Clearly the GOP violated the Logan Act. Should they be prosecuted?

the hypocrisy is conservatives

Stopped reading here. Why don't we discuss our views? Why are you so obsessed with what Republicans think you deem it necessary to make that the topic of every discussion?

I asked how Republicans violated the Logan act, specifically. That is about what they did, not what your opinion of them is
Is it Republicans who are the subject of the deal with Iran? What is the thread title?

Yes, what Republicans did, not your opinion of them which is what you wanted to discuss. I don't give a shit what your opinion of them is. I think they suck. The thread and my question is how they actually violated the Logan act since the OP gave no answer and you supported it
read the history of the act and how this issue has not been challenged in the high court yet

...dopey, this is the definition of non sequitur: a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement...

non sequitur...

2. a statement (as a response) that does not follow logically from or is not clearly related to anything previously said

Non sequitur - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

As with so many phrases, including those dating back to antiquity, there is more than one familiar usage or meaning to such a phrase, as illustrated above.

It is usually the unimaginative and myopic one-dimensional types that lose sight of such truths in the construction and history and usage of language.

:cuckoo: Kondor3 's crystal ball has been known to be cloudy, cloudy, cloudy
When the Supreme Leader of the Iranian religious autocracy publicly denounces the terms announced by the United States, to be inaccurate, and/or a downright lie, well...

And given that we are dealing with religious fanatics who routinely encourage martyrdom and who are aggressively pursuing Shia Militarism throughout the region...

Well, mine good colleague, it doesn't really take much of a crystal ball to predict such things (as a No-Deal scenario) in advance, does it?

Pretty much what the Pubs expected of the Iranian ayatollahs all along.

That's not crediting them with an over-abundance of ability to predict the future...

Just more common sense than your average fourth-grade elementary school unicorns-and-rainbows school-child...

Something regrettably and embarrassingly lacking in the Obumbe Administration... in either the White House OR the State Department...

Your boy screwed the pooch, the Pubs called it, and now you're upset...

As you should be...

But at the wrong people...
again :cuckoo:

what did you predict right before the 2012 Presidential election?
No, Dante, it's not screwy...

It's dead on target... entirely rational, and very common-sense -focused in nature.

It really did not require a crystal ball, to predict that those dikkwads in Tehran would repudiate anything even remotely representing an actual agreement preventing them from acquiring nuclear weapons...

And I have no idea what you are referring to, in connection with me and the 2012 general election...

Especially in light of the fact that I voted for Obumble, as a lesser evil than Mittens (Mister Forty-Seven Percent)...

Non sequitur.
dopey, this is the definition of non sequitur: a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.

asking you in an aside about 2012 cannot be construed as being a non sequitur, unless of course you have an extremely poor grasp of the English language. now...

Your opinions are not 'dead on target' they are more of alarmist and paranoid views bereft of reason and rationality
You declaring my opinions as thus does not ipso facto render them as thus...

If you genuinely believe that the Iranians are interested in negotiating-away their right to develop nuclear weapons, then you're just as big a fool as Neville Chamberlain.

Yeah, yeah, yeah and nutjobs like you said the same thing when Reagan made deals with the Soviets in 1987. Alarmist and paranoid and playing the Neville card? Simply wonderful :clap2:

No one can stop the Iranians or anyone else from eventually getting a nuke if they truly want one. That is a truth you ignore. The facts are the Iranians need to be brought into the community of nations again so they can be dealt with...rogue nations have no interests in playing nice or fair...see North Korea

you're an alarmist and a paranoid freak

...Should? President Obama is the duly elected President of the United States of America, the Chief Executive. What he should do is not up to weirdos like you. What he can do is the subject of this thread
What he SHOULD do is the business of each and every citizen of the United States, AND this thread.

So what is the Logan Act? Unless you're familiar with rarely used, early American laws, you may have never heard of it.

