Cia director david petraeus submits letter of resignation

I don't know what the big deal is.

It's his own personal business, that should be left between his wife and himself.

Everybody does it.

It didn't stop him from doing his job.

He was a general in the armed forces. He cannot be seen getting away with what other soldiers have been punished for under the UCMJ. Especially if he has personally punished other soldiers for adultery.

WOOOOOOSH! :lmao:

breaking , no links yet.......

Benghazi casualty? :eusa_think:

if anyone has another idea for a more appropriate forum for this sound off, I am not sure were it should go...*shrugs*

no... casualty of his own open zipper...

from his resignation letter:

November 2012
Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position as D/CIA. After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours. This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation.

As I depart Langley, I want you to know that it has been the greatest of privileges to have served with you, the officers of our Nation's Silent Service, a work force that is truly exceptional in every regard. Indeed, you did extraordinary work on a host of critical missions during my time as director, and I am deeply grateful to you for that.

CIA Director David Petraeus resigns, cites extramarital affair - U.S. News

i know there will be mourning in rightwingnuthackworld because he didn't resign because of "behghazi".

did bush's CIA director resign because the US got attacked on bush's watch?

thx for hackey sack straw-man, first of the new term:clap2::rolleyes:

Extramarital affair. Yeah. Sure. He was supposed to testify in the Benghazi hearings next week. He should have KNOWN this was going to happen the second he said that the order to stand down didn't come from the CIA.

Do you think he is not going to testify now?

Don't be a conspiracy nutter.

It's his own personal business, that should be left between his wife and himself.

Everybody does it.

He was a general in the armed forces. He cannot be seen getting away with what other soldiers have been punished for under the UCMJ. Especially if he has personally punished other soldiers for adultery.

He is doing the right thing. I know it is a shock when someone does that in this day and age.

get me some vaginal swabs and some DNA to prove he had an affair okay asswipe?

Everybody does it.

I agree. Thats between he and his wife and you know Barry and his boobs could give a rats ass if he had an affair.

More to it my friends. Benghazi anyone??

breaking , no links yet.......

Benghazi casualty? :eusa_think:

if anyone has another idea for a more appropriate forum for this sound off, I am not sure were it should go...*shrugs*

November 2012
Yesterday afternoon, I went to the White House and asked the President to be allowed, for personal reasons, to resign from my position as D/CIA. After being married for over 37 years, I showed extremely poor judgment by engaging in an extramarital affair. Such behavior is unacceptable, both as a husband and as the leader of an organization such as ours. This afternoon, the President graciously accepted my resignation.

As I depart Langley, I want you to know that it has been the greatest of privileges to have served with you, the officers of our Nation's Silent Service, a work force that is truly exceptional in every regard. Indeed, you did extraordinary work on a host of critical missions during my time as director, and I am deeply grateful to you for that.

i know there will be mourning in rightwingnuthackworld because he didn't resign because of "behghazi".

yokie dokie... i love when hacks call things straw men that they have no answer for. :thup:

Adultery is a violation of the UCMJ.

Article 134.

Hmm...? Does the USCMJ cover retired personnel? As far as I know Gen. Pertaeus (Retired) and was Director of the CIA. Two different positions, not one and the same.

Everybody does it.

I agree. Thats between he and his wife and you know Barry and his boobs could give a rats ass if he had an affair.

This is how conspiracy nutters get their start. They make shit up inside the information vacuum in their heads.

Don't be that person.

Everybody does it.

psycho.

Can't believe I have to explain this. It's not like he's dead. No wonder you simpletons lost the election. This doesn't have squat to do with Benghazi. It's about all the shit Obama is going to pull that he knows Patraeus would not go along with. And he happened to have leverage to send the scumbag packing.

Adultery is a violation of the UCMJ.

Article 134.

Hmm...? Does the USCMJ cover retired personnel? As far as I know Gen. Pertaeus (Retired) and was Director of the CIA. Two different positions, not one and the same.

Again, he was and always will be General Petraeus. He cannot be seen getting away with something for which other soldiers under his command had been punished.

If Patreus continues on, as Republican morons would have him do, he would then be open to blackmail among other things had his affair gotten out.

He did the honorable thing in resigning.

Fuck, conservatives are stupid. This is yet another issue they would have been wrong on, letting a sitting CIA director keep his job even though what he did goes against the military's own code of conduct.

yokie dokie... i love when hacks call things straw men that they have no answer for. :thup:

answer what hackosaurus ? :eusa_eh:you make your own assumptions out of nowhere, throw some crap at the wall and this requires an answer?

gee whiz Jillian, 35 years as a para legal, hasn't anything rubbed off on you yet from anyone there, friggin osmosis even?:rolleyes:

Surely an ageing, obese, homosexual, eskimo woman is needed as a replacement.............Not because of qualifications, but affirmative action............

Forum List

Back