Churchill's 1941 Christmas Message

williepete

Platinum Member
Aug 7, 2011
Troposphere
Christmas Message 1941

24 December 1941
Washington, D.C.

Shortly after the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, December 7, 1941, Churchill went to Washington with his chiefs of staff to meet President Roosevelt and the American military leaders and coordinate plans for the defeat of the common enemy. On Christmas Eve Churchill broadcast to the world from the White House on the 20th annual observation of the lighting of the community Christmas tree.

"I spend this anniversary and festival far from my country, far from my family, yet I cannot truthfully say that I feel far from home. Whether it be the ties of blood on my mother's side, or the friendships I have developed here over many years of active life, or the commanding sentiment of comradeship in the common cause of great peoples who speak the same language, who kneel at the same altars and, to a very large extent, pursue the same ideals, I cannot feel myself a stranger here in the centre and at the summit of the United States. I feel a sense of unity and fraternal association which, added to the kindliness of your welcome, convinces me that I have a right to sit at your fireside and share your Christmas joys.

This is a strange Christmas Eve. Almost the whole world is locked in deadly struggle, and, with the most terrible weapons which science can devise, the nations advance upon each other. Ill would it be for us this Christmastide if we were not sure that no greed for the land or wealth of any other people, no vulgar ambition, no morbid lust for material gain at the expense of others, had led us to the field. Here, in the midst of war, raging and roaring over all the lands and seas, creeping nearer to our hearts and homes, here, amid all the tumult, we have tonight the peace of the spirit in each cottage home and in every generous heart. Therefore we may cast aside for this night at least the cares and dangers which beset us, and make for the children an evening of happiness in a world of storm. Here, then, for one night only, each home throughout the English-speaking world should be a brightly-lighted island of happiness and peace.

Let the children have their night of fun and laughter. Let the gifts of Father Christmas delight their play. Let us grown-ups share to the full in their unstinted pleasures before we turn again to the stern task and the formidable years that lie before us, resolved that, by our sacrifice and daring, these same children shall not be robbed of their inheritance or denied their right to live in a free and decent world.

And so, in God's mercy, a happy Christmas to you all."

Christmas Message 1941

Churchill didn't risk a trip across the Atlantic to wish a Merry Christmas to Americans. He was in the US to advise the dying old confused president about the realities of warfare that the Brits had been dealing with for at least two years. The Brits were shocked that the United States had no national intelligence or espionage and counter espionage network. FDR may have been confused by a series of strokes and Churchill was trying to rally the American people like he rallied the Brits. It's a shame that the DNC ran a doddering old fool for a 3rd term and an even more shocking 4th term but they did the right thing by stealing all the medical records so that Americans wouldn't know how bad it was.

Last edited:
Churchill was an unabashed racist and white supremacist. I hope a dog pisses on his grave.
Actually you have it back-assward. FDR placed American citizens in a concentration camp for the crime of being Japanese and used the "N" word freely and presided over a Nation divided by segregation. It seems that FDR was the "unabashed racist and white supremacist" and Churchill was just England's P.M.

Churchill was an unabashed racist and white supremacist. I hope a dog pisses on his grave.
Actually you have it back-assward. FDR placed American citizens in a concentration camp for the crime of being Japanese and used the "N" word freely and presided over a Nation divided by segregation. It seems that FDR was the "unabashed racist and white supremacist" and Churchill was just England's P.M.
FDR was a racist as well. That has nothing to do with Churchill being a racist and white supremacist.

"The qualities of mongrels are rarely admirable, and the mixture of the Arab and negro types has produced a debased and cruel breed, more shocking because they are more intelligent than the primitive savages."
-Churchill

"I do not agree that the dog in a manger has the final right to the manger even though he may have lain there for a very long time. I do not admit that right. I do not admit for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place."
-Churchill addressing the Peel Commission (1937)

"I am strongly in favour of using poisonous gas against uncivilised tribes"
-Churchill

"The huge area contains many differences of climate and conditions, and these have produced peculiar and diverse breeds of men. The Soudanese [sic] are of many tribes, but two main races can be clearly distinguished: the aboriginal natives, and the Arab settlers. The indigenous inhabitants of the country were negroes as black as coal. Strong, virile, and simple-minded savages, they lived as we may imagine prehistoric men - hunting, fighting, marrying, and dying, with no ideas beyond the gratification of their physical desires, and no fears save those engendered by ghosts, witchcraft, the worship of ancestors, and other forms of superstition common among peoples of low development. They displayed the virtues of barbarism. They were brave and honest. The smallness of their intelligence excused the degradation of their habits. Their ignorance secured their innocence. Yet their eulogy must be short, for though their customs, language, and appearance vary...the history of all is a confused legend of strife and misery, their natures are uniformly cruel and thriftless, and their condition is one of equal squalor and want."
-Churchill

Last edited:
FDR was a racist as well. That has nothing to do with Churchill being a racist and white supremacist.

