Cigarettes don't kill people, lung cancer kills people...

Cigarettes are not the sole cause of lung cancer. Neither does every person that smokes cigarettes die of lung cancer.

This thread does something to my faith in humanity. "Redeem" is not exactly the word I am looking for though....

Cigarettes don't kill people. People kill themselves through years of destroying their bodies.

...brought to you by the same logic as "guns don't kill people".

Irrelevant though. Doesn't matter to the topic at hand.

If it were possible to eliminate all guns, then I'd be in favor of it. If no one anywhere in the country could have a gun, then no guns would be fine.

But the fact is, banning something doesn't work. We tried banning alcohol, and that worked peachy, didn't it? We've banned drugs, and of course there are no drugs anywhere in the country.... right?

In Australia, after putting in place very strong gun control laws, they now have fully automatic rifles, completely home built, showing up on the streets.

Guns are actually fairly simple devices. There are more complex guns, but the fundamental concept, is very simple. We've been making guns since the 1850s. There are videos on Youtube as we speak, showing you how to make your own bullets, your own gun powder, your own cartridges, and you can download blueprints and designs for making a gun off the internet, and even print one out with a 3D printer.

Making a gun is not difficult.

So the bottom line here is this....

Who is affected by gun control laws? Answer: Law abiding people. Criminals........ dur...... don't follow the law. That's why we call them criminals. A criminal is not going to say "Oh crud.... they passed gun control laws, so I guess I'll have to be a law abiding citizen now".

Therefore... logically..... since you seem to be into logic.... gun control laws only serve to disarm the public, in the face of an armed criminal element.

You are not going to stop the criminals from getting guns.... ever. You are only going to stop the lawful citizens from being able to defend themselves.

But both points are correct

Guns dont discharge themselves, which is what is meant by "guns dont kill people," (it takes one firing the gun, and the gun, to kill people).

same with ciggs. They dont smoke themselves.

...brought to you by the same logic as "guns don't kill people".

So, you're equating knowingly making a personal choice to smoke cigarettes that could lead to lung cancer and kill you with being shot in the face by an assailant?

That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

I'll say it again.. these lefties are dumber than a sack of broken hammers.

Guns dont discharge themselves, which is what is meant by "guns dont kill people," (it takes one firing the gun, and the gun, to kill people).

I've discharged thousands of rounds over the last two decades with no ill effects.
Show me someone who has smoked thousands of cigarettes over the same frame with no ill effects.
Oops.

I've discharged thousands of rounds over the last two decades with no ill effects.
Show me someone who has smoked thousands of cigarettes over the same frame with no ill effects.
Oops.

Oops.
'Clarify

Oops.
Did you really just quibble about something so small as me not specifying 'fire at someone?'

God damn youre a nuisance.

Oops.
Studies have shown that smoking does not cause harm to Golems. That pretty much explains it.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

Oops.

Oops.
'Clarify

Oops.
Did you really just quibble about something so small as me not specifying 'fire at someone?'

God damn I made you look stupid.

Guns dont kill people. For every person killed by a gun there are many more saved by them. There are even more that are never aimed or fired at anyone over the course of their lives.
Cigarettes cause damage but people are aware of that and assume the risk.
The two arent comparable in any way.
Thats' why you look like a moron.

Oops.

Oops.
'Clarify

Oops.

God damn I made you look stupid.

Guns dont kill people. For every person killed by a gun there are many more saved by them. There are even more that are never aimed or fired at anyone over the course of their lives.
Cigarettes cause damage but people are aware of that and assume the risk.
The two arent comparable in any way.
Thats' why you look like a moron.
Heres how I make you look like a moron.

I agree with the statement "guns dont kill people."

Fuckin idiot

Forum List

Back