Climategate, AP Not Impressed

Remember everybody, supposedly now a few scientists represent them all. Remember to apply that logic elsewhere in your life to everything else. :D

Remember everybody, supposedly now a few scientists represent them all. Remember to apply that logic elsewhere in your life to everything else. :D
Nice mischaracterization....You're usually not this intellectually dishonest.

When the inner circle destroys information and locks out all contravening views, then even the honest scientists only have cooked information upon which to base their further studies.

When the inner circle destroys information and locks out all contravening views, then even the honest scientists only have cooked information upon which to base their further studies.

Mischaracterization? No.

You expect the work of a few scientists to deframe all of the others work. THAT is mischaracterization Dude.

determines they do nothing to change the science of global warming.

Must read AP analysis of stolen emails: An “exhaustive review” shows “the exchanges don’t undercut the vast body of evidence showing the world is warming because of man-made greenhouse gas emissions.” « Climate Progress

And I read this is a local conservative newspaper also. So, Limbaugh will be beating a dead horse for months to come...HA!

Then why have we have 11 years of cooling temperatures while CO2 emmisions have risen? Would someone please answer that question. I wanna know.

Because your information is SIMPLY INCORRECT, and propaganda that lacks in any true scientific measure.

Statisticians reject global cooling
Some skeptics claim Earth is cooling despite contrary data
by Seth Borenstein, AP Science Writer, October 26, 2009

WASHINGTON - An analysis of global temperatures by independent statisticians shows the Earth is still warming and not cooling as some global warming skeptics are claiming.

The analysis was conducted at the request of The Associated Press to investigate the legitimacy of talk of a cooling trend that has been spreading on the Internet, fueled by some news reports, a new book and temperatures that have been cooler in a few recent years.

In short, it is not true, according to the statisticians who contributed to the AP analysis.

The statisticians, reviewing two sets of temperature data, found no trend of falling temperatures over time.

2005 hottest year recorded

U.S. government data show the decade that ends in December will be the warmest in 130 years of record-keeping, and 2005 was the hottest year recorded.

In a blind test, the AP gave temperature data to four independent statisticians and asked them to look for trends, without telling them what the numbers represented. The experts found no true temperature declines over time.

Since 1998, temperatures have dipped, soared, fallen again and are now rising once more. Records kept by the British meteorological office and satellite data used by climate skeptics still show 1998 as the hottest year. However, data from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and NASA show 2005 has topped 1998. Published peer-reviewed scientific research generally cites temperatures measured by ground sensors, which are from NOAA, NASA and the British, more than the satellite data.

The recent Internet chatter about cooling led NOAA's climate data center to re-examine its temperature data. It found no cooling trend.

"The last 10 years are the warmest 10-year period of the modern record," said NOAA climate monitoring chief Deke Arndt. "Even if you analyze the trend during that 10 years, the trend is actually positive, which means warming."

The AP sent expert statisticians to analyze NOAA's year-to-year ground temperature changes over 130 years and the 30 years of satellite-measured temperatures preferred by skeptics and gathered by scientists at the University of Alabama in Huntsville.

Statisticians who analyzed the data found a distinct decades-long upward trend in the numbers, but could not find a significant drop in the past 10 years in either data set. The ups and downs during the last decade repeat random variability in data as far back as 1880.

continued here: Climate Change: The Next Generation: Seth Borenstein: Global cooling rejected by statisticians

April 1945

Eva Braun rereads Mein Kampf and redoubles her resolve to make her stand in the bunker

Yes, because comparing people who disagree with you to Nazis is definitely not partisan hackery. :rolleyes:

The American Left has borrowed heavily from all of their heroes and role model: Hitler, Uncle Joe Stalin and Chairman Mao.

If the goosestep fits, wear it

As the warming continues into the coming decade, we should all remind the brainless trolls just how badly they have been misled. Not that they will admit it, they are still insisting that WMD were in Iraq.

ZOMG! Tell Phil Jones to Unresign!

The Fool forgot to read his own emails, which exonerate him

And so the FBI said, Phil Jones said THIS and Phil Jones said THAT so I said, "Yeah! Sure!"

Actually, that's going to be Tony Blair next year during his interview with a committee next year on the Iraq War.

Instead of Phil Jones however, he'll be saying "George W. Bush said THIS and George W. Bush said THAT" so I said, "Yeah! Sure!"

