Climategate, AP Not Impressed

Toronado3800

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2009
The Associated Press apparently analyzed the emails and isn't too alarmed.

Canadian source for an AP article
LONDON — E-mails stolen from climate scientists show they stonewalled skeptics and discussed hiding data -- but the messages don't support claims that the science of global warming was faked, according to an exhaustive review by The Associated Press.

The 1,073 e-mails examined by the AP show that scientists harboured private doubts, however slight and fleeting, even as they told the world they were certain about climate change. However, the exchanges don't undercut the vast body of evidence showing the world is warming because of man-made greenhouse gas emissions.

It goes on and on, has some pretty strong words to say about the fellas who ignored the Freedom of Information Act requests. Greater transparency should come of this.

Of course if it doesn't maybe I can convince the Mrs. we need another Alaskan vacation to see where them glaciers have moved to with perhaps a layover in Vegas so I can check for snow on Mt Charleston.

The Associated Press apparently analyzed the emails and isn't too alarmed.

Canadian source for an AP article
LONDON — E-mails stolen from climate scientists show they stonewalled skeptics and discussed hiding data -- but the messages don't support claims that the science of global warming was faked, according to an exhaustive review by The Associated Press.

The 1,073 e-mails examined by the AP show that scientists harboured private doubts, however slight and fleeting, even as they told the world they were certain about climate change. However, the exchanges don't undercut the vast body of evidence showing the world is warming because of man-made greenhouse gas emissions.

It goes on and on, has some pretty strong words to say about the fellas who ignored the Freedom of Information Act requests. Greater transparency should come of this.

Of course if it doesn't maybe I can convince the Mrs. we need another Alaskan vacation to see where them glaciers have moved to with perhaps a layover in Vegas so I can check for snow on Mt Charleston.

Already posted this. Isn't it telling that they used what 11 reporters to fact check Palin but only 5 for this.

Ah, but the wing nuts will be beating this dead horse for months to come.

Perhaps they can make enough copies to prevent another record melt of the north polar ice this year.

I heard this on the 24/7 news as well, that the emails (in context) do nothing to take away from global warming....

wonder who the thief was.... was this ever determined?

If the Warmergate thread is any indication. All of the people who are in the belief that Global Warming is fake have already had plenty of orgasms and have been getting drunk in celebration since this first came out.

Guess their hangover is going to suck even worse when they find out this little tidbit. :lol:

determines they do nothing to change the science of global warming.

Must read AP analysis of stolen emails: An “exhaustive review” shows “the exchanges don’t undercut the vast body of evidence showing the world is warming because of man-made greenhouse gas emissions.” « Climate Progress

And I read this is a local conservative newspaper also. So, Limbaugh will be beating a dead horse for months to come...HA!

Then why have we have 11 years of cooling temperatures while CO2 emmisions have risen? Would someone please answer that question. I wanna know.

As the warming continues into the coming decade, we should all remind the brainless trolls just how badly they have been misled. Not that they will admit it, they are still insisting that WMD were in Iraq.

April 1945

Eva Braun rereads Mein Kampf and redoubles her resolve to make her stand in the bunker

As the warming continues into the coming decade, we should all remind the brainless trolls just how badly they have been misled. Not that they will admit it, they are still insisting that WMD were in Iraq.

What warming?

The Associated Press has emerged as one of the leaders in climate science reporting — just by actually talking to leading independent scientists and experts about major stories.

Riiiiight.....Clemenza and Tessio just vouched for Don Vito. :rolleyes:

And so the FBI said, Phil Jones said THIS and Phil Jones said THAT so I said, "Yeah! Sure!"

Yeah...The media slugs, whose access to the "insiders" is critical to continue their never-ending story on manmade Armageddon, are the best ones to vouch for their trustworthiness.

I don't know if those schlubbs could be less credible if they hired Baghdad Bob himself.

And so the FBI said, Phil Jones said THIS and Phil Jones said THAT so I said, "Yeah! Sure!"
250px-Frank_Pentangeli.JPG

Actually, that's going to be Tony Blair next year during his interview with a committee next year on the Iraq War.

Instead of Phil Jones however, he'll be saying "George W. Bush said THIS and George W. Bush said THAT" so I said, "Yeah! Sure!"

;)

determines they do nothing to change the science of global warming.

Must read AP analysis of stolen emails: An “exhaustive review” shows “the exchanges don’t undercut the vast body of evidence showing the world is warming because of man-made greenhouse gas emissions.” « Climate Progress

And I read this is a local conservative newspaper also. So, Limbaugh will be beating a dead horse for months to come...HA!

Then why have we have 11 years of cooling temperatures while CO2 emmisions have risen? Would someone please answer that question. I wanna know.

I want to know why you are so damned stupid. The last eleven years have seen record temperatures. Even 2008, with a strong and persistant La Nina, and a solar minimum, ranked eighth or ninth warmest ever.

1998 had an exceptionally strong El Nino. So if you start you line there, you get a slight cooling up to 2009. Should you start your line at 1997, or 1999, you get a slight increase. But if you go with a median line from 1880 until present., you see a continued strong rise.

Your cooling is a product of dishonest use of medians. But then, that does not matter at all to you, does it. Much more important to disprove an inconvenient truth, than to acknowledge reality.

Yeah...The media slugs, whose access to the "insiders" is critical to continue their never-ending story on manmade Armageddon, are the best ones to vouch for their trustworthiness.

I don't know if those schlubbs could be less credible if they hired Baghdad Bob himself.

Why do they need Baghdad Bob? They have Howdy Dooodeeee.........:lol:

Forum List

Back