Civility in Politics

How's this for civil: Secret Muslim, Marxist, Communist, pal of terrorists, Kenyan born, non-American citizen, boy king, liar!

Courtesy? How courteous is it to shout "You lie!" at the President of the United States of American WHILE he is addressing a joint session of Congress? Is that rude, impolite, discourteous, unmannerly and/or coarse? I'm just referring to your dictionary.

Call it what you will, however we can say he was honest in his assessment of the presidents words.
The thread is titled "Civility in Politics" not "A rude, discourteous, impolite, immature yet honest, as he sees it, assessment of politics".

Wow! Look how those goalposts just seem to move all by themselves!

You tell me how lying in a speech is civil.

Take your time. You better bring some A game

I don't think that even Ann Coulter would go so far as to call a lib. a demon.
I had to wtch that clip, Maxine Waters Outs The...., twice. It was just too funny.

6a01156f5ae6a9970c01538e2681a0970b

How's this for civil: Secret Muslim, Marxist, Communist, pal of terrorists, , boy king, liar!

Courtesy? How courteous is it to shout "You lie!" at the President of the United States of American WHILE he is addressing a joint session of Congress? Is that rude, impolite, discourteous, unmannerly and/or coarse? I'm just referring to your dictionary.

Yep, way back one Page ! I personally posted the Joe Wilson comment. You're quite late to the party, but it's good to see you brought your Kool-Aid...
So the first line of my post is....Kool Aid?

The only terms in that first line that may or may not be true are "Kenyan born, non-American citizen".

Call it what you will, however we can say he was honest in his assessment of the presidents words.
The thread is titled "Civility in Politics" not "A rude, discourteous, impolite, immature yet honest, as he sees it, assessment of politics".

No one yelled out liar..

Last edited by a moderator:

So all the Democrats were demonstrating civility while Bush laid out the plans for invading Iraq. Bush was lying and therefore uncivil while those in the House chamber who heard his lies were being very very civil in spite of the incivility of the lies spewed by the President.

This Conservative logic is fun and easy! All you have to do is ignore the obvious and stick to partisanship! Anything goes as long as you believe it to be so.

So to you lefties anything critical of Obama or his policies is uncivil?

un·civ·il/ˌənˈsivəl/
Adjective:
Discourteous; impolite.
Synonyms:
rude - impolite - discourteous - unmannerly - coarse

You guys should really invest in a dictionary...
How's this for civil: Secret Muslim, Marxist, Communist, pal of terrorists, Kenyan born, non-American citizen, boy king, liar!

No..we cannot.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9leNE7nXUEU]George W. Bush 16 Words Lie: Iraq and Uranium Yellowcake from Niger - YouTube[/ame]

No one yelled out liar..

Obvious differences but as a dem apologist I doubt you have the intellectual capacity to understand the subtle differences.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9leNE7nXUEU]George W. Bush 16 Words Lie: Iraq and Uranium Yellowcake from Niger - YouTube[/ame]

No one yelled out liar..

Obvious differences but as a dem apologist I doubt you have the intellectual capacity to understand the subtle differences.

Yes..you are correct.

Bush lied.
Obama did not.

And no one shouted out liar..when Bush so blatantly lied.

No one yelled out liar..

In this thread, we have yet to be assured you understand subtlety.

Naw..it's that the rest of us lack the "intellectual capacity" to accept that lies are truth and truths are lies.

Gosh..was that so hard?

Naw..it's that the rest of us lack the "intellectual capacity" to accept that lies are truth and truths are lies.

Gosh..was that so hard?
The logic the modern Conservative uses to rationalize his behavior and beliefs is really easy to use. There's no need for truth, subtlety, nuance or fact. All you really need to do is listen to Beck/Coulter/Limbaugh/Hannity and believe each and every word as if it were Gospel.

Forum List

Back