitch that was texting broadsided my car. So what of it? Being irresponsible has nothing to do with the drug, it has to do with the person. By your logic, we should ban guns. Wise up and keep your views consistent. Hypocrites are intolerable.)

Then keep your fucking pot stink out of my air !!
You bet. Show me the title and deed to "your air," and I'm sure folks will oblige you. Otherwise, walk away or plug your nose.

I live out in the country, and I don't lobby the politicians around here to eradicate the skunks in this area based on such nonsense.

There it is right there.
walk away or plug your nose.

The same argument smokers used many years ago.

In fact the entire left has lied for years about this issue, and they have always gotten away with it.

Marijuana had a major moment at the Democratic presidential debate on Tuesday night, with Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders coming close to endorsing legalization, which is something no major candidate has so far been willing to do.

But as he explained his position – which drew multiple rounds of applause – he strayed from the facts, repeating a long-debunked myth about prisons overflowing with marijuana offenders. Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton stayed neutral on legalization, but made the same mistake as Sanders as she tried to connect marijuana legalization to prison reform.

CNN’s Juan Carlos Lopez set up the exchange by referencing the legalization movement in Nevada, one of at least a half dozen states that could follow Colorado, Washington, Oregon and Alaska in creating a regulated marijuana market.

“Sen. Sanders, right here in Nevada, there will be a measure to legalize recreational marijuana on the 2016 ballot,” said Cooper. “If you were a Nevada resident, how would you vote?”

“I suspect I would vote yes,” Sanders said.

Your link says 700,000 in jail for possession of marijuana

It doesn't go into how many for sale of marijuana or for three strikes involving marijuana

Why are we tying up our courts and prisons with this nonsense?

Drug related offenses constitute over 50% of all US incarcerations, marijuana offenses constitute more than 1⁄4 of all drug related incarcerations.

Just How Much The War On Drugs Impacts Our Overcrowded Prisons, In One Chart
By Kathleen Miles
03/10/2014

America's prisons are dangerously overcrowded, and the war on drugs is mainly to blame.

Over 50 percent of inmates currently in federal prison are there for drug offenses, according to an infographic recently released by the Federal Bureau of Prisons (see chart below). That percentage has risen fairly consistently over decades, all the way from 16 percent in 1970.

The second-largest category, immigration-related crimes, accounts for 10.6 percent of inmates. This means that people convicted of two broad categories of nonviolent crimes -- drugs and immigration -- make up over 60 percent of the U.S. prison population.

U.S. Prison Population As Of Jan. 25, 2014

2014-03-06-Screenshot20140306at3.09.08PM.jpg

2014-03-06-Screenshot20140306at3.09.23PM.jpg

Data is limited due to the availability of offense-specific information.

And what was the drug of choice for those convicted of drug offenses? Marijuana, according to the U.S. Sentencing Commission (see chart below).

2014-03-06-OffendersDrugTypemostof2013.jpg
lai​

Are they in prison for marijuana only ? Did they plead down ?
My story from your Bible (MSNBC) claims there are fewer than 400 individuals serving time in federal or state prisons for pot alone.

Why the hell does my tax dollar go towards keeping nonviolent drug offenders in jail when we can't find money for healthcare or schools?

Why do we have 2.5 million people in jail? Are we crazy?

so should nicotine.....
I smoke so nicotine no.
I think all of my reasons have be covered in a fairly clear manner.
consider this, you seem to be the only one confused about this right now. I am going to give you the benefit of doubt and just assume you failed to read everything I have posted in this thread.
oh yea thats right....because thats the way Congress is....

It's not possible, for her to be pregnant some guy would have had to been able to get a woody around her. Cant see that happening. Viagra isn't even that strong.
Even if she went to a fertility clinic, somebody would have had to been able to look at her cootch without throwing up long enough to put sperm in her. Cant see that happening.

she cant be pregnant. for that matter, either can any female in the vicinity of her or a picture of her.
One has the impression you are not a Hillary fan.

Last edited:
Why the hell does my tax dollar go towards keeping nonviolent drug offenders in jail when we can't find money for healthcare or schools?

Why do we have 2.5 million people in jail? Are we crazy?
It is that plus corruption at several very high levels.

Marijuana prohibition generates mega-billions of dollars in illegal profits, much of which is diverted to payoffs from the local street-cop to high-level government officials. Other payoffs come from lobbyists who protect the interests of such corporations as the pharmaceutical and liquor industries, the bottom-lines of which would be negatively affected by legal marijuana, which has many medical applications (mainly as a tranquilizer). It produces a much more pleasing recreational effect than beverage alcohol with no hangover or medical consequences. And it's not addictive.

The piss-testing industry would also be negatively affected, as would many police unions, because if pot were legal one third of America's police could be laid off. More importantly, legal pot would mean the eventual end of the rising prison industrial complex.

So there is enormous pressure on legislators and influential officials to maintain marijuana prohibition. The pressure occurs in both direct and indirect forms of bribery.

Forum List

Back