Clean Zone Moderation

Anyone seeking a glimpse of what USMB was like before these supposedly drastic shifts in policy should head on down to the Middle East forum. No changes down there.

seriously.

If this place wants to step it up, it's a two-way street

please, contact me and explain a few things as I am tired of putting in a serious effort sometimes only to be slapped down by some on the mod team

some of us believe in the site enough to pay

we are owed explanations or aren't we?

Good Grief....
When I find myself agreeing with Dante I have to look out the window to make sure that Hell hasn't froze over.
Now, MeBelle, we all know even a broken clock is correct two milliseconds a day... :D

seriously.

please, contact me and explain a few things as I am tired of putting in a serious effort sometimes only to be slapped down by some on the mod team

Good Grief....
When I find myself agreeing with Dante I have to look out the window to make sure that Hell hasn't froze over.

Didn't Dante's Inferno give us our most widely spread impression of Hell?

seriously.

Good Grief....

Principle is principle. It has no ideology.

The clean board is something they've added, the objection to it is a little curious.

If you don't like it, just don't go there? Easy peasy..

Not being able to have input or criticize how it is moderated sort of defeats the purpose, if indeed the purpose is to have a place for d-i-s-cu-s-s-i-o-n.

I never liked or stayed in threads that said Bush lied people died -- they were usually hijacked by [name deleted as we all know who they are] types.

Now we get threads with questions asked like "Does Obama get credit" and asking people in the thread to stay on topic is flaming but asking a thread not be hijacked with off topic subjects is edited? wtf?

Is too much to ask or even demand (yes demand, as some of us are dues paying members), some semblance of balance mixed some respect due members who actually put in the effort to self-moderate without the heavy hand of Big Brother imbecility?

Why bother having a board that is 'clean' when troll posts can run the thread off?

Is it about power or making changes at USMB that benefit the community as a whole?

Is it too much to ask that members be allowed to moderate themselves on some level?

I ask, are we all Dante, or aren't we?

:cool:
dD

Dante for moderator.

If I wasn't out of rep, I'd neg this one.

Dante doesn't really respect authority or seek control outside of insisting on play by the rules along with the ability to break the rules and willingly suffer the penalties

fair and balanced

:eusa_shifty:

Dante Fevah!

picQ9iTLY.jpg

The clean board is something they've added, the objection to it is a little curious.

Not being able to have input or criticize how it is moderated sort of defeats the purpose, if indeed the purpose is to have a place for d-i-s-cu-s-s-i-o-n.

I never liked or stayed in threads that said Bush lied people died -- they were usually hijacked by [name deleted as we all know who they are] types.

Now we get threads with questions asked like "Does Obama get credit" and asking people in the thread to stay on topic is flaming but asking a thread not be hijacked with off topic subjects is edited? wtf?

Is too much to ask or even demand (yes demand, as some of us are dues paying members), some semblance of balance mixed some respect due members who actually put in the effort to self-moderate without the heavy hand of Big Brother imbecility?

Why bother having a board that is 'clean' when troll posts can run the thread off?

Is it about power or making changes at USMB that benefit the community as a whole?

Is it too much to ask that members be allowed to moderate themselves on some level?

dD

:clap2:

dD

The Purpose of the Clean Debate Forum is plain and simple. In part, no Flaming, No Put Downs, No Baiting. Civil discourse without the insults. Funny Most have a hard time with that. Best to stay away and give it a chance to stand or fall on it's own merit. Flooding the Forum, and flooding the Incident Report Thread, does not help matters. Flaming the Site with Threads of how you are offended by the Forum, only encourages others to troll it. Why the obsession? Why is live and let live such a problem for you?

seriously.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean-debate-zone/237241-guidelines-for-the-clean-debate-forum.html

If you have a problem, you are free to contact the mod team via PM. We typically don't respond to demands to contact upset members.
Regards,
alan1

You don't typically respond, period.

I made repeated requests - not demands - worded politely and respectfully, and not only was there no response (despite two 'thanks' from Moderators), the thread was 'disappeared'.

Last edited:
seriously.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/clean-debate-zone/237241-guidelines-for-the-clean-debate-forum.html

If you have a problem, you are free to contact the mod team via PM. We typically don't respond to demands to contact upset members.
Regards,
alan1

I made repeated requests - not demands - worded politely and respectfully, and not only was there no response (despite to 'thanks' from Moderators), the thread was 'disappeared'.

