Class Warefare; The 1%; Union Bosses

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jackson, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Jackson

Jackson Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,708
    While the rank and file go on strike for weeks at the behest of Labor bosses, just who do the workers blame? The Corporate CEO's, the 1%ers who don't care for their employees, right?

Just who are the 1%ers? Let's take a look:

1. UFCW (United Food & Commercial Workers) boss - salary $360,737 in 2009. Outgoing president received $709,000.

2. NEA (National Education Association), Teachers Union, President received $397, 721.

3. AFSCME (American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees) $479, 328.

4. AFT (American Federation of Teachers) $428, 284.

5. IAM (International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers $284, 975.

6. IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers), $375,767.

7. SEIU (Service Employees International Union) $306, 388

8. Teamsters, $362, 868/

How much do union bosses make? (PHOTOS) - International Business Times

While their people are the rank and file and punching the clock, they are dining in the finest restaurants around. Where's the outrage?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    welllllll.....let's compare that with private sector CEO's. Seems to me that Union Bosses, while well compensated....are fairly compensated. Unlike Corporate CEO'S who get tens of millions of dollars and a golden parachute even if they run a company into the ground....but hey.... do blather on with apples and oranges comparisons.

Tell...you what.....let's try...Professional Athletes?.....Actors? Musicians? Funny, only right wingers have a problem with those people....Why? oh...because those people are the Labor class....even though they are well compensated, they work for record companies, movie studios, and sports franchises....so therefore they should be demonized because they make so much and the entities that they work for should be deified.

3. Jackson

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,708
    Alright, let's take out corporations from the mix. How many jobs would there be? (the job market would crash)

Take out Union Bosses and how many jobs would there be? (At the worst, the same; at the best, more)

Those two questions make you think that one entity is certainly more important than the other.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  4. Jackson

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,708
    I rest my case.:eusa_whistle:

5. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    hey dumbfuck...it's my day off. If you think that all I have to do is sit on my ass and hang on here all day....YOU are the problem with America.

Take corporations out of the mix? I'd fucking love to. Huge corporations are what is strangling growth in this country. They undercut and influence buy as much competition as they possibly can, they hold the workforce hostage with threats of moving their business overseas, they don't give a shit about their own country or it's people.

I think we need another Teddy Roosevelt in office who will put these disloyal fucks in their place and let small business thrive.

As far as unions? We need them more now than ever. There are very few unions out there...in the private sector anyway... that have much power at all, and they haven't since Reagan. In that time span, private sector wages and benefits have been gutted, prices have gone up drastically(except for bullshit stuff like electronics), and more and more people can't make ends meet.....all the while those who have benefited most from this has had a "let them eat cake" attitude about the whole fucking thing.

6. tjvh

tjvh Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +916
    Right... Take evil corporations out so we can all make stuff in our huts and hope someone buys our neat stuff at the Flea Market come Sunday.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  7. Lovebears65

Lovebears65 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,043
    and all these teachers union salaries are coming from us tax payers ...

8. Steelplate

Steelplate Bluesman

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +932
    and the worship of the false Gods continues.....

9. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,932
    Don't forget the 6 figure highway robbery pension plans they get also!

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. ba1614

ba1614 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +876
    It's always "different" for progressives, "do as I say, not as I do" kinda thing.