"The qualities of mongrels are rarely admirable, and the mixture of the Arab and negro types has produced a debased and cruel breed, more shocking because they are more intelligent than the primitive savages."
-Churchill

"I do not agree that the dog in a manger has the final right to the manger even though he may have lain there for a very long time. I do not admit that right. I do not admit for instance, that a great wrong has been done to the Red Indians of America or the black people of Australia. I do not admit that a wrong has been done to these people by the fact that a stronger race, a higher-grade race, a more worldly wise race to put it that way, has come in and taken their place."

-Churchill

"The huge area contains many differences of climate and conditions, and these have produced peculiar and diverse breeds of men. The Soudanese [sic] are of many tribes, but two main races can be clearly distinguished: the aboriginal natives, and the Arab settlers. The indigenous inhabitants of the country were negroes as black as coal. Strong, virile, and simple-minded savages, they lived as we may imagine prehistoric men - hunting, fighting, marrying, and dying, with no ideas beyond the gratification of their physical desires, and no fears save those engendered by ghosts, witchcraft, the worship of ancestors, and other forms of superstition common among peoples of low development. They displayed the virtues of barbarism. They were brave and honest. The smallness of their intelligence excused the degradation of their habits. Their ignorance secured their innocence. Yet their eulogy must be short, for though their customs, language, and appearance vary...the history of all is a confused legend of strife and misery, their natures are uniformly cruel and thriftless, and their condition is one of equal squalor and want."
-Churchill
FDR was the president of the most powerful Country in the world and was allowed by law to issue an executive order that certain Japanese Americans would be arrested and their property virtually confiscated for the duration. FDR's crazy staff promoted the Post WW2 idea of kidnapping every surviving German male and transporting them to Africa to labor on farms while reducing Germany to some sort of a Middle-age tourist attraction. Churchill was just a British P.M.

-Churchill

-Churchill

-Churchill
FDR was the president of the most powerful Country in the world and was allowed by law to issue an executive order that certain Japanese Americans would be arrested and their property virtually confiscated for the duration. FDR's crazy staff promoted the Post WW2 idea of kidnapping every surviving German male and transporting them to Africa to labor on farms while reducing Germany to some sort of a Middle-age tourist attraction. Churchill was just a British P.M.
Yeah but we weren't really discussing FDR. I already know he was a racist. You seem to have a problem coming to grips that Churchill was one as well.

-Churchill

-Churchill

-Churchill
Yeah but we weren't really discussing FDR. I already know he was a racist. You seem to have a problem coming to grips that Churchill was one as well.
It's about the power. Churchill's historical rants not withstanding he had no real power compared to the President of the United States. What seems to be the basis of the rant against Churchill? Is it about the Jewish problem?

-Churchill

-Churchill

-Churchill
It's about the power. Churchill's historical rants not withstanding he had no real power compared to the President of the United States. What seems to be the basis of the rant against Churchill? Is it about the Jewish problem?
Churchill had a lot of power. Ask anyone from India. Churchill was in charge when millions of people died due to the famine in India caused by Britain's agricultural tactics. He simply didnt care if they died or not. I dont know what you are talking about regarding the Jewish problem. I just know he was a white supremacist.

Churchill didn't risk a trip across the Atlantic to wish a Merry Christmas to Americans. He was in the US to advise the dying old confused president about the realities of warfare that the Brits had been dealing with for at least two years. The Brits were shocked that the United States had no national intelligence or espionage and counter espionage network. FDR may have been confused by a series of strokes and Churchill was trying to rally the American people like he rallied the Brits. It's a shame that the DNC ran a doddering old fool for a 3rd term and an even more shocking 4th term but they did the right thing by stealing all the medical records so that Americans wouldn't know how bad it was.
FDR was 63 when he died, hardly a doddering old fool. Now, Reagan outlived him by about 30 years and was a doddering old fool.

FDR was 63 when he died, hardly a doddering old fool. Now, Reagan outlived him by about 30 years and was a doddering old fool.

There is a difference.

Reagan was a doddering old fool AFTER leaving the WH. FDR the scumbag Stalin loving elitist, was a doddering old fool in the WH. His diseased mind and body did much damage.

FDR was so feeble that the democrat establishment who ran his 4th term campaign knew he would not live out his term if he was elected. They carefully dumped the current V.P. from the ticket while he was on vacation and chose a bean counter timid rube from Missouri that they knew they could control. It is alleged that FDR was a victim of several strokes while he was president and that the liberal media withheld his medical condition from the public. Nobody in the media seemed interested that FDR's medical records disappeared from a locked safe shortly after he died.

Forum List

Back