Circumventing the electoral college won't prevent Trump from winning in 2020...

Never met a Democrat that had a good idea. All their Ideas are Bad and are designed to create more problems which they come up with even worse ideas to fix.

It's like s sick twisted job security ponzi scheme.

Do you mean like Social Security and Medicare? Or that most Democrats voted not to invade Iraq?

Fake

58% of the DUMS voted for the Iraqi invasion!:deal:

Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002 - Wikipedia

The Kook lies again, this time a lie by omission:

Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002 - Wikipedia

• 215 (96.4%) of 223 Republican Representatives voted for the resolution.
  • 82 (39.2%) of 209 Democratic Representatives voted for the resolution.
  • 29 (58%) of 50 Democratic senators voted for the resolution
  • 21 (42%) of 50 Democratic Senators voted against the resolution
  • 1 (2%) of 49 Republican senators voted against the resolution
You would think at some point they'd be embarrassed.

If the Electoral College is "not relevant" in 2020, the election will be considered invalid.

The states decision to misapply their electoral votes will not stand. It simply won't be allowed.

Jo
It is Constitutional

It is not constitutional for a state to turn its elector's votes over to the popular vote winner when the majority of the states' voters have voted for the opposition.

Such a vote would not be recognized, and would result in the state government placing itself in great jeopardy.

I realize the Democrats are seeking a catalyst to engage in another civil war, but they had better ponder such an act more carefully. They frankly would not have a chance.

If the Electoral College is "not relevant" in 2020, the election will be considered invalid.

The states decision to misapply their electoral votes will not stand. It simply won't be allowed.

Jo
It is Constitutional

It is not constitutional for a state to turn its elector's votes over to the popular vote winner when the majority of the states' voters have voted for the opposition.

Such a vote would not be recognized, and would result in the state government placing itself in great jeopardy.

I realize the Democrats are seeking a catalyst to engage in another civil war, but they had better ponder such an act more carefully. They frankly would not have a chance.

Electors, if there are no state laws barring such can vote for the president of their choice.

Jo
It is Constitutional

Electors, if there are no state laws barring such can vote for the president of their choice.

How many examples of faithless votes can you reference in history?

We are not talking about faithless electors. We are talking about states turning over the votes en masse.

Jo
It is Constitutional

Fuck you Lib Tards for trying to get more STATE Representatives than you should ethically have and for trying to cheat your way in to getting your states to have more EC Votes than you should.

Why should we worry about Russia when you are attacking our Democracy EVERY DAY?

Jo
It is Constitutional

About 2 dozen.

Jo
It is Constitutional

Fuck you Lib Tards for trying to get more STATE Representatives than you should ethically have and for trying to cheat your way in to getting your states to have more EC Votes than you should.

Why should we worry about Russia when you are attacking our Democracy EVERY DAY?

No cheating, I'm sorry you're incompetent.

Jo
It is Constitutional

Billy:

The Democrats do not care about THE LAW or THE CONSTITUTION.

They are ENEMIES of AMERICAN DEMOCRACY!

You are wasting your breath with people that hate you.

We are engaged in a CIVIL WAR.

We are going to have to fight them to stop them.

It's that bad. And they are that much a threat to American Democracy and Capitalism.

It's going to take blood again to take back our country.

Jo
It is Constitutional

Sorry America is not a country you belong in. Why don't you try a COUP in Venezuela or CUBA which is more to your liking?

It is Constitutional

Sorry America is not a country you belong in. Why don't you try a COUP in Venezuela or CUBA which is more to your liking?

I don't belong here because you can't debate yourself out of a paper bag?

Your arguments are childish, appear to be religious based even if the topic is not and you obviously have a lack of understanding as to how our EC system works (and basic math) and so now out of frustration you want to get into who is a real American and who isn't.

Jo
It is Constitutional

At which point the supreme Court will step in and resssign the electoral votes to reflect
the choice of the state's voters not the choice of the states elected officials or even their electoral as per se. The lawsuit would be rapid and the decision would be a slam dunk.

Jo
It is Constitutional

At which point the supreme Court will step in And resssign the electoral votes select the choice of the state's voters not the choice of the states elected officials or even their electoral as per se. The lawsuit would be rapid and the decision would be a slam dunk.

On which grounds, J?

Jo
It is Constitutional

About 2 dozen.

Proceed.

Jo
It is Constitutional

At which point the supreme Court will step in And resssign the electoral votes select the choice of the state's voters not the choice of the states elected officials or even their electoral as per se. The lawsuit would be rapid and the decision would be a slam dunk.

On which grounds, J?

Jo
It is Constitutional

On which grounds, J?

You cannot nullify the decision of the state's electorate by reassigning the electoral votes in a way that does not reflect the choice of the state's voters. The electors may try to submit their votes in that way but they will quickly be rejected by the federal system.

Jo

It is Constitutional

About 2 dozen.

Proceed.

Here you go.

Faithless Electors - Fairvote

Tired of losing Yet?

That states that don't have it in place will have to play by the old rules.

And this is only "State Law" which also runs counter to The Constitution.

So even if they get it through The Supreme Court....

