Climate Change Likely Caused Deadly 2016 Avalanche In Tibet

“Glacial collapse is unprecedented in western Tibet, which for decades has resisted the effects of climate change while glaciers in southern and eastern Tibet have melted at an accelerating rate.”

Well, it is possible. What do you think?
I think it must be the first avalanche in the history of the world. :cuckoo:

“Glacial collapse is unprecedented in western Tibet, which for decades has resisted the effects of climate change while glaciers in southern and eastern Tibet have melted at an accelerating rate.”

You do realize that we are 1.4C to 2.4C below the peak temperature of three of the last four interglacials, right? Which means that we are still within the norm of what we can expect to see from our present interglacial cycle, which means that your fears of man made global warming are irrational and without merit.

upload_2016-12-11_8-54-54-png.101562

Solar minimum, solar maximum. Man has nothing to do with it. Your carbon footprint is to the sun as your spit is to the ocean. It has no impact. This warming trend was caused by a solar flare tsunami. It has settled down now. We're going to make it....

tycho, your sig meme is beautiful.

So what? It's tragic but there isn't anything we can do about it.

Sure it did. Did you know that climate change is responsible for EVERY single death in the whole wide world? Well. It is "possible". Can you think?

Yep, posting the opinions of real scientist makes me a idiot...Insane backwards people.
The most important fact about the avalanche, said Thompson, is that it lasted only four or five minutes (according to witnesses), yet it managed to bury 3.7 square miles of the valley floor in that time. He said something–likely meltwater at the base of the glacier–must have lubricated the ice to speed its flow down the mountain.

“Given the rate at which the event occurred and the area covered, I think it could only happen in the presence of meltwater,” Thompson said. Other nearby glaciers may be vulnerable, he added, “but unfortunately as of today, we have no ability to predict such disasters.”

Last edited:
Yep, posting the opinions of real scientist makes me a idiot...Insane backwards people.
The most important fact about the avalanche, said Thompson, is that it lasted only four or five minutes (according to witnesses), yet it managed to bury 3.7 square miles of the valley floor in that time. He said something–likely meltwater at the base of the glacier–must have lubricated the ice to speed its flow down the mountain.

“Given the rate at which the event occurred and the area covered, I think it could only happen in the presence of meltwater,” Thompson said. Other nearby glaciers may be vulnerable, he added, “but unfortunately as of today, we have no ability to predict such disasters.”
I think you have something on your nose.

images

Your an idiot because you can not think critically or cognitively before posting crap..

But the backward people....................are winning!!:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::up:

Articles: Pruitt to Dismantle EPA Climate Agenda

Forum List

Back