It reads:

"Any citizen of the United States, wherever he may be, who, without authority of the United States, directly or indirectly commences or carries on any correspondence or intercourse with any foreign government or any officer or agent thereof, with intent to influence the measures or conduct of any foreign government or of any officer or agent thereof, in relation to any disputes or controversies with the United States, or to defeat the measures of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.

"This section shall not abridge the right of a citizen to apply, himself or his agent, to any foreign government or the agents thereof for redress of any injury which he may have sustained from such government or any of its agents or subjects."

Why The GOP Iran Letter Is Spurring Debate Over An 18th Century Law The Two-Way NPR

--------------------

A felony punishable by fine and three years in prison. What do you think? After what they've done to this president and to the country, should they be prosecuted?

Okay, but first go after Bill Clinton, Jane Fonda, and John Kerry for their traitorous acts on foreign soil during the Vietnam War.
Then go after Ted Kennedy (dig the bastard up and hang him), Nancy Pelosi, and half the Democrats in Congress for the same during George 'Dubya' Bush's Presidency.

there you go again...

predictably stupid

Oh, so the Logan Act only applies to Republicans?

You can't reply to the substance of my post so you resort to attacking my intelligence, again. You are the predictable one.

The charges of violations have been lobbed by all sides. That is what Dante has said because those are the facts. It has yet to be ruled upon

get a grip

When the Supreme Leader of the Iranian religious autocracy publicly denounces the terms announced by the United States, to be inaccurate, and/or a downright lie, well...

And given that we are dealing with religious fanatics who routinely encourage martyrdom and who are aggressively pursuing Shia Militarism throughout the region...

Well, mine good colleague, it doesn't really take much of a crystal ball to predict such things (as a No-Deal scenario) in advance, does it?

Pretty much what the Pubs expected of the Iranian ayatollahs all along.

That's not crediting them with an over-abundance of ability to predict the future...

Just more common sense than your average fourth-grade elementary school unicorns-and-rainbows school-child...

Something regrettably and embarrassingly lacking in the Obumbe Administration... in either the White House OR the State Department...

Your boy screwed the pooch, the Pubs called it, and now you're upset...

As you should be...

But at the wrong people...
again :cuckoo:

what did you predict right before the 2012 Presidential election?
No, Dante, it's not screwy...

It's dead on target... entirely rational, and very common-sense -focused in nature.

It really did not require a crystal ball, to predict that those dikkwads in Tehran would repudiate anything even remotely representing an actual agreement preventing them from acquiring nuclear weapons...

And I have no idea what you are referring to, in connection with me and the 2012 general election...

Especially in light of the fact that I voted for Obumble, as a lesser evil than Mittens (Mister Forty-Seven Percent)...

Non sequitur.
dopey, this is the definition of non sequitur: a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.

asking you in an aside about 2012 cannot be construed as being a non sequitur, unless of course you have an extremely poor grasp of the English language. now...

Your opinions are not 'dead on target' they are more of alarmist and paranoid views bereft of reason and rationality
You declaring my opinions as thus does not ipso facto render them as thus...

If you genuinely believe that the Iranians are interested in negotiating-away their right to develop nuclear weapons, then you're just as big a fool as Neville Chamberlain.

Yeah, yeah, yeah and nutjobs like you said the same thing when Reagan made deals with the Soviets in 1987. Alarmist and paranoid and playing the Neville card? Simply wonderful :clap2:

No one can stop the Iranians or anyone else from eventually getting a nuke if they truly want one. That is a truth you ignore. The facts are the Iranians need to be brought into the community of nations again so they can be dealt with...rogue nations have no interests in playing nice or fair...see North Korea

you're an alarmist and a paranoid freak
What?

Go fuck yourself.

...Should? President Obama is the duly elected President of the United States of America, the Chief Executive. What he should do is not up to weirdos like you. What he can do is the subject of this thread
What he SHOULD do is the business of each and every citizen of the United States, AND this thread.

ggod gawd, another Bumper sicker slogan?

Good grief Kondor Brown!

Good grief Kondor Brown!
It is the business of each and every citizen of this country, to monitor and pass judgment upon the actions of those who govern us.

