CDZ Climate Denial or Climate Dishonesty?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by jwoodie, Jun 23, 2017.

1. jwoodie

jwoodie Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,173
    Check out the projected days over 104 degrees after 2020 and compare them with the actual days over 104 degrees from 1960 to the present:

June 21, 2017 3:05 PM
    Sick of Sacramento days above 104°? Scientists say your kids will see a lot more of them
    By Phillip Reese

preese@sacbee.com

Sacramento likely will see its fifth straight day of temperatures above 104 degrees on Thursday, an unusually intense heat wave.

Such heat waves will be the norm if greenhouse gas emissions continue to rise over the rest of the century, according to projections by the Scripps Institution of Oceanography at UC San Diego.

Sacramento saw an average of four days each year when temperatures exceeded 104 degrees between 1960 and 2000.

Sacramento will see an average of 40 days each year with temperatures above 104 degrees between 2070 and 2100 if emissions continue to rise strongly through 2050 and plateau around 2100, according to the UC San Diego projections. For comparison, Tucson, AZ, saw about 30 days that hot last year.

That model predicts that Sacramento will begin to see several days with temperatures above 104 degrees in May and October as soon as the next decade.

A more hopeful scenario assumes the state will cut back emissions so they peak around 2040, then begin to decline. It provides a slightly rosier picture: 28 Sacramento days per year with temperatures over 104 degrees by 2100, with extreme heat in May and October beginning around 2040.

This chart shows the projected number of 100 degree days in Sacramento under the two scenarios. It uses the second generation Canadian Earth System Model, a widely-disseminated climate model developed by the Canadian government.

Data Tracker is a regular feature that breaks down the numbers behind today’s news. Explore more trends at sacbee.com/datatracker.

Phillip Reese: 916-321-1137, @PhillipHReese

Notice anything interesting? While the actual number of days over 104 degrees has remained constant over the past six decades, the projected number of days over 104 degrees for the next six decades is up to 10 times greater! How is it that all of the emissions of the last 60 years has had no effect on the number of these days, but the effects of emissions during the next 60 years will have an astronomical effect?

The answer is that this ludicrous claim is based on a concocted "model" which is completely devoid of empirical data. In our society, fake science is every bit as prevalent as fake news.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  2. bear513

bear513 Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,195
    I always like how the left say they are for the poor yet won't tell them the real facts on the Paris accord and the money involved.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Weatherman2020

Weatherman2020 Educating Libs Since 1978

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,538
    You chicken littles need to get your lies straight before spewing them.

Absolute proof global warming is real
    ' Something the global heating Denialists should be forced to write on the blackboard 1,000 times after school : WEATHER IS NOT CLIMATE...

Come on, cons. You loved to talk about snow in Boston...now please talk about heat in Iran please
    Weather is not climate.

Warm weather causes 40' wall of snow isolates town
    Weather is not climate.

Climate is Weather
    No, weather is not climate.

997 record highs in the last week
    Newsflash Chris - weather is not climate.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. jwoodie

jwoodie Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,173
    Why don't you address the "findings" cited in the OP?

P.S. Your "chicken little" reference is pathetically misplaced...

5. Zander

Zander Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,997
    The key word is "PROJECTED". From a "model".

Q: Which of the climate "models" from the past 20 years have been able to accurately predict today's weather?

A: None of them.

:rofl:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Weatherman2020

Weatherman2020 Educating Libs Since 1978

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,538
    Maybe DiCaprio can fly his private jet 8,000 miles to get another environmental award.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +557
    All valid points.

End result is for some reason the world is getting warmer. Me being conservative, I am going to back mildly stricter standards instead of liberally looking at one flowing glacier and thinking the ice caps are expanding.

I'm not gonna take away your car, heck, I own 3 cars which EACH HAVE 250 to 350 HP.

But sure, lets not cripple our economy so much we can't fight the Chinese but lets not be lazy and not prod alomg a littld tougher emissions standards.

Anyways, if the ice age was coming and you wanted to stop it, what would you do?

8. Dan Stubbs

Dan Stubbs forget....Hell Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +985
    I don't trust anything coming out of Canada now days, Progressives have it fully tied up in knots and control most if not all of the main media outlets. Talked with several people from there and they agree that things have changed for the worst up north. I think this is why many are moving to the U.S>A for more freedom. Who would ever have expected that to happen.

9. Toronado3800

Toronado3800 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +557
    Well then, lets take it one step at a time.

Are glaciers almost world wide retreating?

The answer is yes.

Oceans also seem to be rising.

From that I believe it is almost certain the world is getting warmer.

Now we are down to the possible causes:
    solar output
    orbital changes
    natural cycles
    man made greenhouse gases
    urban heat islands (my own from my horticultural experiences)

Perhaps we aren't all that different. What do you think we should do?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. FA_Q2

FA_Q2 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,356
    Whatever one model may have stated or not the fact does remain that weather does not reflect overall climate.
    A shift in global temperatures WILL make simple places COLDER and others warmer - that is a fact.

I would add that anyone trying to predict overall weather trends is an a single city or state clearly is not bothering with science whatsoever - there are simply to many variables to consider.