Cia director david petraeus submits letter of resignation

Well I find that a good cover story.

Patreaus is a soldier first and foremost.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit that the stand down order in Benghazi stuck in his craw.

He's stepping down just and General Hamm was relieved.

Both pretty much at the same time. Go figure.

Petreaus said there was no stand down order, but don't let that stop you from making that shit up anyway.

Patreaus never said there was no stand down order. He said that no stand down order came from the CIA.

well one thing we know for sure, none of the forthcoming shit will stick to the one. none.

I don't know what the big deal is.

It's his own personal business, that should be left between his wife and himself.

Everybody does it.

It didn't stop him from doing his job.

Politicians resign for those reasons all the time. In the military, it's especially frowned upon .

jesus , hes not in the military....
As has already been pointed out, he was. He is still known as General Petraes, and, one more time, it's not uncommon for high profile individuals, like politicians to resign for the same reason.

Resigning when an affair is discovered is fairly common

Maybe it is all innocent - Petraeus had an extramarital affair and it just now, immediately after the election is over, has come to light..... But the timing looks awfully suspicious.

We'll just have to see wait and see if America's gutless Fourth Estate decides to do its job....

This has nothing to do with Benghazi. It has a lot to do with the investigation about Benghazi. Petraeus put his head on the block the second he said that the order to stand down didn't come from the CIA. That left open the question of where that order DID come from. Patreaus might have answered that question under oath.

This was an affair of convenience, probably dreamed up by Stephanie Cutter and David Axelrod.

You people are unbelievable. Fabricating total bullshit shamelessly. Shooting your own legs off.

Gen. Patreaus' mistress will come forward as soon as George Clooney digs one up from Central Casting.

Well...

This is an obvious cover up, he did it because Ben Ghazi told him to take his wife down with him.

Ow wait, Cons are HILARIOUS.

Are you high or something? This makes no sense and isn't even remotely funny.

CIA chief Petraeus resigns, reportedly over affair

CIA Director David Petraeus has resigned, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said in a written statement Friday. The former Army general, who rocketed to global prominence as the man in charge of the "surge" in Iraq, quit over an extramarital affair, MSNBC reported.

"Today, CIA Director David Petraeus submitted his letter of resignation to the President," Clapper wrote. "Dave's decision to step down represents the loss of one of our nation's most respected public servants.

"From his long, illustrious Army career to his leadership at the helm of CIA, Dave has redefined what it means to serve and sacrifice for one's country," continued Clapper, whose statement did not specify a reason for the decision.

Petraeus' resignation letter began with an admission of poor judgement: "Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position as D/CIA. After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours. This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation."

CIA chief Petraeus resigns, reportedly over affair | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Petaeus was going to blow the lid off UFOs, I tells ya! He had to be silenced.

The Iranians tried to shoot down a UFO the other day and Petraeus was going to come clean about it.

Last edited:
Well...

This is an obvious cover up, he did it because Ben Ghazi told him to take his wife down with him.

Ow wait, Cons are HILARIOUS.

Are you high or something? This makes no sense and isn't even remotely funny.

Satire.

The outlandishness of the post was designed to illustrate the madness of the idea that he resigned really because of what happened in Benghazi, not the affair that he admitted to.

The "Ben Ghazi" quip was a reference to a post a few days back on this forum that got a rise out a lot of people here... Can't remember who posted it, but they were actually being serious.

Patreaus will now not have to testify next week. Likely it will be obamabot Michael Morrell.

And democrats believe it was some affair, a secret affair that was a secret until right before he was supposed to testify. Patreaus got a sudden attack of conscience, strolled over to the white house and handed in his resignation over this affair just in case someone should someday find out.

Anyone who believes this tripe does so because they desperately want to.

Patreaus will now not have to testify next week. Likely it will be obamabot Michael Morrell.

And democrats believe it was some affair, a secret affair that was a secret until right before he was supposed to testify. Patreaus got a sudden attack of conscience, strolled over to the white house and handed in his resignation over this affair just in case someone should someday find out.

Katz so are you saying the administration threw him under the bus?

Well here.. Let's take the easy way to this:

Do you have proof that what you say is true?

Forum List

Back