Do you dispute this principle?

...dopey, this is the definition of non sequitur: a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement...

non sequitur...

2. a statement (as a response) that does not follow logically from or is not clearly related to anything previously said

As with so many phrases, including those dating back to antiquity, there is more than one familiar usage or meaning to such a phrase, as illustrated above.

It is usually the unimaginative and myopic one-dimensional types that lose sight of such truths in the construction and history and usage of language.

clearly you're much denser than previously assumed.

the aside, the question, was NOT a response. get IT?

clue: a statement (as a response)

Stopped reading here. Why don't we discuss our views? Why are you so obsessed with what Republicans think you deem it necessary to make that the topic of every discussion?

I asked how Republicans violated the Logan act, specifically. That is about what they did, not what your opinion of them is
Is it Republicans who are the subject of the deal with Iran? What is the thread title?

Yes, what Republicans did, not your opinion of them which is what you wanted to discuss. I don't give a shit what your opinion of them is. I think they suck. The thread and my question is how they actually violated the Logan act since the OP gave no answer and you supported it
read the history of the act and how this issue has not been challenged in the high court yet

Yes, you don't know how the Republicans violated the Logan act, you mentioned that. Certainly explains you posting they did. They are Republicans, right? They must have...

Good grief Kondor Brown!
It is the business of each and every citizen of this country, to monitor and pass judgment upon the actions of those who govern us.

Another bumper sticker slogan? Principle? Did you just pull this out of your arse?

Yes, you don't know how the Republicans violated the Logan act, you mentioned that. Certainly explains you posting they did. They are Republicans, right? They must have...

a simple search will educate you. try it before you soil yourself again

non sequitur...

If you hit the "reply" button to create the post, then it was both literally and figuratively a 'response' - part of the feedback you provided in connection with previous postings.

Absolutely, go after 'em full speed.

Then they can prosecute whoever for Bengahzi or whatever.

Then hopefully all you partisan ideologues will be kept so busy that the adults can start trying to fix things.

Ready, set, go!

Because terrorists attacking a US ambassador who refused to leave is exactly the same as scuttling Nuclear Proliferation Talks. Got it.

Yes, Democrats are certainly working hard to proliferate nuclear weapons. You hate anyone to interfere with that effort

Good grief Kondor Brown!

Another bumper sticker slogan? Principle? Did you just pull this out of your arse?
Answer the question...

Is it, or is it not, the business of every citizen of this country, to monitor and pass judgement upon the actions of those who govern us?

Yes or No?

Or does the close scrutiny and criticism of The Governed constitute an impediment to your Emperor's activities?

Is it, or is it not, the business of every citizen of this country, to monitor and pass judgment upon the actions of those who govern us?

Yes or No?

Just answer the phukking question.

If you dare.

non sequitur...

If you hit the "reply" button to create the post, then it was both literally and figuratively a 'response' - part of the feedback you provided in connection with previous postings.
my Dearest numbskull, there are bound to be Adult Educations centers nearby that offer beginner classes you could surely use...

a simple search will educate you. try it before you soil yourself again

Look it up is certainly an intellectual response to asking you to justify your statements. Well played, my friend. Well played

Good grief Kondor Brown!

Answer the question...

Is it, or is it not, the business of every citizen of this country, to monitor and pass judgement upon the actions of those who govern us?

Yes or No?

Or does the close scrutiny and criticism of The Governed constitute an impediment to your Emperor's activities?

Is it, or is it not, the business of every citizen of this country, to monitor and pass judgment upon the actions of those who govern us?

Yes or No?

Just answer the phukking question.

If you dare.

I believe we are to do our own research to understand Dante's statements, not ask Dante. Dante is is the process of leaving his corporeal Earthly state and has difficultly speaking in words rather than projecting his thoughts

I keep forgetting how many members at usmb fall under ESL
Are you, by some chance, operating under the impression that you are intellectually superior to your fellow posters on this board system?

You talk the talk, but you hardly walk the walk.

Forum List

Back