Why bother? I have studied the "rules" but still have many questions. BUT, I've gleaned through reading certain threads that some questions are not allowed.

Quite a system, huh? You can't break the rules but you also can't find out what the rules are. If you do break a rule, you get your hand slapped or get banned and you STILL don't know where to find THAT rule because they don't bother to tell you.

So, I ask again - why bother?

Especially since some of the "mods" ARE the problem.

Its okay to troll every single threads with name calling and baiting. I don't even try to discuss or debate because every thread is full of "asswipe" and "douchebag". The repping is just idiotic. What I have gotten as the reason for neg reps is "homo" and the like. Where is the REASON for the rep? Its just more name calling by juvenile trolls.

This is a board for trolls. If you want to discuss or debate, this is not the place for that. Watch for it: the trolls will line up to make fun or call names or neg, but not one of them will address the contents of the post. They NEVER do.

I wonder ... Will this get me banned again?

Last edited:

dD

The Purpose of the Clean Debate Forum is plain and simple. In part, no Flaming, No Put Downs, No Baiting. Civil discourse without the insults. Funny Most have a hard time with that. Best to stay away and give it a chance to stand or fall on it's own merit. Flooding the Forum, and flooding the Incident Report Thread, does not help matters. Flaming the Site with Threads of how you are offended by the Forum, only encourages others to troll it. Why the obsession? Why is live and let live such a problem for you?

If things were as you portray them...

...but it looks like many people do not see it that way.

Dante has started many serious threads and has had to bow out. No problem, but there were not in the preciously misnamed Clean Zone. A few mods would even show up with trash talk trolling in a serious thread. No biggie. But Dante usually insists on fairness, consistency and respect.

Perception may be everything here, but when a person starts a thread and asks others to please stay on topic and stop hijacking the thread...how is that Flaming, Put Downs, Baiting? Civil discourse without the insults? A very specific insult (dolt) was lobbed and stayed without edit while my posts were heavily edited...edited because I asked others to leave if they could not stay on topic?

please, do not make a fool out of yourself here. I have some respect for most of the team here, but respect does not include ass kissing or shutting up.

dD

Last edited:
Dante has started many serious threads and has had to bow out

JMO, but that's the best thing to do. When the usual trolls arrive, leave. Its just not worth trying to have an adult conversation with childish idiots who know nothing except what lushbo/fux/brietbart spoon feed them.

Regards,
alan1

I made repeated requests - not demands - worded politely and respectfully, and not only was there no response (despite to 'thanks' from Moderators), the thread was 'disappeared'.

Why bother? I have studied the "rules" but still have many questions. BUT, I've gleaned through reading certain threads that some questions are not allowed.

Quite a system, huh? You can't break the rules but you also can't find out what the rules are. If you do break a rule, you get your hand slapped or get banned and you STILL don't know where to find THAT rule because they don't bother to tell you.

So, I ask again - why bother?

Especially since some of the "mods" ARE the problem.

Its okay to troll every single threads with name calling and baiting. I don't even try to discuss or debate because every thread is full of "asswipe" and "douchebag". The repping is just idiotic. What I have gotten as the reason for neg reps is "homo" and the like. Where is the REASON for the rep? Its just more name calling by juvenile trolls.

This is a board for trolls. If you want to discuss or debate, this is not the place for that. Watch for it: the trolls will line up to make fun or call names or neg, but not one of them will address the contents of the post. They NEVER do.

I wonder ... Will this get me banned again?

:beer:

Looking out my window again....

dD

i guess theoretically you could have missed his point more thoroughly

Dante has started many serious threads and has had to bow out

JMO, but that's the best thing to do. When the usual trolls arrive, leave. Its just not worth trying to have an adult conversation with childish idiots who know nothing except what lushbo/fux/brietbart spoon feed them.

trolls hijacking a thread is an issue, but....

it was the editing that ruined the thread Dante started. Most of the posts had edited out remarks...but a specific insult was left standing.

no criticism here, just saying being transparent about things would have kept me from putting in the time and effort.

carry on

Forum List

Back