Cleveland Police Killed 12-Year-Old Black Boy in Less than 2 Seconds

Yeah, it's just black people causing all these problems.

"Loehman, 26, shot Rice between 1.5 and 2 seconds after pulling up in a patrol car, according to Deputy Chief Ed Tomba. The vehicle was driven by veteran Cleveland police officer Frank Garmback, 46."""

Video in fatal shooting of Cleveland boy, 12, released by police
Cleveland police say officer Timothy Loehman fatally shot Tamir Rice 12 within seconds of pulling up in patrol car - CBS News
Here's the air soft pistol used you tell me in a split second from a distance could you tell if this was an air soft gun or not?
azqFbCH.png

What the fuck is wrong with people? Cops says put your hands up, you don't reach for a (airsoft) gun

Sorry, but even a 12 year old should know that.

I am sad that a child was killed, but it's his own fault. Or rather, it's someone's fault for not teaching him better.

Wait.
Tamir Rice shooting Officers were not told the gun could be fake or that suspect was juvenile - newsnet5.com Cleveland

Dig deeper, toots. The initial dispatcher took the call and forwarded it to the police dispatcher who failed to mention that the 911 caller stated TWICE that the gun could be fake.

Video: Boy with air gun was shot 2 seconds after Cleveland police arrived
"""The dispatcher radioed to officers about a black male who was "pointing a gun at people," but did not mention that caller's belief that he could be a minor and that the gun might not be a real firearm, one of the released recordings shows.
Police previously said it wasn't clear if the responding officers received the information about the suspect's age or the gun possibly being fake."""

Video of Cleveland police shooting of boy released - CNN.com

"Loehman, 26, shot Rice between 1.5 and 2 seconds after pulling up in a patrol car, according to Deputy Chief Ed Tomba. The vehicle was driven by veteran Cleveland police officer Frank Garmback, 46."""

Cleveland police say officer Timothy Loehman fatally shot Tamir Rice 12 within seconds of pulling up in patrol car - CBS News
Here's the air soft pistol used you tell me in a split second from a distance could you tell if this was an air soft gun or not?
azqFbCH.png

The cop that shot the kid said the kid was 20 years old, too. I can't believe you idiots are trying to rationalize this.

What the fuck is wrong with people? Cops says put your hands up, you don't reach for a (airsoft) gun

I am sad that a child was killed, but it's his own fault. Or rather, it's someone's fault for not teaching him better.

Wait.
Tamir Rice shooting Officers were not told the gun could be fake or that suspect was juvenile - newsnet5.com Cleveland

Dig deeper, toots. The initial dispatcher took the call and forwarded it to the police dispatcher who failed to mention that the 911 caller stated TWICE that the gun could be fake.

"""The dispatcher radioed to officers about a black male who was "pointing a gun at people," but did not mention that caller's belief that he could be a minor and that the gun might not be a real firearm, one of the released recordings shows.
Police previously said it wasn't clear if the responding officers received the information about the suspect's age or the gun possibly being fake."""

I know, dirtbag.

And there are obviously some who don't even have the decency to recognize this as the tragedy it is.

I'm sure some will say that he didn't look 12, or that he was in a gang, or that his pants were sagging. You know, that he deserved it.

azqFbCH.png

The cop that shot the kid said the kid was 20 years old, too. I can't believe you idiots are trying to rationalize this.
I'm not trying to rationalize defend of criticize the shooting. I wasn't there you have as much information on the shooting as anyone else not connected with the police department. I'm going with my experience and training as a former police officer. But you said the shooting happen in less than two seconds. It didn't the air soft pistol looks like the real thing from a distance and with just a couple of seconds to react.

Wait.

What part of this do you morons not get. The police are NOT trained to base their decisions off of what eyewitnesses say

What kind of dumb ass cop would say "hey partner, let's roll but an eyewitness says this gun is probably fake, so no reason to use caution?"

Yeah, a dead cop.

Is it a tragedy that a 12 was shot? You bet it is, but the tragedy lies with his upbringing which led to HIS decisions, not the police officer's decisions.

Why don't some of you ignorant fucking liberals try becoming a police officer if it's all so easy?

Oh please just go fuck yourself, if you haven't already. You're saying a 12-year-old should have the sense and responses of an adult.
He had the guile to take the safety orange muzzle off so he could fool people into thinking he had a real gun.

Another case of stupid kills.

I saw this video. And im a fair man.

The cops may get indicted on this. I see problems. They pulled up FAR too close for a possibly armed person. Especially if the passenger side officer is getting out.

That was a VERY dumb move tactically. ..and it may end up with them being charged. At the least...they did not respond as trained and will lose a civil charge. No academy in America teaches pulling up that close.

I saw this video. And im a fair man.

The cops may get indicted on this. I see problems. They pulled up FAR too close for a possibly armed person. Especially if the passenger side officer is getting out.

That was a VERY dumb move tactically. ..and it may end up with them being charged. At the least...they did not respond as trained and will lose a civil charge. No academy in America teaches pulling up that close.

It gave them almost no reactionary gap.

It's looking like a break down in communication via dispatch.

It doesn't matter. The kid should NOT have reached for that gun. PERIOD.

He shouldn't have had it and been waving it around at people. The orange tip should not have been removed. He shouldn't have been 12.

It only takes a matter of seconds for a nightmare to occur in miscommunication or had this been a real gun or 5 other things that can be thought of and another 25 that somebody didn't even conceive of. It really is that damn fast.

Any extra information might have been helpful.

The cops must go to trial.
That way we can see a full and fair enquiry into this shooting.

What strikes me most is, the cops were trained to shoot at the first sign of a gun, something that's highly unlikely in the UK.

A twelve years mind isn't as sophisticated as some people are implying. He may have removed the orange piece long before his last day on Earth. Kids do things like that. And kids point their play guns at people because to them they are playing or emulating shows they see on TV or video games, they aren't adults! I'm around kids all the time, I don't how many times I have seen kids play with toy guns. I'm sure I did the same thing when I was a kid. I had play guns and I remember playing war, cops and robbers; etc. I think there are people here who forget what they were like when they were kids.
This is an unfortunate thing that has happened. I don't fault the cops. Based on all the BS going on around the country (Ferguson/gangs/nutjobs with guns), many people would be on edge, including cops and in particular rookie cops.
I wish people would stop being very judgmental here.
This also isn't Ferguson. Read this.
========================================================
"Hundreds of demonstrators blocked traffic in parts of downtown Cleveland Tuesday, while sitting in a major intersection. They then marched past city hall and chanted in support of Rice's family.

The crowd chanted, "No justice, no peace" and, "Hands up, don't shoot," a rally cry first coined in the days after Brown's August death.

In the statement, the family urged calm.

"We understand that some of you are hurt, angry and sad about our loss," the statement read. "But let's use those emotions in a way that will contribute to positive efforts and solutions that bring change to Cleveland, Northeast Ohio and cities across the nation as it relates to how law enforcement officials interact with citizens of color."
========================================================
Now think about it and some of you stop being reactionaries.

Last edited:
The cops must go to trial.
That way we can see a full and fair enquiry into this shooting.

What strikes me most is, the cops were trained to shoot at the first sign of a gun, something that's highly unlikely in the UK.
No. I say a grand jury like officer Wilson got which was fair and just.

Forum List

Back