Citibank CEO - Banks Need Regulation

Glass-Steagall had nothing to do with the Latin-American debt crisis, nor did it have anything to do with the S&L crisis.

You are right that Glass-Steagel had nothing to do with those crises. It had nothing to do with the financial crisis of 2008 either. The cause in all cases was poor lending practices. Unless you want to outlaw bad judgment will continue to get periodic financial crises, just as we have done since the founding of this country.

Glass-Steagall had nothing to do with the Latin-American debt crisis, nor did it have anything to do with the S&L crisis.

You are right that Glass-Steagel had nothing to do with those crises. It had nothing to do with the financial crisis of 2008 either. The cause in all cases was poor lending practices. Unless you want to outlaw bad judgment will continue to get periodic financial crises, just as we have done since the founding of this country.
reading comprehension isnt your strong suit is it?

Why the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933 was so critical to Banking Stability | The MAC | Fee-only Registered Investment Adviser | Dallas, TX

it was surprising to hear Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), the powerful chairman of the House Budget Committee, say he’d be interested in reinstating the Glass-Steagall Act, a Depression-era law that curbed speculation by separating deposit and investment banks. The law was repealed in 1999,

Paul Ryan: 'I Agree' We Need To Reinstate Glass-Steagall | ThinkProgress

man, those conservatives must surely be wrong after all....

Absolutely. I never said they couldn't. Herman Cain did well as head of Papa Johns.
Why not try to figure out the point I was making. It's only been 9 months. Surely you can do it.

I see, you want to play semantics. Let me rephrase.

I'll even quote you your own question - "Give me two examples of cities, states or countries run by blacks that have been successful." - The Rabbi
That isnt semantics, dodo. That's an important distinction. Lost on you.
And you never could answer the question. So I guess you agree with me.

Racist justifying racism. Well done. :clap2:

Yes we need regulation, but be very suspicious of any plan fronted by those who led us down the path we are currently on. And doubly so if they are gleaning profits from the industry they are making governmental plans for.

"Give me two examples of cities, states or countries run by blacks that have been successful." - The Rabbi

Give me any country that run by whites that have lasted a really long time.
200 plus years is not any time at all in the history of humanity.

"Give me two examples of cities, states or countries run by blacks that have been successful." - The Rabbi

That is a question right out of the White Nationalist playbook.

That's the Rabbi in a nutshell. A racist to the core who is too chicken shit to even stand up for his racist beliefs even after he's already put them on full display.

Why the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933 was so critical to Banking Stability | The MAC | Fee-only Registered Investment Adviser | Dallas, TX

it was surprising to hear Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI), the powerful chairman of the House Budget Committee, say he’d be interested in reinstating the Glass-Steagall Act, a Depression-era law that curbed speculation by separating deposit and investment banks. The law was repealed in 1999,

Reasoning not yours, I see.
So what? Paul Ryan is now the ultimate authority? Since when? All you quote are opinions, no facts. You wouldn't know a fact if it butt-fucked you. Not that you'd care.

That's the Rabbi in a nutshell. A racist to the core who is too chicken shit to even stand up for his racist beliefs even after he's already put them on full display.

You keep making accusations you cannot support. You are hysterical. You get pwned every time you bring this up, thinking it discredits me. It does not. It shows you are a lame-brain. Like anyone needed proof.

What is the definition of successful?

Stable government marked by rule of law, low levels of corruption, rising economic prosperity. I think of Switzerland in Europe, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore. Or you could simply posit low levels of corruption, stable levels of taxation etc in state or local governments.

Egypt?
The ottoman empire, Nubia, etc.

Many Chinese empires.

Egypt? Egypt just completed about 40 years of military dictatorship marked by a bloody revolution and now more military dictatorship.
Chinese empires were not run by blacks. But I could be wrong on that one.

I've worked in banking for 30+ years. For anyone who thinks banks aren't regulated, I have a bridge I can sell them. Banks have departments full of people who use all sorts of software products created by vendors just to stay in compliance with the myriad regulations they are subject to.

Here is a small sampling.

BOL Alphabet Soup - Key Banking Regulations

There was no virtually no deregulation. You are correct, banks are very regulated entities. There is no regulation that could ahve prevented the economic crisis, short of nationalizing the banks.

So what? Paul Ryan is now the ultimate authority? Since when? All you quote are opinions, no facts. You wouldn't know a fact if it butt-fucked you. Not that you'd care.
wait so now youre disagreeing with Paul Ryan, whom the GOP praised for creating the budget that dismantle medicare and is a staunch conservative? wait so professional opinions dont matter anymore? i guess that makes your amateur opinions completely worthless, hence that makes you completely worthless.
now call me more names, and show more of your ignorance. youve already proven that your basically the most ignorant, intolerant, racist, uneducated poster on this board. those names are earning you such plus point, i dont know how im gonna get through the day knowing you called me a dirty name. :(

Then you shouldn't have a problem answering it.

Easy-peasy, little nazi. It is a fallacy of the excluded middle in question form. It is intended to imply the failure of a black state is solely due to the inferiority of the black race. It is also a cum hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy.

The question is logic FAIL.

Last edited:

wait so now youre disagreeing with Paul Ryan, whom the GOP praised for creating the budget that dismantle medicare and is a staunch conservative? wait so professional opinions dont matter anymore? i guess that makes your amateur opinions completely worthless, hence that makes you completely worthless.
now call me more names, and show more of your ignorance. youve already proven that your basically the most ignorant, intolerant, racist, uneducated poster on this board. those names are earning you such plus point, i dont know how im gonna get through the day knowing you called me a dirty name. :(

This may come as a surprise to you, but not all Republicans walk in lockstep on every issue. I know in Dem Party circles they execute dissenters, like Joe lIeberman. But that's not how it works with us.
What qualified Ryan as an "expert" in economics or banking? More so than Phil Graham, who was an economist before getting elected?
And you calling someone ignorant is a hoot and a half, Elmer.

Then you shouldn't have a problem answering it.

Easy-peasy. It is a fallacy of the excluded middle in question form. It is intended to imply the failure of a black state is solely due to the inferiority of the black race.

The question is logic FAIL.

You rad way too much into it. I can point to states run by Asians that meet the criteria. Yet despite the fact that Africa is now ruled entirely by blacks, and we've had black governors and mayors, I cannot find a single entity that reaches the level of competent among them. Every entity run by blacks, and I dont just mean having a black chief executive, has been corrupt and incompetent. I cannot posit a reason for this.
Your answer is a big fail-o.

Forum List

Back