In that case the score will be something like

Trump 450!
DemLoser 81

Tired of losing? You claimed Trump was going to win big because of the vote compact and I hinted and hinted and hinted that it wasn't going to be the case because it wasn't going to be implemented by 2020 and you kept making the same claim, and I'm losing? :21:

So, now that you've finally caught up, you claim Trump is going to win 450 electoral college votes? One thing you'd have to be a moron to predict who is going to win the election this early, however to get 450 is pretty much impossible. California, New York and Massachusetts alone will keep Trump from hitting 450. What an idiot you are.

No, I claim that if you get your stupid Pact in Place, he will win 503

But I think he can win 531

Trump 531!

Loserville 0

Where are you getting 531? Did you flunk out of high school?
No, I made adjustments for removing The Illegal Alien Count from The Census.

You remove 20 Million Illegals from the Census Count across the country and I think that shaves approximate 6-8 EVs off of the total EV Count.

But, the actual count is immaterial when you are discussing the stupidity of awarding all EC Votes to a National Popular Vote winner which would disenfranchise many states rights to be heard and represented, and their votes for their candidate counted.

Let me educate you dumbass! The electoral college is comprised of one vote for each Representative (435), one for each Senator (100) and 3 for Washington DC. That is 538 votes. Unless you change those numbers, illegals don't matter. For every seat California would lose, someone else would pick it up.

After 2020's census, these states are expected to gain seats in the House and this electoral votes.

States Gaining Districts (6 or 7)
  • Arizona +1 (from 9 to 10)
  • Colorado +1 (from 7 to 8)
  • Florida +2 (from 27 to 29)
  • Montana even or +1 (from At-large to 2)
  • North Carolina +1 (from 13 to 14)
  • Oregon +1 (from 5 to 6)
  • Texas +3 (from 36 to 39)
States Losing Districts (9)
  • Alabama -1 (from 7 to 6)
  • Illinois -1 or -2 (from 18 to 17 or 16)
  • Michigan -1 (from 14 to 13)
  • Minnesota -1 or even (from 8 to 7 or none)
  • New York -1 (from 27 to 26)
  • Ohio -1 (from 16 to 15)
  • Pennsylvania -1 (from 18 to 17)
  • Rhode Island -1 (from 2 to 1)
  • West Virginia -1 (from 3 to 2)
The 2020 election will see no changes.

The population shift is hurting the Dems!
That is assuming that liberals moving to Texas, Florida, Arizona or Georgia will not turn those states blue

It is Constitutional

On which grounds, J?
It is Constitutional

On which grounds, J?

You cannot nullify the decision of the state's electorate by reassigning the electoral votes in a way that does not reflect the choice of the state's voters. The electors may try to submit their votes in that way but they will quickly be rejected by the federal system.

Jo
States decide how to allocate electoral votes

Tired of losing? You claimed Trump was going to win big because of the vote compact and I hinted and hinted and hinted that it wasn't going to be the case because it wasn't going to be implemented by 2020 and you kept making the same claim, and I'm losing? :21:

So, now that you've finally caught up, you claim Trump is going to win 450 electoral college votes? One thing you'd have to be a moron to predict who is going to win the election this early, however to get 450 is pretty much impossible. California, New York and Massachusetts alone will keep Trump from hitting 450. What an idiot you are.

No, I claim that if you get your stupid Pact in Place, he will win 503

But I think he can win 531

Trump 531!

Loserville 0

Where are you getting 531? Did you flunk out of high school?
No, I made adjustments for removing The Illegal Alien Count from The Census.

You remove 20 Million Illegals from the Census Count across the country and I think that shaves approximate 6-8 EVs off of the total EV Count.

But, the actual count is immaterial when you are discussing the stupidity of awarding all EC Votes to a National Popular Vote winner which would disenfranchise many states rights to be heard and represented, and their votes for their candidate counted.

Let me educate you dumbass! The electoral college is comprised of one vote for each Representative (435), one for each Senator (100) and 3 for Washington DC. That is 538 votes. Unless you change those numbers, illegals don't matter. For every seat California would lose, someone else would pick it up.

After 2020's census, these states are expected to gain seats in the House and this electoral votes.

States Gaining Districts (6 or 7)
  • Arizona +1 (from 9 to 10)
  • Colorado +1 (from 7 to 8)
  • Florida +2 (from 27 to 29)
  • Montana even or +1 (from At-large to 2)
  • North Carolina +1 (from 13 to 14)
  • Oregon +1 (from 5 to 6)
  • Texas +3 (from 36 to 39)
States Losing Districts (9)
  • Alabama -1 (from 7 to 6)
  • Illinois -1 or -2 (from 18 to 17 or 16)
  • Michigan -1 (from 14 to 13)
  • Minnesota -1 or even (from 8 to 7 or none)
  • New York -1 (from 27 to 26)
  • Ohio -1 (from 16 to 15)
  • Pennsylvania -1 (from 18 to 17)
  • Rhode Island -1 (from 2 to 1)
  • West Virginia -1 (from 3 to 2)
The 2020 election will see no changes.

The population shift is hurting the Dems!
That is assuming that liberals moving to Texas, Florida, Arizona or Georgia will not turn those states blue

I'm one of those transplant liberals that is slowly changing the politics of a red state.

About 2 dozen.

Proceed.

Here you go.

None of those represent examples of what you're talking about above.

If we see that happen in 2020 this is what you will see subsequently..

Voters Rights groups representing the majority vote in a given state will take the electors to Federal Court and will prevail rather rapidly.

Jo

About 2 dozen.

Proceed.

Here you go.

Pretty thin since 1912.

Forum List

Back