;)

Topic: Fake "Science" of Global Warming

Must read AP analysis of stolen emails: An “exhaustive review” shows “the exchanges don’t undercut the vast body of evidence showing the world is warming because of man-made greenhouse gas emissions.” « Climate Progress

And I read this is a local conservative newspaper also. So, Limbaugh will be beating a dead horse for months to come...HA!

Then why have we have 11 years of cooling temperatures while CO2 emmisions have risen? Would someone please answer that question. I wanna know.

I want to know why you are so damned stupid. The last eleven years have seen record temperatures. Even 2008, with a strong and persistant La Nina, and a solar minimum, ranked eighth or ninth warmest ever.

1998 had an exceptionally strong El Nino. So if you start you line there, you get a slight cooling up to 2009. Should you start your line at 1997, or 1999, you get a slight increase. But if you go with a median line from 1880 until present., you see a continued strong rise.

Your cooling is a product of dishonest use of medians. But then, that does not matter at all to you, does it. Much more important to disprove an inconvenient truth, than to acknowledge reality.

I can tell you right now, that we have had the coolest summer in 09 than we have had in 15 years, and so far this winter is colder than a well digger's ass. Last year was no picnic either, freezing ass cold. So if you can provide that weather chart than do so, but I am not experiencing any warming in my area and have never felt or seen ANY EVIDENCE that man has created this global warming. I don't deny climate change but that has occured even before man was here.

Thousands of years ago the planet was covered in ice, that changed before man even came on the scene. You can't blame man for that thaw out.

Wait. You idiots are still stuck on the notion that deminimus increases of 150 part per million of the trace element CO2 are responsible for "Global Warming"

That's hysterical!

Okay, the Associated Press read all the frigin e-mails looking for a smoking gun and found nothing, except a bunch of arrogant intellectuals. Who here has read all the e-mails? And yet, Lush Rimbaugh will be singing his fraud theory for years to come. You know why?

Because you idiots listen to the drug addict and help him to become rich off of spewing lies. You should all be proud! You probably helped him buy a few drugs this week.

i don't think co2 is the ONLY reason we ARE warming, solar flare cycles definitely contributes to the warming trend.

I saw a science program on tv that actually explained how CO2 SAVED US from the ice age being permanent, soooooo God bless CO2 for that....! but this only confirms higher CO2 levels in the atmosphere DO WARM US.

Mischaracterization? No.

You expect the work of a few scientists to deframe all of the others work. THAT is mischaracterization Dude.

East Anglia emails discuss framing info so that the data supports the stated goals and also discuss methods by which calculations can be made using a "trick" to show warming. We also know that EA destroyed their raw data so there is no way to check the calculations for accuracy.

We know that Dr. Hansen has retroactively adjusted every temperature before 1999 in a way that accentuates a warming trend adding a total of 1 full degree to the increase in warming.

We know that NASA, GISS and NOAA all share info.

So, we are pretty sure that HadCru, GISS, NASA and NOAA all cook the numbers and are all in agreement.

What else do we need to know?

Are there any other scientists in this field with greater credibility than these?

How 'bout we say 'fuck whatever the AP says' and just see the fucking data?

Ah, but the wing nuts will be beating this dead horse for months to come.

Perhaps they can make enough copies to prevent another record melt of the north polar ice this year.

Data regarding short-term changes in worldwide temperature don't in themselves illustrate to what extent, if any, human activity is driving the changes. Show us historical parallels where conditions were similar save for the human element and how recent events differ. Show us a direct correlation between certain manmade pollution and a certain change in the climate (wither worldwide temperature, the ocean currents- whatever you claim its affecting) that is independent of other factors (the influence seems to be consistent even when other, natural factors change)

The Associated Press has emerged as one of the leaders in climate science reporting — just by actually talking to leading independent scientists and experts about major stories.

Riiiiight.....Clemenza and Tessio just vouched for Don Vito. :rolleyes:

Change 'Dude' to 'Terral' and put that in a thread about the 9/11 Commission and I couldn't tell the posts apart.

I would imagine that in a non-linear system as complex as the Earth's weather systems, there would be more than only CO^2 levels influencing local and world average temperature readings

You will find the wing nuts will cling to anything. Very rarely get into the substance of it, just the sounds bites.

Just like they cracked on about "kerry voted for it, before he voted against it" crap. Get them to read into anything for more than five minutes and they get bored...

The reactionaries don't want to look at the data, they want to lie about the intepretation of the evidence.

The reactionaries don't want to look at the data, they want to lie about the intepretation of the evidence.

The Liars purged the data remember?

East Anglia Restaurant and School For Climate Fiction: "How would you like your data cooked?"

Forum List

Back